PTS Ver 12.8 missing dlls

Guys, why its so hard to understand? PTS WAS CLOSED!!! They went live with the game!!! Why you still want to play PTS? PTS is not for progression... and 12.8 was the pts version... this doesn't means that there will be a 12.8 live version. The pts will be available again close to Phase 4 release probably under 13.0 name.
Now YOU CAN PLAY ONLY THE LIVE VERSION OF THE GAME. So forget the pts and enjoy the live version of the game.

last edited by Nona
This post is deleted!

@rufus

Since the release of the game last year, the PTS always close imediately after the official version goes live . So enjoy the live version till the next PTS for phase 4. Cheers!

last edited by Nona

@rufus https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/58011/pts-ver-12-8-missing-dlls/2

Second post is from a developer on the discus forum where they have more advanced information.

@Nona said in PTS Ver 12.8 missing dlls:

PTS always close imediately

OH! No! it did not, OK< for me this is the first time the server was closed, It might have been announced but it never closed for me at least, more usually the day after world release the next version of patch would go live on the PTS ~ this is the first time that this has not happened.

This post is deleted!

How many times does this need to be said? There is no PTS. It has been shutdown.

Does the PTS being down also affect the map editor? I was in the middle of working on a map...and now the editor won't open along with PTS not launching.

I also received messages that I am missing "D3DCOMPILER-46.dll" and also"API-MS-WIN-DOWNLEVEL-KERNEL32-L1-1-0.DLL".
Yesterday, the game failed to launch at all from the "epic launcher".
I repeatedly tried to uninstall and reinstall it. But without effect. I tried it on 2 computers, but it never started. I don't know what to do more.
I don't know what to do more. I expect that this so far excellent game will be fixed soon. I have been playing it daily since May 2020.

This post is deleted!

I doubt epic employees know how SR team works internally...

@rufus

I also received messages that I am missing "D3DCOMPILER-46.dll" and also"API-MS-WIN-DOWNLEVEL-KERNEL32-L1-1-0.DLL". Yesterday, the game failed to launch at all from the "epic launcher". I repeatedly tried to uninstall and reinstall it. But without effect. I tried it on 2 computers, but it never started.

Today, it is no longer possible to take a screenshot to show. When I try to start the game for 5 seconds, my black screen flashes and then switches to the main page of Epic games.

Guys, PTS was turned off, developers said it themselves. Please, stop asking everyone why it's not working.

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

@rufus This is literally the first reply of this thread. @Nextej redirected this from official discord channel. Esorokin is one of the developers.

df50edee-10bc-4a2e-9060-315fa26623bf-image.png

last edited by DzenST

This guys are hilarious. Everyone told them PTS is closed and no longer available... no... the want to play PTS. Don't you understand the official version of the game is live ? Why the hell you still want to play the damn PTS ? Play the live version which is the only version at the moment for Christs sake...

last edited by Nona

@Nona Because we've reached Level 30 on the PTS. Because we have active games we were pursuing on the PTS. Because we don't want to have to start over with the missions and tasks we were in the middle of on the PTS.

A week's advance notice would have been nice, but to have the PTS auto-update itself with a dummy file that doesn't do or tell us anything was kind of a douche move.

We were seeking information from Sabre, and not a lecture from you.

@N420DV

The devs clearly said PTS is not for progression but for tests.
If you played PTS as main game and now you upset they close it... well... you deserve to start over...

Cheers!

last edited by Nona

@Nona said in PTS Ver 12.8 missing dlls:

well... you deserve to start over...

Disagree, deserve implies some sort of punishment, starting over in this game is certainly punishment, I did it TWICE, trying to get my own PTS Ver 12 to work ~ got side tracked in following the game, yes, I know it was stupid of me, it is on a test server that can be destroyed at any time, but, "God Mode" is not available on the PTS maps, so a start over has to get to a minimum of level 20 to be actually able to TEST.

The Whole PTS does need a rethink. It's sanctimonious to suggest anyone "deserves" a punishment.

last edited by gbeeTen