Season 2: Explore & Expand revs up on November 16!

alt text

Hello SnowRunners!

We’re excited to announce that the upcoming Season 2: Explore & Expand, the second of four phases in the Season Pass for SnowRunner, will be available on November 16 for all Season Pass and Premium Edition owners or for separate purchase on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Season 2 brings an all-new Canadian wilderness packed with exciting sandbox gameplay possibilities, a set of new vehicles, and more!

SnowRunner_Season2_Explore&Expand_logo_04.png

Season 2 brings two new maps set in Canada’s Yukon wilderness, filled with snow-blanketed valleys, treacherous rivers and dangerous mud banks, featuring missions that allow for more creative gameplay than ever. Expand your operations into this new frontier, gathering raw materials and using the brand new cargo crafting mechanic to build a huge processing plant from scratch.

Three new vehicles join the vehicle roster, including the CAT 770G: the biggest truck in the franchise yet. Current vehicles can also be customised even further, with new exclusive skins, hood ornaments and exterior stickers.

Free content on its way for all players

SnowRunner has brought free post-launch support since its release in April, and a wealth of new free content is also on its way. Two new trials, Xtreme cargo, the introduction of new customization items for interiors and exteriors, as well as new missions for the existing Alaska and Taymyr maps will be made available for all players when Season 2 launches on November 16.

See you next week!

Thanks for the update looking forward to it cheers

FFS, please push a last PTS build, so many things are still uncertain in 10.4...
The forklift commands are a mess, give us oportunity to properly test the new ones before it comes to live.

Nice Jellyfoosh!😁 Can 't wait....

Hey,

Thank you so much for the great news. Will this be made available on Xbox One Series X? I own the season pas currently for xbox one

Could you clarify what is meant by 'Xtreme cargo'?
Is it larger cargo, like ETS2's heavy cargo pack? Or is it something else?

So are the major bugs of PTS 10.4 fixed ? Crazy 360º cranes when changing truck, task area shared to all truck, missing manual loading at dismantled houses for example.

In the .gif it says Phase 2, but everywhere else in the announcement it says Season 2. In all previous videos and announcements these were also described as Phases of the Season, now the Phases are "Seasons". I'm pretty sure they did that switcherino to make it look like the "collectible DLCs" are not released during the First Season but inbetween "Seasons" and therefore not part of the Season Pass. Pathetic.

And we get a date! Woo-hoo!

@mark-price26 said in Season 2: Explore & Expand revs up on November 16!:

Hey,

Thank you so much for the great news. Will this be made available on Xbox One Series X? I own the season pas currently for xbox one

Season 2 releases on all already released platforms (PS4, Xbox One and Epic) on November 16. We haven't announced next gen versions (PS5, XSX, XSS) for SnowRunner. It will work on them through back compatibility but we don't have any info about dedicated next gen versions for now.

@Amynue said in Season 2: Explore & Expand revs up on November 16!:

In the .gif it says Phase 2, but everywhere else in the announcement it says Season 2. In all previous videos and announcements these were also described as Phases of the Season, now the Phases are "Seasons". I'm pretty sure they did that switcherino to make it look like the "collectible DLCs" are not released during the First Season but inbetween "Seasons" and therefore not part of the Season Pass. Pathetic.

Phase 2 = Season 2. This is just different ways we've called them. It doesn't change anything to the content.

last edited by Netheos

Finally a relese date! Prepare your schedules guys! Time to drive a bit! Hope no major iussues with this release!

last edited by Nona

Snowrunner devs
Because we now have the ability to pack vehicles on trailers could we possibly see a Ramped Scout Flatbed?

@Fired-Fuel said in Season 2: Explore & Expand revs up on November 16!:

Snowrunner devs
Because we now have the ability to pack vehicles on trailers could we possibly see a Ramped Scout Flatbed?

There is already the Ramped Flatbed Semi-Trailer, the Ramped Gooseneck Semi-Trailer and the what's it called, Ramped Heavy Semi-Trailer or something. It's that military 3 cargo slot trailer.

I don't use scout trailers much but I don't recall there being any scout ramp trailers. So that would be a nice addition.

Will this be both maps? Or will it be phased like Phase 1?

@SnowGoose said in Season 2: Explore & Expand revs up on November 16!:

Will this be both maps? Or will it be phased like Phase 1?

Both maps at the same time.

@Tazmanyak said in Season 2: Explore & Expand revs up on November 16!:

The forklift commands are a mess,

We cannot say this enough.
Otherwise, thanks for the update; even though I've been through the PTS, the ad makes me excited again.

@Netheos said in Season 2: Explore & Expand revs up on November 16!:

Phase 2 = Season 2. This is just different ways we've called them. It doesn't change anything to the content.

I really wish you had used the term "Season" rather than "Phase" from the start. Starting out with the term "Phase" implied those 4 phases were part of a single season, then there would be a second season with more phases. Now Ive come to realize there are just 4 seasons being released with no indication of anything beyond that.

Back in April, a lot of the community were even talking about this and no one ever stopped to correct the terminology being used. If any of the community managers had stepped in back then and explained we were all wrong in thinking phase 1 was not phase 1 of season 1 and phase 2 was not phase 2 of season 1, then I wouldnt have an issue here. This feels like a bait and switch tactic simply because of poor communication... which seems to be a recurring theme here.

@Felmarg
You forgot disappearing/magically become other type cargo at cargo producing areas. 10.4 is full of bugs atm, if it's going to main branch as it is now then it's a big mistake.

@Adsumus said in Season 2: Explore & Expand revs up on November 16!:

10.4 is full of bugs atm,

However, they did acknowledge receipt of the reports, prior to commitment.

We'll keep that phrase in mind and it will be revealing, where we had a lot of unacknowledged reports from the last major version that did make it into production ~ and many people complained that we in the test server, had not reported issues [but we actually had].

I'm personally calling VerTen a new beginning. :0

@Glitchworks absolutely. It is pretty absurd how they choose to handle this situation.

It confuses the casual fans that do not follow all the information as closely as those of us willing to do the extra homework