TH357 Loader operation training

No matter how many times i do this mission it will not complete, I have it active, i struggle to pick up the fuel container as the forks of the loader are too far apart, I used be able to alter the width with hydraulics on my fork lift in the real world, this one should too, also there is no gap under the pallet to slide the arms in so i have to come out of fork control into drive mode and then ram the forks under the pallet in the hope it will stay straight, I then load the pallet of fuel onto the platform and reverse away but the mission will not complete, so i restart, it leaves the fuel already on the platform and then gives me a new one to go through the same rigmarole again. Maybe we have been spoilt so far but i actually expect better than this.

@Rodeown said in TH357 Loader operation training:

Maybe we have been spoilt so far but i actually expect better than this.

It is a test server; do pleas make a full report, complaint, I have already but your exact experience is vital.

An emotional response like this is not justified on the test server ~ again I urge you to make a scientific report, reciting in minutia, your problems, exactly and precisely, "expecting better than this" is insulting and unwarranted.

And, as you do make a technical report, do throw in an apology as well. Please n Thanks.

@gbeeTen said in TH357 Loader operation training:

Maybe we have been spoilt so far but i actually expect better than this.

do throw in an apology as well. Please n Thanks.

I apologise if my statement offended you in any way, I have played over 500 hours on snowrunner both test server and main game so i have now got to expect a certain standard from Focus, a problem like me and others are having with this telehandler should have been dealt with in ALPHA testing not Beta, I am well over 50 years of age so I don't get emotional over pixels on a screen. Please chill out there are much more important things to be worrying about in these strange times. Be safe.

Be safe.

OK, Thanks.

For fun, my credentials. 🙂
SnowRunner 29D 15h Base
SnowRunner PTS 13D 3H
MudRunner [Steam] 9,221 hours.
Spintires [Steam] 1,996 hours.

I retire this year. 🙂

last edited by gbeeTen

Wow those hours, can I include my hours spent on RC Rock crawling & construction in real life 🙂 🤣 👍 Good luck on the retirement, more Snowrunner time 🚛 🚧

last edited by Rodeown

@Rodeown I mean we are pretty much play testing the maps before it release i find it funny that they did not even finish the mission structure before shipping it to the pts. Just shows how far behind they are in developing the season pass content.

@mastercap said in TH357 Loader operation training:

I mean we are pretty much play testing the maps

Yes. I'd say near Alpha, but issues are now becoming, repeatable and predictable. My hope is it becomes evident to the devs exactly what the problem is. 🙂

Same issue. I currently have three pallets on the dock.

had no problems finishing the mission. I loaded the cargo on the dock and it didn't complete it but I backed up and was able to finish it. The controls are wonky to go between being able to move the fork truck and operating the forks. And know that there are 2 types of forks available wide and narrow. And NO the lift is nothing like real life, but they did do an amazing job so far. Not sure myself how better to do the controls but would be nice to have a single hot key for being able to instantly swap from operating forks to driving the fork truck.

@Beefalo-Bart
Can you explain in more detail how you ended the mission? I always have only a magnifying glass on the forklift, regardless of whether I have the load on the floor, have it on the fork, or put it on the ramp.

In my case, I gave up on the mission and switched to another one. When I completed all others and went back to it, the first part of the task was done and I was able to finish.

I have actually gone back to this and completed it, I drove the telehandler into the start square and an x came up to UNLOAD cargo even though it wasnt on the telehandler forks it was on the Platform as soon as i selected the fuel it finished the task.

Today I pull a Loader with the Tatarin from the 2nd map back through the portal to the training area. This time a yellow square was at the ramp and I was able to finish the task, as you can see:

Loader 1.jpg

Loader 2.jpg

Loader 3.jpg

After this, I switched to an other savegame, was driving again back from the 2nd map and the yellow square was also at the ramp:

Loader 4.jpg

But now I started the task new and the yellow square at the ramp is dissapeared:

Loader 5.jpg

Again I was driving from the 2nd map back to the training area and (again) there's no yellow square to unload!

Loader 6.jpg

@Rodeown How COOL there is other old farts on here like me !
BTW some of the missions will not complete there not done yet.
I personally own a forklift all i can say is ,
" That's not how this works , That's not how ANY of this works"
I tried it I don't even bother with it.
lol like why do they have an off road forklift on a dock ? LMAO.
maybe so you can drive around and steel material from the housing builds. Its a black market dock ! lol/jk

last edited by barefootbob

So wait, your telling me the TH-357 isn't realistic? Your saying you don't have to hit 2 buttons and a mouse click to engage the forks. Then hit the V key 3 times and then again to get back to driving mode?

HOT KEY for fast swapping modes or figure another way for us to control the thing.

And for the mission I picked up the 1 thing of drums, tried to put it on the dock, it did nothing. So I backed up and there was another yellow box on the ground and drove into it and completed it.

Well, think of the game controller users with their limited control inputs.

Good to know that these have "light and horn" on the shoulder buttons .... and that there is never a "short and long" keypress option for controls.

Would be e.g. too easy having a simple shift up/down with these shoulder buttons when you drive and with a "double long press" on both buttons you change that to fork operation, then "up down" for these. Or similar.

last edited by JTT

I am far to old for using a controller now after using mouse and keyboard longer than 90% of the population of the game has been alive lol.

Hotkey is the easy solution and yes I am sure the controller users can find and share their input on well inputs lol for hot swapping from the driving to fork using for forks sake. I know nothing about using controllers so their input would be very valuable as would wheel and pedal users.

It just takes the devs actually doing RESEARCH prior to pooping out content.