GzO DIRT MOD

Sooo...the dust thing is kinda cool. I think it needs toned down just a tad though. Pretty easy to stir up a cloud so big and thick you can't see a damn thing. But I'm sure if I did a little comparative analysis I could figure out how to adjust that myself.

Anywho...one more thing. I noticed this a while back when I was attempting to convert my ST mud mods to MR. You can't really do anything to the <Mud><Substance> lines without causing things to get a little, more or less, weird. I never noticed it with ST(but that was a long time ago, and I might not have looked hard enough).

What am I getting at? What I call the "Runaway UAZ Problem". I'm not sure what all vehicles it affects. But for sure the UAZ. Not sure if it's because it so light. Or something to do with the wheels. Or both. Or...I don't really know what. But it appears that the <Mud><Substance> values are tuned PRECISELY to eliminate it. It doesn't take hardly any fiddling around with those values to set it off. Particularly, but not necessarily, things that would make the mud "easier". And your mod sets it off nicely.

What exactly is the problem? A UAZ that gets sucked along through the mud/dirt without any throttle being applied. Kinda hard to explain in so many words. So I made a vid to show it.

What you need to know before watching is that at no point after the 0:16 mark did I touch the throttle at all. Oh...and this is with your mod minus the textures and dust.
Youtube Video

If you're interested in fixing it. I did a little messing around and seemed to be able to make it a little better just by lowering the SubstanceFriction(from the value you set it at). It didn't seem to alter your mod in a way that made it much(if any) less effective either. But I didn't really test it out very much. So YMMV. Just shooting some ideas at you.

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy

I am about 90% sure this is caused by the mud deformation and its desire to return to a flattened smooth state after being depressed.

The settings in this mod have almost no push resistance, which means that the substance can easily change shape, however its linear resistance is almost non existent, so it takes very little power to slide the vehicle out of the way of the mud.

The mud behind the wheel is forming back into a flat surface, pushing the wheel out of the way and the truck forward. Increase linear resistance until it stops

I've addressed this while playing with it last night. Templar is right, I've since adjusted the values to fix this!

last edited by DrGoNzO1489

@mudhappy here you go bud, try this. Reduced the amount of generated dust, and totally redid the media values testing on the proving grounds map in tree swamp which I didn't do before....so I've fixed the pulling action. As templar said the lack of push resistance and Lin resistance caused it. Now with the testing I've done in deep mud it feels like dirt works well idk why i didn't test there.... durp.... increased the depth you can dig aswell.

@MudHappy when you get a chance, can you confirm this is a fix.

GZO DIRT MOD V1.1.2b Download

GzO DIRT MOD v 1.1.3b

Made a few adjustments to particle physics dust amounts and the overall feel and friction of the dirt to try and remove as much of that runway uaz effect as possible. I did want to note however that this mod is generally inteded for maps that dont have a whole lot of mud to begin with as the terrain deforms quite easily. so for map makers if your making a track or the like try and just run it with no mud layer and see how it ruts up cause bottom line this isnt really to go with stock gameplay this mod is intended for the high powered race vehicles that get bogged in the mud because they spin sooo much tire << pun intended. Ha! anyways comments, ideas, issues all welcomed here. post away below!

GzO DIRTMOD v 1.1.3b Download

@drgonzo1489 I've been real sick the last couple days. So I just now got around to testing your fix. It seems to be MUCH better. I can still make it happen a tiny bit if I try. But it takes some effort. And the distance I can make it go is MUCH shorter(if it will even go anywhere). The majority of the time I can't make it happen at all.

I'd call it a job well done myself. I'm not even sure how much of a "problem" it was to begin with. I just wanted to point it out to you to see what you thought of it.

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy I didn't like it lol thanks for pointing it out bud!

Here's a video showcasing dirtmod in action!

Youtube Video

@drgonzo1489, That looks cool Gonzo but what are the numbers for? Some kind of timer? I've never seen that before. Is it something you made?

Also, I noticed the rear coil-overs are wigging out when at full speed. I'm wondering if you seen my Tutorial on how to do them with 2 axis' on one end? It is done how Bregel was doing his mods in ST with the setup that V12 came up with. The axles have cdt's attached to them and the axles are solid. The ends of the shocks don't move at all now and is way better than before.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo that is a timer bud little something that's being worked on behind the scenes. Gonna be released as part of a motorsports build of mudrunner, "Mudrunner:Motorsports" changing anything i can to add fresh gameplay to the game stay tuned!

@drgonzo1489, Oh cool. Thanks. I'm curious to see how that works for ya.

@tattoo said in GzO DIRT MOD:

@drgonzo1489, That looks cool Gonzo but what are the numbers for? Some kind of timer? I've never seen that before. Is it something you made?

Also, I noticed the rear coil-overs are wigging out when at full speed. I'm wondering if you seen my Tutorial on how to do them with 2 axis' on one end? It is done how Bregel was doing his mods in ST with the setup that V12 came up with. The axles have cdt's attached to them and the axles are solid. The ends of the shocks don't move at all now and is way better than before.

@DrGoNzO1489
Did you ever manage to get solid/collision axles working on the JK crawler?

@tattoo so two bones per connection? And your saying the axles have collision?! I need this in my life!

@mexican_420 no I have not and am going to have to revisitrigs now....

@drgonzo1489 said in GzO DIRT MOD:

@tattoo so two bones per connection? And your saying the axles have collision?! I need this in my life!

Actually there's 3 bones in the IK chain now. 2 on one end and one on the other and yes, the axles have collision now. It works well and I posted a link to my working file for anyone to see how it's done. Let me know if ya need any help with it. I'll be back later if ya do.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo so the double up of bones is chassis side or axle side connection??

@DrGoNzO1489
Chassis side. Did you even watch the video, bruh? lol j/k 🙂

@mexican_420 I been at work so no just now started and I get it makes sense now!

@drgonzo1489, I just got home so if ya need any help, I'll check back from time to time.

@tattoo I'm watching your video this is making total sense! Thanks a million! And of I have any questions I'll be sure to ask, all goes to plan bouncer will have some legit suspension and collision axles very soon! :the_horns: