Blender and STMR

@forces said in Blender and STMR:

@justafordguy glad you fix it and thats a nice looking Bronco

p.d. you should change the tires tho, make yours

Yeah that's why I haven't published it, my tires suck right now but I'm workin on em.😁

@justafordguy, It looks good man. I'm glad ya got it figured out. The springs look flat, tho. did you scale them up and is why? Still looks good tho. good job.

@tattoo said in Blender and STMR:

@justafordguy, It looks good man. I'm glad ya got it figured out. The springs look flat, tho. did you scale them up and is why? Still looks good tho. good job.

Thanks Tattoo, I would never have figured this stuff out without all the help from you guys.

Yep, when I scaled the springs they flattened out. I made some longer ones that look good but I can't get them weighted correctly. Still working on em through.

@justafordguy, I thought so. You should never scale springs. Instead, change the settings on them in the modify panel when needing to make them bigger.

Are you using the Weight Tool to weight them?

@justafordguy Just Add me on steam and i'll give you 1 set of my tires for your mods (not the actual Model But the .Blend of them) that way you can work them

Oops, I didn't even think about that. Is justafordguy using Blender? You can't use the weight tool in Blender. Sorry man. My bad.

Thanks, @Forces, I'll try to add you in Steam.

@Tattoo, Yeah I'm using Blender and the weight tool doesn't seem to work right.

@justafordguy Just Add me on steam

What is your Steam name? I searched for Forces and got 142,000 matches.

Never mind, I forgot I was following you on Steam. I found your name and clicked to add friend.

last edited by JustaFordGuy

@justafordguy use the number paster and change the , for a . on the weight values

For some reason I can't import the files form spintires mudrunner media folder because the file are xml, and blender dont use xml.
What can i do to open file from media folder.

@dragonb1988 you need the .X files because these are the mesh files, but I don't know what you want to do with it and I don't know how to import .X files to blender.

@wrangmog
Ok. I want open blender and just import a truck (D-535 that are complete and working) from spintires mudrunner media folder, and then try out thing's and tweak's on that truck.

And learn more how blender work's. Maybe be able to make a truck mod from start to finish.

But it seems to very hard to find a way or a tutorial that show exactly how to import spintires mudrunner file's to blender.
I have tried to convert from .xml at the STMR Classes/Truck folder to for example .x .dda..... file and so on. Both the truck/mesh/sound and every file to D-535.
But every time is there no luck.

It's just that this issue is starting to strike a nerve thats all.

@dragonb1988 yeah... thats not possible and never was, blender can Export .X files not import, Read the topic from the start and you'll learn all you need to know to get that first mode out

@justafordguy Just Add me on steam and i'll give you 1 set of my tires for your mods (not the actual Model But the .Blend of them) that way you can work them

Hey Forces, I was finally successful at making a set of my own tires/wheels for one of my trucks. They aren't perfect but not bad.

Here is my 05 F250 (like one of my actual trucks) with my tires/wheels. What do you guys think?

0_1528930264600_20180613184156_1.jpg

@forces
Okey. I have parsley understood how use Blender. But still i havet figure out how to open a standard truck on blender and work with that, instead of create a truck from scratch.
I think that is easier to learn from a already completed truck with wheels,frame and mesh that's are already in place.
But for all i know mabey that's is no way to do it that way.

Hey Guys, I have a dumb question. Is there any trick to adjusting the suspension (height/position) in Blender after you get everything working without having to undo all of the bone/empty/object relationships? The suspension parts will follow the empty if you move it but as soon as I apply pose as rest pose everything goes back to the old position except the empty.

@JustaFordGuy thats not a dumb question
move your empty and apply armature, then apply pose as rest pose and add the armature modifier again

@dragonb1988 "But still i havet figure out how to open a standard truck on blender and work with that" - You can't

"instead of create a truck from scratch" - Use a 3d warehouse to TF3D free 3d model that may come already textured

"I think that is easier to learn from a already completed truck with wheels,frame and mesh that's are already in place." - you add wheels in the game not in the 3D model in blender, and trust me its better to learn from 0 than taking model from other sites because you learn how to model

"But for all i know mabey that's is no way to do it that way." Load a truck from ST to blender? you're right but everything else is really easy to learn

@JustaFordGuy thats not a dumb question
move your empty and apply armature, then apply pose as rest pose and add the armature modifier again

Hey Forces, What do you mean by "move your empty and apply armature"

last edited by JustaFordGuy

apply the armature modifier in the modifier section of each mesh that is going to be moved/fixed

apply the armature modifier in the modifier section of each mesh that is going to be moved/fixed

Yeah I do that and the suspension works fine but I need to make the suspension height lower. When I move the empty the suspension parts follow it but as soon as I apply pose as rest pose the parts move back and the empty stays. I'm sure I'm not explaining this very well, sorry.

What do I need to do after I move the empty/parts but before I apply pose as rest pose?