Mods being stolen

@forces said in Mods being stolen:

clean your mesh cacher and texture cache

I found an even easier way to do this. Just place all the models/.x/.xml in to the editor folders and open a map in the editor. Then load any model and they all get converted. Then you just take them out of the editor cache folders.

When you load the map in game, you have to run the whole map for all the models to load/convert depending on where they're placed in the map. I found it easier to do it thru the editor.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo said in Mods being stolen:

When you load the map in game, you have to run the whole map for all the models to load/convert depending on where they're placed in the map. I found it easier to do it thru the editor.

not really you just need to load it once and close it intantly the game loads all the chunks of the map models included, but yea the editor way is faster, i dont use my editor for maps since it crashes allot

This second method, does it work with custom model/texture files? How would someone who does not have the map or model/texture files load the map, you still need to include the _m and _t folders?

@forces said in Mods being stolen:

not really you just need to load it once and close it intantly the game loads all the chunks of the map models included, but yea the editor way is faster, i dont use my editor for maps since it crashes allot

That didn't work for Blackwater Canyon map, tho. I'm thinking I have to be closer to the model to load it into the cache folder because they didn't all convert. Unless, of course, the one's that didn't convert are not actually in the map. I'm not sure as I didn't drive the entire map. I did long time ago when it first came out for ST, tho. I'll have to try this out on a map I that I know what's in it. I'll put something on the other side of the map and see if it converts right off. Thanks Forces.

@joemama said in Mods being stolen:

This second method, does it work with custom model/texture files?

Yes. Just create a blank map to load one and get them to convert. You don't need a certain map to do it. It's what I do.

last edited by Tattoo