Blender and STMR

on the top bone change the rotation axis from Y or Z to be on the x Axis (not of the bone but the X axis of the truck) if you have the same setup in the rear 1 coil and 2 dampers on each side, yeah it the best option one bone for each damper and the one that has the coil should be the same for both the coil and damper

IK bones tend to lag and move that way with the normal spintires suspension, colision axles can fix it but its a pain to set it up

@forces said in Blender and STMR:

on the top bone change the rotation axis from Y or Z to be on the x Axis (not of the bone but the X axis of the truck)

I'm not following you on this. I need to change the rotation of the whole truck? How do I change the the rotation?

OK, I figured it out. I matched the top bone/empty's rotation to the rotation of the rest of the truck. The shocks and coilovers are working great now. Thanks so much for the guidance.

1_1534011619111_20180811135638_1.jpg 0_1534011619111_20180811135530_1.jpg

Hey Guys,
I have a silly question, what's the trick to getting the new driver with the flannel shirt and ball cap for my mods? 🙂

@justafordguy said in Blender and STMR:

Hey Guys,
I have a silly question, what's the trick to getting the new driver with the flannel shirt and ball cap for my mods? 🙂

add a vehicle from the AW DLC and it'll switch the driver

I wondered why he seemed to just randomly appear. 😄

yeah idk why it couldn't be a fixed variable, just a simple line in the XML, something like DriverModel="1" or "2"

@JustaFordGuy
@hydrowasul
You just need to change the name of the usa driver.
On the MeshCache.zip you have the two drivers:

env_driver_default
env_driver_usa

Extract the "env_driver_usa" and change it to "env_driver_default"
After that, inject the new DRIVER "env_driver_default" on the MeshCashe.zip, replacing the existing "env_driver_default"
After you do this, the USA DRIVER gets DEFAULT for all the trucks / mods 😉

Hope this helps,.....

That's what I was hoping for but at least you figured out the trick.

@rcbuzz said in Blender and STMR:

@JustaFordGuy
@hydrowasul
You just need to change the name of the usa driver.
On the MeshCache.zip you have the two drivers:

env_driver_default
env_driver_usa

Extract the "env_driver_usa" and change it to "env_driver_default"
After that, inject the new DRIVER "env_driver_default" on the MeshCashe.zip, replacing the existing "env_driver_default"
After you do this, the USA DRIVER gets DEFAULT for all the trucks / mods 😉

Hope this helps,.....

That's awesome and sounds super easy to do. I'll try it tonight. Thanks.

@RCBuzz
That worked like a champ. Now my driver actually looks like me.:smiling_face_with_open_mouth_smiling_eyes:

Whats up guys? I was watching the first tut video (pg. 3) and was following along until 7:04 where Forces click the lightwave Object.lwo link, My blender doesn't have that option sooo what do I do? thanks in advance.

@08_JK_ ctrl+u go to addons then Import Export and seach for lightwave

My selections for import stop at scalable vector graphics. I do not have an option for light wave. I believe I have Blender 2.79b Is that the problem? I also I have the addon import/export stx exporter checked. like at 1:00 in the video.

@08_JK_ no, see if you see in the same page the extension code for lwo, maybe in 2.79b they hided the name LightWave (i make mods on 2.76 and render my model in 2.79 (because of the shadow catcher lol))

@Forces I got it thanks. The light wave option wasn't checked

Hello all who like Blender 3D.
Forces, DrGoNzO1489, Tattoo I'm glad to see you.
I see you progress. Wish succes.
Sorry for my ingleash.

@dzen _Dzen Man Long time no see, Thanks i owe all to you and the tool you've made for all of us

New Tutorial For you guys starting in mod making world
Youtube Video

@ Forces,
Thanks for the new tutorial, I can't wait to watch it.

I'm still working on the 70 F100 I got from you. I'm having a heck of a time getting it to work. I have stripped it down to the basics and still getting a bunch of errors in the editor. I keep getting "bad normal" and camera errors in the editor and if I open it in the game I only see tires and then the whole thing explodes. Craziest thing I've ever seen. LOL