Personally I find a distracting disconnect between the new foregrips and their individual functions, their hands are in the same place holding a slightly different bit of plastic that is all functionally the same. What I believe may have function conveyed in a better manner is the way in which the players hands actually hold the weapon ie. Magwell hold, C-Clamp and "standard" grip.
C-Clamp Hold w/ Angled Foregrip
The way in which I see it conveying a better function, while making a bit more sense, to the players would be to move along these lines:
- Remove all the new functions for the foregrips and instead have them serve as a cosmetic alternative to the Foregrip. If you want to add functionality to the foregrips, add flashlight/laser combos (maybe even strobes?).
- Implement a "Hold" catergory in weapon attachments with the following:
- Magwell hold w/ 1.75X decrease reload time, 1.35X decreased recoil control, standard time to sight.
- Standard hold w/ standard reload time, standard recoil control, standard time to sight.
- C-Clamp hold w/ 1.5X increased reload time, 1.5X increased recoil control, 1.25X decreased time to sight.
- Have the supply cost be 0.
Caveat Time!!1! Obviously this isn't going to work for all weapons due to form factor (eg the Aug, Uzi, Shotguns) or is just unnecessary like being on the DMR's, Snipers, MG's. Also the multipliers are just to illustrate how I would think they would balance each other out.
- Implement a "Foregrip Position" with "Standard" and "Forward" for the Foregip to be used with C-Clamp with "Forward" applying a X1.2 increased recoil, X1.2 increased reload time.
- For the Quickdraw function maybe implement slings? 2-Point Standard vs. 1-Point Quickdraw?
- Point Shooting took me a while to figure out something but here goes: add PS as a switchable sight option as a full game mechanic (for ALL weapons). Increase the hip aim zone by say 1.25 - 1.35X, have that drop to say 0.75X when using PS w/o laser and finally keep PS as in when using the laser.
In close, I believe this would provide a far more nuanced system while providing a lot more player option in how they wish to play while being "truer" to their real world counterparts. I also strongly believe his would be greatly appreciated by firearms enthusiasts across the board, I mean after all, IS is most definately gun porn at the end of the day.