Coping with this game

@koadah

Sure look at the images I posted above about dice rolls haha.

You have not addressed the issue where my 1's go for agility rolls and my 5'6 go for my own armor rolls which makes the game broken as it might seem that rolls are spreading out, but they are not. My armour rolls should come from my opponent dice and take his 5'6 not mine, as otherwise, I'm failing on everything and using my good rolls on killing my guys

The game I left all guys in the middle was one I had given up on and probably part of the team I deleted. I don't follow usually when I only push, and then only if leaving said player free would risk my TD play or you will go and place yourself somewhere else.

I don't do a lot of unnecessary dodging & leaping. I might do some, but not a lot, as I do when required, or should I leave my lineman in base to base with your MB guy instead of trying to get out?

I'm not talking about the game being balanced over the course of 1 game, but several games. You have above the image of my alst 2 games vs teams with same AV as me, where I did squat to them. That the problem with the balance, if I roll all my 6's on my own armours, that is wrong.

Hey @kaintxu,

Please do not ever use foul language like you did in your above post on these forums.

@execute said in Coping with this game:

Just like you said, sure he gets his fair share of d5 and d6 and they all come on his armor rolls so he gets hurt but if he tries to go for it he rolls d1

Armor and injury rolls are conducted by your opponent, actually. At least, they are by the rulebook.

@kaintxu said in Coping with this game:

@koadah

Sure look at the images I posted above about dice rolls haha.

You have not addressed the issue where my 1's go for agility rolls and my 5'6 go for my own armor rolls which makes the game broken as it might seem that rolls are spreading out, but they are not. My armour rolls should come from my opponent dice and take his 5'6 not mine, as otherwise, I'm failing on everything and using my good rolls on killing my guys

I don't think that it works like that. I think (but don't know) that all the rolls come from the server and are not allocated one RNG per coach.

This conversation reminds me of doing probability homework with the kids. We did a coin flip experiment. The first 12 flips came up heads. We were suspecting foul play after around 6. 😉

I don't do a lot of unnecessary dodging & leaping. I might do some, but not a lot, as I do when required, or should I leave my lineman in base to base with your MB guy instead of trying to get out?

You appear to take unnecessary risks rushing down the field for an early TD, when you could take your time and let the situation develop. You have eight turns.

In a recent game, you ran people downfield and left the ball carrier on his own. Yes, yes, yes. You got some bad luck with skulls. But by rushing downfield, you left the opponent easy access to your backfield. Then you didn't do anything to protect the ball carrier. When the skulls came they got an easy 2D on the BC. Most of your players were too far away to help and you were firefighting from then on.

If you were receiving on turn 6 or 7 that may have been fair enough. But on turn 1 there is just no need for that. It is just unnecessary risk.
I notice that you didn't deny unnecessary passing. 😉

I'm not talking about the game being balanced over the course of 1 game, but several games. You have above the image of my alst 2 games vs teams with same AV as me, where I did squat to them. That the problem with the balance, if I roll all my 6's on my own armours, that is wrong.

Give us your last 6 Ondsandskulls.

It might just be that Nuffle hates you.

@koadah said in Coping with this game:

I don't think that it works like that. I think (but don't know) that all the rolls come from the server and are not allocated one RNG per coach.

This is correct. It's one instance of the RNG per match, not one per coach.

This conversation reminds me of doing probability homework with the kids. We did a coin flip experiment. The first 12 flips came up heads. We were suspecting foul play after around 6. 😉

Youtube Video

Have you considered a possibility that whoever you claim to play at your local tabletop club/events may not be on the same ground with finest BB players drawn to the one of the 2 main PC BB implementations? Thus a fun-driven, "easygoing" play-style you could have got accustomed to while playing with same-minded folk from your neighborhood may not work that well for a place where one of the finest coaches from around the world are gathered and real-money prizes are being offered?

last edited by Mori-Mori

^ This (in addition to all the other stuff)

I thought I was quite good at this game until I left my home league and ventured into the wider world via TT tournaments and PBeM (long before Cyanide got into this game), then I soon realised not only am I distinctly average, but that the "you-score, I-score" style we often had in our home league wasn't the norm.

@mori-mori

Tournaments? Euroleague? all that is now level compared to BB online right? you guys are the best, even random pick ups? HAHAHAHAH. Not saying there are not good players, because there are, but...

