PTS Yet more collisions

I did not play the game in a while, the way it was broken, over time it rob all the fun out of it. But i try the game again yesterday and i am positively surprised that you managed to fix the wheels sinking into rocks for the most part(as far as i could see) and many collisions are a lot better, that goes a long way to making the game world plausible. Every time you glitch into objects it just takes you out of it.

Also it seems to be the excessive damage you took when driving on road is much better now, when i drive in sunken lands to the quarry over the road, it is not as vexing as it used to be 😉

That said, it took me about 5 minutes to find more collision problems. I am not sure who is responsible for all this collision business but he need to step his game up, that is for sure)

(Most trees on kola maps act like this, that is very bad work, just saying)
alt text

For the rest of the 3-4 hours i played, the game worked surprisingly well on the PTS with some minor glitches but still.

• Sadly open locks work still exactly the same as it was few month ago, even after you guys said you will fix it. The differential locks are still completely optional and quiet useless, the trucks drive just as good without them. But somehow that dose not surprise me, same goes for the shifter that is still is the worst shifter in the series.

I will play some more these days and add my findings here.

last edited by Actionjackson

This defect in the collision model of the Tatarin was named months ago in this forum and nothing has improved.
There is a similar mod model the "Tatrapan" which had this kind of problems too and it was solved in no time!
Who is the guy responsible for "repairing" the trucks in this game? Is there anyone? And the small little tyre damage stones are still there don´t you worry! And why is at that the first axle tyres can repeatly drive through the largest boulders and then the next axle tyres get a collision?

last edited by Schlemmil

@Schlemmil said in PTS Yet more collisions:

This defect in the collision model of the Tatarin was named months ago in this forum and nothing has improved.
There is a similar mod model the "Tatrapan" which had this kind of problems too and it was solved in no time!
Who is the guy responsible for "repairing" the trucks in this game? Is there anyone?

That is just lame, i mean they released the game in april! What is even more troublesome is that they release more paid vehicles that have the quality of a "LOL" mod from the steam workshop while a base game vehicle is still broken. They ask money for garbage 😞

I think the game was released like at least 6 to 12 month too soon, i pay 60€ for a broken ass game, and on the epic store page you can see all the bought 9 out of 10 scores, these reviewers probably did play for 1 hour and done -> 9 out of 10.

@Schlemmil said in PTS Yet more collisions:

And the small little tyre damage stones are still there don´t you worry! And why is at that the first axle tyres can repeatly drive through the largest boulders and then the next axle tyres get a collision?

On the "Drowned Lands" paved road it seemed it is a little better, i still took some big hits but it felt like less small constant damage for absolutely no reason. Not sure if they did any work on that at all.

So the boulders still skip through the 1st axle tires at speed? That is a joke, what have they be doing in 5 month now? I and many others report that months ago.

@Actionjackson said in PTS Yet more collisions:

The differential locks are still completely optional and quiet useless, the trucks drive just as good without them.

Nope, there is a remarkable increase in traction. But rather than punishing your turning cycle it will simply damage your gearbox - even if you go straight ahead as long as you are on a high traction surface.

@JTT said in PTS Yet more collisions:

@Actionjackson said in PTS Yet more collisions:

The differential locks are still completely optional and quiet useless, the trucks drive just as good without them.

Nope, there is a remarkable increase in traction. But rather than punishing your turning cycle it will simply damage your gearbox - even if you go straight ahead as long as you are on a high traction surface.

Not in my game. I get exactly as far without difflocks as i get with locks. I used to drive the Royal truck most of the time in the US maps single and multiplayer and it has no locks and it never was any problem at all. When i drive step310 same thing, or the Fleetstar, these 2 have optional locks.

If you go on any map and drive to a steep incline where you can get all wheels slipping, you will see that open locks act as if they are differentialy locked so to say, you will see all 6 wheels spinning and providing traction even as you have no difflocks engaged or do not have any on the truck at all.
I am not sure where you see a "remarkable" increase in traction, cause i see none of that. Once i have the locks open i should see a remarkeble decrease in traction but that is not what is happening.

I mean they said they are looking into that but i can not see any evidence that they actually did that. Back at release of the game the only very rare case where you actually could use the locks was at very slow speed going in rocks, you could get actually stuck in a way where locks would pull you out, but that was more a freak incident, not the norm.

All that said, if they decreased traction with open locks in a patch, it is so little that i am not seeing it at all, so excuse me for saying what i do but that is what i am seeing on my end when i play the game, open locks just plow through anything like they used to, keep your finger on W and you get through it, once you really stuck in mud(like not moving at all), engaging locks does nothing anymore. That is how the game behaves on my end.

Engage them more early as long as you have some momentum. If you put them in as soon as you are stuck and stopped its IMHO too late. I like them and they do work. Very likely its due to my different style of driving. Because I hate the BM17 with no difflock.

And honestly, Fleetstar 2070 (nice truck) is not exactly overpowered and same to the Step 300. If you wanna see a difference - use the ZIKZ. As 4x4 its very noticable.

I did drive the 4x4 US truck quiet a bit. That blue(default) one you pull out of the dirt on the first michigan map. It also has only optional locks and on it it is the same thing, high gear and press W, it pulls no problem.
I do own the ZIKZ but did not drive it much, maybe i should do that.

I guess we really must have some different playstyles. You mention momentum and difflocks you can only ever activate on low gears where you are already quiet slow even with low+. If i see mud i can not avoid i run into it full tilt automatic gear and if i slow down shift to high gear, if you keep W pressed the wheels spin fast enough for the limited slip differentials every truck has to keep the diff locked so much that all wheels spin and give traction. That way i hardly ever go down to low gears where i can actually engage locks.

I do use the low gears if i want to control speed of the truck in a steep downhill where i want to keep the truck at slow speed.
What you describe worked well in spintires and mudrunner also, but in snowrunner it is not needed.