Should I just get a refund while I still can? Internal Server Error

So... I contacted the tech support by email 10 days, 8 hours and a couple of minutes ago and have still not received any reply past the automated "thank you for contacting" mail.

I'm having two issues that I know of: When trying to login, I get to wait for a contact with the server for a long time, but always get an Internal Server Error message. This same wait and error happens no matter what I try to do and as such it prevents me from playing in any game mode.

The second issue I have is that when I tried to bypass the server contact entirely, I can get to the screens to start matches in the campaign or friendly games against AI, but when I try to actually start the matches, I get a loading screen for a while followed by an instant game-over screen.

So the thing is, my time window for getting a refund from steam is going to expire in 2 and a half days from now and if I'm not able to play, then I certainly would not want to pay either.

I'm not asking you to fix the issue in that time, I get that any issue that pops up five years from a game's launch is not likely going to be a simple one. But what I am asking is that anyone would respond to me within the time window and assure me that someone will look into the matter.

I can wait, if there is something to wait for.

If, for some reason my email has just been somehow misplaced or otherwise lost, I've attached my Game000.log file here. (It might even be different from the one I sent in the email anyways as I have continued trying new possible fixes every time I find more of them scrolling through this forum.)

hello, thanks for the detailed report and sorry you didn't get any quick answer from our support!

I'll poke the team about it. I guess you double checked that your internet connection was working well? Have you tried again today? Did it work before?

It has not worked before as I just bought the game a bit less than two weeks ago. Meanwhile, while my internet connection is not stellar, I have been regularily playing world of warcraft, vermintide and other online games so I think it should work well enough unless this game has abnormally high bandwidth requirements.
And I have been retrying connecting almost every day since with no luck yet.

last edited by Voidhook

Yeah, if you can, get a refund - there's a new version of the game due 'soon', so they won't be fixing issues on this one.
To be honest, they haven't fixed anything for quite a while (check all the unanswered threads in this forum).

last edited by Alt_Darkson

@Netheos Could you poke the team again? Still no contact from them...

@Netheos This is getting ridiculous... Please be honest with me, do you guys even have tech support anymore or are you just poking empty chairs?

Sorry for the delay. When you say "when I tried to bypass the server contact entirely", you mean playing offline? You should have any server issue at all in offline mode.

The problem is that getting the Internal Server Error message could be a lot of things. The game servers are stable and we haven't detected issues lately, meaning it's an issue specific to your computer or connection.

Does the online mode work properly or is that where you get the loading screen and instant game-over screen?

@Netheos Yeah, that's what I meant. In offline mode I get the instant game-over screens when trying to start matches. In online mode I do not even get as far as the screen where I could start a match due to the Internal server error stuff.

So yeah, neither online nor offline works.

@Voidhook said in Should I just get a refund while I still can? Internal Server Error:

@Netheos Yeah, that's what I meant. In offline mode I get the instant game-over screens when trying to start matches. In online mode I do not even get as far as the screen where I could start a match due to the Internal server error stuff.

So yeah, neither online nor offline works.

I'm sorry but I don't think we have a fix to this issue with the info we have right now. You can request a refund through Steam and if they refuse it, we should be able to unlock the refund on our side, but it has to be requested through their tool first.

@Netheos Ouch, that's disappointing. But thanks for letting me know. Hopefully I won't have these same issues once Blood Bowl 3 comes out.

@Netheos Not surprisingly Steam refused the refund requests so here's the reference codes for both of my refund requests (one for the base game the other for the legend edition bundle):

HT-89DC-NB6N-BN58

HT-WTDR-26PW-HYKD

@Voidhook said in Should I just get a refund while I still can? Internal Server Error:

@Netheos Not surprisingly Steam refused the refund requests so here's the reference codes for both of my refund requests (one for the base game the other for the legend edition bundle):

HT-89DC-NB6N-BN58

HT-WTDR-26PW-HYKD

Thanks, we've sent an email to Steam to approve the refund.

@Netheos Could you send Steam another email? They approved one of the refund requests within 30mins of your last update, but have apparently forgotten about the other. The one that is yet to be resolved is:

HT-89DC-NB6N-BN58

@Netheos Could you send Steam that other email? I still have the base game left to be refunded:

HT-89DC-NB6N-BN58

@Netheos Sigh, the base game is still unrefunded:

HT-89DC-NB6N-BN58

last edited by Voidhook

@Netheos Actually, hold off on the refunds. I did some more digging while I did my weekly effort to get this fixed while waiting for the refund and found out from the management log files that for some reason the game was making calls to a some file within my Python 3.7 files. I thought this was pretty peculiar given how the game installation has a copy of Python 2.something already included. And well, since a programming course I was on and needed python 3.7 ended last Friday I decided to uninstall that whole thing.

As a result, my BB2 finally works! So please don't send the email to steam that I have been reminding you to make these last 3 weeks as I no longer wish to get a refund, I want to play! (And indeed I just finished my first campaign match before I started typing this message.)

Too bad that you did refund the other ticket with all the dlcs in it, though, since I bought them during the quite massive sale in late october (same as the base game, just a different purchase event) and would now have to buy them back at the full price... 😕