MSI Z390 Pro Carbon
2x32gb ddr4 3600 cl 18
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
AMD RX 6900XT
LG 1440p 144hz monitor.

Windows 10 Pro:
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Radeon Drivers:

I'm seeing very odd ground textures that are black, in every map. They constantly move as my point of view/camera moves. Friend of mine also has a 6900xt with the same issue. I've tried DDU to wipe AMD drivers and do a clean install, didn't help anything I could notice. Screenshot 2021-02-05 213932.jpg

It probably would have been better to bump any one of dozens of other threads on this, here's just three of the most recent: 1, 2, 3.. This has been an issue issue since Vega, manifests on RDNA 2 GPUs as well (and is even worse there), can not be mitigated by any in-game, or driver setting. NWI is either oblivious, unconcerned, or doesn't know how to reconcile the issue -- as it's been documented here and on the Steam forums for -- over two years... The issue manifests much like texture z fighting but only on terrain, is not just distractingly hideous but can actually make the game unplayable as very large areas can get blacked out. This seems really like a real dumb area level design as this is the only Unreal Engine game where this problem manifests -- it never happens in Ground Branch, Squad, Red Orchestra, World War 3 which also do LSS terrain, or any other Unreal Engine game...

last edited by Hoak