Console mods?

Will there be mods on console?? They're essentially the life of spintires and I would love to have some decent modded trucks on console.

@tgray43 said in Console mods?:

Will there be mods on console?? They're essentially the life of spintires and I would love to have some decent modded trucks on console.

Probably not

Hi there,

At this time, we don't plan on supporting console modding at the time of release.

U guys should do the console mods it will produce more money in the long run... If there's mods it keeps the game fresh and new all the time and it wouldn't be that hard to put mods in... Just do the same lay out as Skyrim,farm sim 17 and fallout 4... Just have a modding community on the PC that has an app that can inject the mods in the game...

Im all in for paying for mods on the console. There is a market for this!

I think a large portion of the console mods problem is that its not really up to the developer as most DLC/mod type stuff I believe has to go through an approval process with sony/microsoft prior to being available throughout their console networks. This would mean each vehicle/map would have to be inspected by an employee of the console manufacturer to be sure it suits their standards/PEGI ratings etc. Which I cant see being efficient going directly from the mod builder to the console mfr. There would need to be some indirect actions taken by the game developer to submit them into the approval process.

I think the only solution would be if the game developers did something like on a monthly basis take the top 3-5 highest rated/downloaded mod trucks and approved/submitted them to the console mfr's as DLC. Or perhaps even reach out to the community and offer some sort of voting system for submitted vehicles to be considered for DLC content.

Not the worst idea ever, but then there are still some other problems that could be involved. I seriously hope that eventually consoles get mods, because that's really what makes Spintires worth the money

If you dont plan on releasing mods for console. Dont put it out on console then because console gets f'ed all the time. I love spintires but would rather play on console.

I was literally about to pre order the game but on herring that there isn't any mod support I'm going to give it a pass £30 + for a game that will last 7 day nope

I keep seeing this come up. First, the official word is no mods for console AT TIME OF RELEASE. Important key words, I believe. Second, several people state that without mods, this game will die on console. Farming simulator 15, which had no console mod support, was wildly popular. Now, farming simulator 17, which Focus published, has mod support for consoles. Not completely open like pc due to rules pertaining to user made scripts and licensing issues, but very well supported nonetheless.

I am looking very forward to this game, even if mods don't make it to console, though I'm quite sure they will eventually; and guarantee I'll have many hours into it.

They definitely need to add mods to console at some point in time and I understand you have to buy the game to help provide funds for the things we want and although I think the game will survive without mods I think they will be missing out on a huge market if they dont. I believe if they have any common sense they will find away to figure something out for mods on console but I'm not confident that it will definitely come to us in this one we may not see mods on Xbox an Playstation until the next game but only time will tell but if enough people ask for it then we should get mods eventually.

@kpbruka said in Console mods?:

I think a large portion of the console mods problem is that its not really up to the developer as most DLC/mod type stuff I believe has to go through an approval process with sony/microsoft prior to being available throughout their console networks. This would mean each vehicle/map would have to be inspected by an employee of the console manufacturer to be sure it suits their standards/PEGI ratings etc. Which I cant see being efficient going directly from the mod builder to the console mfr. There would need to be some indirect actions taken by the game developer to submit them into the approval process.

I think the only solution would be if the game developers did something like on a monthly basis take the top 3-5 highest rated/downloaded mod trucks and approved/submitted them to the console mfr's as DLC. Or perhaps even reach out to the community and offer some sort of voting system for submitted vehicles to be considered for DLC content.
I think this is the best way to do it. They already said they would be doing dlc for this game. See no reason not to have highly requested/sought after mods on pc to be released on console. They could do Like 5 added vehicles every month. Maybe even do it like forza car packs at a good price. 5-10 bucks for a 5 vehicle pack or $2 each a la carte. Porting stuff from pc to console is relatively easy too.

@mudrunnerr50 said in Console mods?:

@kpbruka said in Console mods?:

I think this is the best way to do it. They already said they would be doing dlc for this game. See no reason not to have highly requested/sought after mods on pc to be released on console. They could do Like 5 added vehicles every month. Maybe even do it like forza car packs at a good price. 5-10 bucks for a 5 vehicle pack or $2 each a la carte. Porting stuff from pc to console is relatively easy too.

asking for people to pay for mods that otherwise are free (PC) and those creators will most likely not see any of this money made from their mods being put into a paid DLC sounds like a bad idea imo. mod creators spend their time and effort into making these mods, but then to have the company sell them for a profit? i do not see many mod creators sticking around long for this and we the community of players will be the ones to lose out in the end. i am sure there are creators out there that will be happy with just the thought of their mod being added to the game in a DLC, but the majority of creators i know build things for themselves and happen to share these creations with the public once they get bored with them or have moved onto another project. i know they would have no problem not releasing anything to the public if someone was to take advantage of their time and effort like this with paid DLC's of user created content. not sayin all mod creators are like this, but many are.

Yeah i'm not to sure that the community/mod makers would be happy if they turned around and made modded truck/maps as a paid DLC. My initial idea was based around a free DLC as a way of introducing mods to consoles as an alternitive to setting up a full mod system like seen with other games that require a fair bit of setup and organization via the game developers. Even if the free DLC is used as a temporary solution for say 6months until they could implement a full working system that would add some releif to those who are upset about there not being mods ATM.

Has there been any change of mind or do they still plan on not adding? 🙂

@mudbath show me one place where they actually said they wasnt planning on adding mods to console. Better take some time off from work because you'll be looking forever. Dumbass.

@mudrunnerr50 This forum is absolutely toxic so many mean people. If you like taking to kids like that your a very stupid person. The development team SAID thats who! they Said they were not planning to add mods on game launch so there is a possibility they will add them at somepoint and i was asking if that is still the case! you should not speak to people like that.

@mudrunnerr50 THAT IS MY 12 YEAR OLD SON YOU ARE SPEAKING TO. DO NOT REPEAT YOURSELF OR YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF IN TROUBLE. HE JUST ASKED A QUESTION!!!!

@mudbath lmao!!! Priceless! You both need to learn how to read.

@mudrunnerr50

Hi there!

Could you please ensure that you follow the rules and speak respectfully to other members of the forums.
If somebody insults you, could you please let one of the moderation team know, instead of escalating it yourself?

Thanks.