BOAR 45318 - Issues and Feedback <12.7>

they may have thought they removed the low saddle but mine still haunts my truck underneath it. it now gets virtually stuck on anything and everything. any advice?

https://imgur.com/a/W7EPC7z

@sparxzzz You have to sell it and buy another one, no other way around it currently.

@Amynue Right now 12.4 can equip Van body addon.

As of 12.4 the most severe problems still remain. Wobbling front wheels, wheels not spinning at all or randomly stopping under heavy load and small fuel tank combined with bad fuel economy.

The low saddle is gone, this puts Boar in the high-saddle-only-heavy-truck category which is currently occupied by 2 Kolob and 2 Pacific trucks. All these trucks except Boar use more fuel efficient "Special" gearboxes. They also all have Mud tires or Heavy Offroad tires, except Boar which has Medium Offroad tires. Only P16 has 300L tank like Boar, the rest has 340L, 350L, 380L, but even P16 has better range than Boar despite being 5tons heavier.

I did a test on Flooded Foothills to see how far Boar can pull the 8slot trailer with 4xmetal beams before it runs out of fuel.

Boar with UOD II tires and Offroad gearbox got this far from garage:
SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.01.24 - 20.18.29.jpg

Pacific P16 with Advanced Special gearbox got this far:
SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.01.24 - 21.28.59.jpg

When P16 reached the point where Boar ran out of fuel, it still had 118L of fuel left. Sadly I didn't measure the time but P16 was faster and required less winching.

So in short - the truck is currently garbage. Please improve it before the release.

Hi
Except for the russian language forum, i have not seen this strange thing about the Boar 45318.

I was surprised by the diffculty of driving the boar in the mud.
After returning to the garage , i saw a saddle between the wheels . 3.jpg

I Solved my problem 🙂 I Sold The Truck, Bought it in Taimyr and reequipped.

Hello, still some issues with the power transfer with the truck stopping for no apparent reason especially in Low, and the extremely wavy front wheels.
Greetings and keep it improving the game.

The size of this truck reflects how disappointing its performance currently is.

@Amynue said in BOAR 45318 - Issues and Feedback <12.5>:

The size of this truck reflects how disappointing its performance currently is.

well, devs did perfect job in this case!))

its a russian vehicle, made from chinese parts

At lease we have funny answers to all our problems 😉

On that BOAR instagram post they said "don't forget to try the 3-slot trailer on it!" are they talking about the lowboy or some new trailer?

@TomiP16 said in BOAR 45318 - Issues and Feedback <12.7>:

On that BOAR instagram post they said "don't forget to try the 3-slot trailer on it!" are they talking about the lowboy or some new trailer?

They were alluding to the fact that the truck performs so poorly that the 3-slot lowboy is the most it can handle. Sad that they are releasing it in such poor state despite us giving feedback early on.

Fuel tank still too small.
Still using Medium wheels instead of Heavy.
Still Offroad icon on the map instead of Heavy:
alt text

Please do not forget, that the Boar and other "DLC" Vehicles are also available to Beginners. VERY early. Where it is likely OP.

@JTT said in BOAR 45318 - Issues and Feedback <12.7>:

Please do not forget, that the Boar and other "DLC" Vehicles are also available to Beginners. VERY early. Where it is likely OP.

So all the DLC trucks should be very weak so they can be used by people starting the game?

It should be the player's choice if one wants to use a truck that is OP for the first maps or not. Why punish players who have been playing since the game came out.

Personally, I'm really disappointed in the Boar, it would have been a great alternative to the heavy vehicles that I've been using for the past year such as the Kolobs and the P16.

Generally speaking, I've been quite disappointed at most season pass vehicles that have been way underpowered for the map they came with. I rarely use them because of that.

@semprenissart

The bandit was IMHO pretty nice. Not OP, not too weak. You forgot, that its a light 8x8 with a nice engine addition with respect to power. F750 was also very OK, especially after the engine upgrade. What its missing - scout trailer attachment.

The P512 is imho a bit too light and too weak with ridiculous fuel consumption and/or fuel tank size. As wood is damn heavy, the trucks weight and comparably high center of gravity is not that likable. Its not exactly working as a "medium woods transporter". The boar did in my gameplay even work better than the P12 or P16 - which is not that difficult, but at least its "progress". The 5600TS - ok, I personally do not like the really long and big ones.

last edited by JTT

@JTT said in BOAR 45318 - Issues and Feedback <12.7>:

@semprenissart

The bandit was IMHO pretty nice. Not OP, not too weak. You forgot, that its a light 8x8 with a nice engine addition with respect to power. F750 was also very OK, especially after the engine upgrade. What its missing - scout trailer attachment.

The P512 is imho a bit too light and too weak with ridiculous fuel consumption and/or fuel tank size. As wood is damn heavy, the trucks weight and comparably high center of gravity is not that likable. Its not exactly working as a "medium woods transporter". The boar did in my gameplay even work better than the P12 or P16 - which is not that difficult, but at least its "progress". The 5600TS - ok, I personally do not like the really long and big ones.

Bandit was just okay to me. Struggles a bit in deep snow/mud and flips very easily unless you put Tayga tires.
F750 was trash when it first came out, but after the engine upgrade that was released later on, it’s been one of my go to scouts. As you said, it’s very unfortunate that it cannot attach scout trailers which I would have loved, mainly for the radar which is too big for most scouts other that the international loadstar.
I haven’t played much with the trucks that came out with Wisconsin as the first one that I tried was the Boar and it is very very under powered mainly when it comes to torque at low speed. It just stalls... (I posted a video a while ago in one of the topic)

@semprenissart

As I have now played the BOAR in the logging missions a bit - its main weakness is the access to MEDIUM tires. Which were designed for typically US 6x6 as the White Western, F2070A and CT680/M916. And not 20 ton vehicles.