PTS Update 22/01/2021 (12.4)

@enovikova

MODS have stopped working. You cannot activate any of your mods even if you start the game and use the main menu screen to go back. As a tester of mods, I cannot play the game to test anything. I hope you guys address this today.

brick2.JPG brickmap.JPG BRICKS.JPG
These bricks are "stuck"
Restarted the "gone with the wind" mission (after trying 3 trucks 1 full crane)
still stuck, unable to complete mission

Hello @BCRCGAMING, the PTS is not an update but a test environment, meaning its goal is to test things (which may make you encounter issues) and not ultimately be stable. If you want to report bugs, that's very welcome, we're happy to get more details in a separate bug report thread.

It seems they prefer to receive emails with bug reports instead of reading them here. Send your bug reports to snowrunner@saber3d.com.

Yes, we realize it is a test server, and that there will be issues. But if it is unusable, then we can't test it, and we can't provide you with information about the bugs we encounter. Then you can't fix the bugs.

@steve-eh that's supposed to be coming with dlc 3.

Before I write an email about something that has been stated somewhere where I didn't look, am I supposed to not have Wisconsin in 12.4 (no, I didn't accidentially launch 11.2, I checked that) anymore? If that's normal, the rest will be irrelevant, if it isn't some additional info here, but will also mail that.

Started the game yesterday at around 5pm UTC+1 for the first time since sunday, when mods weren't working, to find that fixed, so yay on that one. Noticed Wisconsin missing from my global map.
Figured it might have been removed due to what ever reason, started at the same time today, also saw posts about that region here that are definitely newer than when I experienced this, got curious, and removed my save and the backups to check wether this caused issues or not to no success, deactivated all mods, tried again, no success, figured I'd ask here.
KSIVA is changing at every launch, but current one (mods reenabled and savegame back in place) is p:83527, running Win7 with Rescue and Recover DLC.
I do have coloured addons though, so it's definitely giving me the correct version.
I broke everything, yes? :v

Edit: Wait, is that a coming DLC I am only supposed to see with seasons pass or premium? Because I never had those in the first place. Making them showing up at first the weird stuff.

last edited by Ärger

@Ärger I've reverted back to the standard PC game until they sort out Wisconsin. I tried Wisconsin last night on the PTS, and there are no mods available. As all of my money was invested in mods, I now have no trucks and no money in Wisconsin. (I'd completed all of the contracts in Wisconsin save the logging jobs.) So I'm avoiding 12.4 as it is useless to me without funds or trucks, and waiting for 12.5 to be released.

I'm level 30 on the PTS, PC and console games, so I have a bit of experience with the game 🙂

Did they remove the hardcore mode from the PTS? I saw videos about the new mode but I do not see it on here.

@Branathon

Well i also wanted to test "hardocre". Turns out you have to do some stuff manualy. I saw video on YouTube how to do it.

@N420DV I did the same for the same reason on friday, but kept checking daily for potential hotfixes. Found mods to work again on monday evening. I'm not new to the game either (on 11.2 all main jobs done and about 2/3 of the side tasks in all regions, including Kola, did not purchase Yukon). I'm just not very active on social media. This forum is the only forum I actively visit and use. I normally do check for posts stating similar experiences, but I didn't very thoroughly this time, tbh. Found nothing in the process anyway.

Did you check PTS since monday? If so, do I get that right, that you still have access to Wisconsin, but not to mods? Because I am making different experiences then .
Purchased the game shortly after Yukon was released officially, so I don't know wether DLCs are tested publicly on PTS, or only among premium/seasons pass users.

So independent to mods working or not, was Wisconsin supposed to be accessible on non-premium, non-seasons pass 12.4, about 12 hours ago?

@Branathon said in PTS Update 22/01/2021 (12.4):

Did they remove the hardcore mode from the PTS? I saw videos about the new mode but I do not see it on here.

Hardcore mode is an upcoming feature that haven't been implemented yet on any version of the game either stable or PTS.

@Ärger said in PTS Update 22/01/2021 (12.4):

was Wisconsin supposed to be accessible on non-premium, non-seasons pass 12.4, about 12 hours ago?

Once you've access to the PTS, there are no more conditions.

Today, Wednesday 27th, I can start PTS, enter, enter & my last played game starts, all truck mods are where I left them, all maps, all regions. I have not checked the mod trailers ~ but I have had a mod truck disappear, while I was searching another map for a route, just going back and my mod was gone ~ however, closing the game and rebooting it, my mod was back.

Incidentally, all my mod truck were put in storage with the hotfix sometime Sunday night or Monday morning.

@gbeeTen said in PTS Update 22/01/2021 (12.4):

Once you've access to the PTS, there are no more conditions.

Guess I'll write an email then. Thanks for the input.

@Ärger
I ended up doing a reinstall as well.
I went thru and deleted everything snowrunner, app data, saves, temp files.. they hide stuff all over the place.
I Did Not turn on the auto-update or the cloud-save.
It has been glitch free fingers crossed). I did have to log on to mod.io 3/4 times before it let me log in 'error 404', and it took forever to get my mods in the browser, (the initial loading of the mods).

@rufus I did a reinstall when mods first broke on friday, so mine can't be too messed up after five days, but I will try that later on, you never know until you verified. Thanks for the idea. I did not have any issues with mod.io at all though, even the download speed seems to be normal for a loaded website with my bandwidth.

@Ärger I lost Wisconsin also...Snowrunners team is investigating the case...I deleted everything and reinstalled PTS but nothing changed. I have my old save and at the start it shows at the 4 loading slots, when I load it, it sends me to Michigan...

so I am just waiting from Saber to do their magic...

@loladas1979 That's good to know. I hope they're done before I finish the last 23% on the current maps. I tend to binge on weekends and that's with today only two more evenings :v

@steve-eh said in PTS Update 22/01/2021 (12.4):

These bricks are "stuck"

Have just sent an email myself reporting this too., 🙂

I wonder if they will fix the console mods freeze issue in phase 3