First game of the day, for those who say look balances. NO IT DOES NOT. it my seem like it, but look at this. double one in a row followed by double 6. Of course that can look like dice are balancing, but dice are wrong to balance on a per player basis0_1520539134558_Captura de pantalla 2018-03-08 a las 19.55.05.png

Looking at the image, for the stats that would be

1: 2
2: 0
3: 1
4: 0
5: 1
6: 2

Which you could say is luck balancing the dice rolls, even good, but it´s crap because it mean I lost my turn, I got a guy down and KO´d

And now this is when I have gone aft from that match. 0_1520539970713_Captura de pantalla 2018-03-08 a las 20.12.26.png

That´s were all my 5´s and 6´if you had some brain you would see that the dice rolls balance them selves, but on a bad way

can someone with some brain tell me who this can happen game after game if it has proven that luck is balanced?

BTW that is half time. lets see how it finishes

last edited by kaintxu

can someone with some brain tell me who this can happen game after game if it has proven that luck is balanced?

BTW that is half time. lets see how it finishes

Because it's random.
How many times have you rolled a 6 for your 2+ dodges? I wager it will be about the same number of times, but you don't notice that because it doesn't stick in your mind.
Likewise, how many times did you notice the 2+ you made to make that unnecessary dodge? And yet you'll remember the 1 because it gives you a turnover.
How many times do you remember the 1 on the dodge but pass the reroll?
Of course a 1-reroll-1 is memorable. And you won't remember the 6-reroll-6s, because you don't need to make them, but a 6 for an action, followed by a 6 on the next dice roll (whatever that is) is just the same as a 1-reroll-1.

And from the other side, do you remember all the times an opponent rolled a 1-5 on an interception attempt? No, you only remember the time they rolled a 6 (or of course, the 5-6 for AG4 etc).

But because you don't believe that...

Because Cyanide hate you (just you, no-one else) and built a little bit extra into the coding to screw you over all the time. If you look closely in the packaging you'll find a voucher for the tin hat you're missing.

0_1520545322020_Captura de pantalla 2018-03-08 a las 20.35.09.png

This is how the above game ended. and at some point I had more KOd guys. This is 3 games in a row with plenty of injuries

I´ve played as many games with my plan in table top as online, and I can say 100% I have suffered this in one game, but never ever 3 in a row, and several times

@darkson

Darkson, actually interceptions I Remember as I have been keeping track on, and so far, I have been intercepted 3 times and twice I haven't. Yes that is the average.

Anyway just deleted the team. A pity as it had an agi 5 catcher and a ago 4 lineman (Yes I was very lucky there) but makes no sense to play slann on this game, I will leave them for fumble and tabletop where this does not happen, and just focus on a bash (and most probably claw team) to try and kill oponent which seems all this game is fun for

0_1520545322020_Captura de pantalla 2018-03-08 a las 20.35.09.png

This is how the above game ended. and at some point I had more KOd guys. This is 3 games in a row with plenty of injuries

Which game is it? I'm really curious now what you must do to achieve such spectacular result.

What did you say Calcium? 😉

@kaintxu

Normally, I would have said 'bad luck', but after having played you (having been the 'other guy' in that match against the other Kislev), I know it's just kharma - you know what I'm talking about -
and pretty bad play mixed in with that, taking too many risky actions, exposing your vulnerable players to be easily hit.

Just so nobody gets confused about the actual luck in that match. You won it due to a +5 pass (without reroll) in combination with diving catch (+3 according to goblin-spy, I don't know why) after doing 2 gfis before the pass (and a +3+2 dodge away with the receiver before that), the rolls involved being 4-5-1(dodge-rr)-5-5-4-6-6

last edited by ugh

@mori-mori said in Coping with this game:

Which game is it? I'm really curious now what you must do to achieve such spectacular result.

Actually, if you go afk, such results aren't spectacular at all. Just one more possible plausible explanation.

@ugh said in Coping with this game:

Just so nobody gets confused about the actual luck in that match. You won it due to a +5 pass (without reroll) in combination with diving catch (+3 according to goblin-spy, I don't know why) after doing 2 gfis before the pass (and a +3+2 dodge away with the receiver before that), the rolls involved being 4-5-1(dodge-rr)-5-5-4-6-6

That's usually how "rigged dices" actually look like in reality. Good things are taken for granted.

Could you still help me finding the match in question? I want to witness it for myself.