Small edit: Maybe I should mention, I am talking PC here. Most of you also might only be caring about the part labeled as important.

I haven't found anything similar about this here except for one post regarding consoles (https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/57496/mods-on-ps4-ps5-issue/2 2nd post), so here I go (link me if I was too stupid or anything, I'll remove this and go there in case someone stated this before).

So yesterday my game updated and since I get a notification that 19 of the 20 (used to be 36 until half an hour ago, tried unsubscribing to some) mods I subscribed to are missing, even though they appear in the mod browser (which for some reason isn't even selectable, unless I go to "Load Game" before, is this intentional?).
Having had a glimpse at the aforementioned post, I am aware of the reasoning behind this limit, though I run this on a system with 16 gb on Win7 (don't get me started on this though) and never had crash issues with the used to 36 mods, some of which are more than a gb per mod, even when I set up and outpost consisting of somewhere around 5-7 mod trucks with even more fuel and maintenance trailers on Imandra's airfield standing around there.

My main question is, can we have an option to turn this limit off, maybe warn users about the increased chances for crashing if they do so to reduce the "gaem crashed pls fix" type of posts, which this limit eliminates? Because in my case, this limit is nothing but uselessly and heavily bottlenecking the experience. Maybe alternatively allow editing this limit for users who know what they are doing? Or is that even possible and I haven't yet figured out, how?

As I said before, I had no issues with 36 mods and now I am limited to using one single one knowing about no way to change that, which likely means, knowing myself, I end up abandoning this game at some point, considering the Epic Launcher is already messing with me, the controls are wonky on my end in places, russia barely gets any love (not everything has to be american. Seriously.), and now a feature I deeply endorsed gets unusable.
Another important edit after some research: I can't even enable a 0.3mb sized mod, so I guess something broke entirely here. Reinstalling currently. Will report back when I verified this.
Did verify, that now after reinstalling and updating to 12.4 cannot enable any mods at all. I disabled them all before reinstalling. I do not get that memory limit notification anymore though. Other than that, still not working. Considering what happened in the forums by now, I guess it's verified to be broken now. Devs, what additional info on this would help getting this fixed?

Small off topic: Are you still working on the controls? I could throw out a full length novel equivalent of things I have on my mind regarding those.

last edited by Ärger