Armor is... useless?

On what platform did the bug occur?
PC

On which Game mode did the bug occur?
All of them

If the bug occurred in Story, on which chapter did it occur?
Tested on chapter 9 and 10, but probably happens everywhere

If the bug occurred during a mission, what Objective and Map were you playing on?
Doesn't matter - any mission type.

What were you doing before reproducing the bug?
Simply shooting at a enemy with high armor value. First test was done with a autogun, where I did considerably more damage than expcting against someone with 50% armor against piercing. But I went ahead and tested with autoguns, laser, heavy stubber and autocannons - results are similar

Were you able to reproduce the issue multiple time ? If so, does it occur all the time (100%)?
Yes. Every time. Armor does not damage reduction, does not matter where the shot hits.

So, making a few tests. It feels like armor is completely useless.

Shooting a enemy with 60% armor against my attacks and I still do the listed attack damage against him.

Then I aim at his head and do exactly the same damage spread.

Feels like armor is influencing nothing?

Exception happens with homemade 'nade. That one seems to feel different reduction from enemies with different armor types.

Ive noticed the same thing. Thank you for reporting this. Was wondering what the hell.

Hi, thank you for your feedback!
Devs are currently looking for this.

Could you explain me the reproduction steps you used to test this issue?

Thank you again for your report and sorry you had this inconvenience.

Got a deadeye with a autogun ( more shots = more tests per activation). Note the damage spread of the gun.

Get into a high tier game ( so enemies have plenty of armor)

Get to a enemy. Aimed where he has high armor (50-60% is best since the difference from hitting a unarmored place should be obvious) anywhere. Record the damage.
Reload the game (ALT-F4 and open game again). Aimed shot in a place with no armor. Record the damage.

Compare the damage per shot with the damage listed on the weapon in the gear section.

last edited by Wyrmnax