How do people actually like this game?

@thenickgann

Hey buddy !
Did you try Ghost Recon Wildlands ?
I know it´s a 3rd Person game but way better than this beta ( at this point )
Or just stay with the original Insurgency ( 2014 ) with all the mods ( medic and engineer system ) and beautifull custom maps it´s more fun as it runs really smooth in comparison to Sandstorm.

Best regards,
Lightning

@tonyhcqc

This game feels totaly different to the original Insurgency you were playing for 6 years.
The game concept is the same yeah but if you are honest it does not feel as smooth as Insurgency, does it for you ?

Because it's a more hardcore shooter unlike Call of duty/Battlefield but you're still able to rush, unlike games like Squad.

I think right now the worse part about the game is its full of hype train passengers, that don't know how to play. I love the game so far. Clearly they have some work to streamline it, but it's good. My biggest issue is lack of teamwork. Everyone is just playing like its a BF game and the team dies rapidly. The rooms I was in yesterday had tons of people that never played INS. I set C4 on a cache only to have half my team rush it, stand on it, shoot it, get killed by other team, then I blow it. Feeble festival for sure. Next round I was setting C4, only to be blasted by a 203, I was obviously wrong, standing in the middle of his sights. Right after that, I was killed by a gunship that my team called on my pos, which I had been holding for about 2 mins waiting for my team to catch up. The game is good, the player base needs work. Like someone said above this is the perfect step above a full milsim, play it more like a milsim.

@rifrafjonesy said in How do people actually like this game?:

I think right now the worse part about the game is its full of hype train passengers, that don't know how to play. I love the game so far. Clearly they have some work to streamline it, but it's good. My biggest issue is lack of teamwork. Everyone is just playing like its a BF game and the team dies rapidly. The rooms I was in yesterday had tons of people that never played INS. I set C4 on a cache only to have half my team rush it, stand on it, shoot it, get killed by other team, then I blow it. Feeble festival for sure. Next round I was setting C4, only to be blasted by a 203, I was obviously wrong, standing in the middle of his sights. Right after that, I was killed by a gunship that my team called on my pos, which I had been holding for about 2 mins waiting for my team to catch up. The game is good, the player base needs work. Like someone said above this is the perfect step above a full milsim, play it more like a milsim.

This is what has me worried. A lot of the footage I see, I don't hear much communication and teamwork. It might be one of those where I'll just have to make sure I play with at least one or two friends so I have someone to work together with. Luckily, I think (I hope) I already have 3 other close gaming friends I will be able to team up with on I:S when it releases for console.

Having said that, playing with randoms typically ends up this way in many games in my experience. Playing with friends is where it's at. Randoms will see these other groups of friends and either take an interest in working with them or do their own thing as they normally would. If this is the way the current Insurgency community normally works (as a team), then perhaps it's just a matter of time before players start falling in line in Sandstorm.

I actually played the wildlands in beta man... not a fan. but I don't like quest type shit... I like competitive fps with cool folks. I like this game honestly, there are just some things it needs, but I am sure I will break into this new style it has. Just takes time. I stand by the fact that if server config allows, I will rid the server bought, of any vehicles though. My main complaint is vehicles.