ZiKZ 605-R suspension feedback - 13.2 ( No changes in 13.9 - Issues #5, #6, #7 and #8 still present)

1. (fixed in 13.5) MAZ had double wishbone suspension. Lower wishbone is longer than the upper one, therefore wheel camber should change as suspension compresses and extends.

IMG_5625.jpg
w02002_2626446.jpg
w02002_8628241[1].jpg

183-Tech-Suspension-007-CamberDiagram[1].jpg

Different-types-of-camber-angle-resulted-from-wheel-oscillations.png '

Sadly on ZiKZ currently camber stays the same at all times:
SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.08 - 17.13.15.jpg

Mudrunner had that done right:
Spintires  MudRunner Screenshot 2021.04.08 - 17.33.04.29_cr.jpg

You got it right on DAN, so I don't know what went wrong with ZiKZ:
SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.08 - 12.49.04.26_cr.jpg

2. (fixed in 13.5/13.6, I guess?)Track width (mesured from the wheel center) should change during suspension travel. Farther the suspension goes from its neutral position the narrower track width gets:
Suspension.png

3. (fixed in 13.6) Wishbone arms get stretched and thin during suspension travel as can be seen in this clip:
Youtube Video

This is mostly related to problems listed above (#1 and #2). Wishbone arms are not supposed to stretch and change length.

4. (fixed in 13.5) Rear suspension is slightly lower than the front:
SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.08 - 17.58.38cr.jpg (one red line is lined up with top of the frame and second red line is lined up with tyre contact point. Both green and blue lines are same lenght.)

5. In Mudrunner you could see driveshafts spinning:
Youtube Video

6. I had a suspicion that the wheels are slightly too small. I did some research and found the real MAZ tyre size to be 500-610/18.00-24/ which equates to a tyre diameter of 1600mm. That's 62.99 inches while ZiKZ has wheel diameter of 61 inches in the game.
b35132ref03[1].jpg
(source: https://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/miniarm/ma_b35132.html)

To make sure I took a screenshot of ZiKZ at FOV set to 2 and compared it to the MAZ 537 blueprint:

alt text
alt text

As you can see, the wheels are indeed too small. That comparison also shows - as I wrote earlier (#4) - that the rear suspension is lower than the front (rear too low, front too high).

7. Steering rods collide with the frame. There are holes in the frame where they are supposed to go, but they completely miss those:
Youtube Video

(Thanks to Jotaro from Discord for pointing that out)

8. Driveshafts don't spin at low speeds:
Youtube Video

Working properly in Mudrunner:
Youtube Video

9. (Fixed in 13.6) Rear axles on the diff-side are connected in the wrong place and collide with the frame when suspension moves:
https://streamable.com/x21pq7
After closer inspection it seems that left axle is connected to the diff on the right side and right one to the left side...
SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 22.52.37.jpg
SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 22.50.59.jpg
(Thanks to Jotaro from Discord for pointing that out)

EDIT: Forgot to add #5
EDIT2: Added #6
EDIT3: Added #7 and #8

EDIT4: Added #9

last edited by Amynue

Added #6 about wheels being too small.

@Amynue Great work! Hopefully the devs appreciate it and solve the issues.

Before version 13.1, the backwheel suspension had some flex, now it is zero though...

Sadly I did not save the first version of the ZiKZ 605-R. Does anyone have that xml-file still available? Or did not play Phase 4 on PTS since 8.4. but shortly before that? I am looking for the first version of zikz_605r.xml from initial.pak[media]_dlc\dlc_4\classes\trucks

last edited by bellerophon

@Amynue I guess there is no chance you also saved the mesh-file of that truck?

@blackjack01
this beauty will come later, will see how its unique tatra suspension will be implemented ingame

but maz and tatra dont have any similarities in suspension, so wrong topic

last edited by Stazco

I think the comparison #6 with the real one is meaningless, since this is not a branded truck.
btw front bumper from 543/543m family. And first picture i'm not sure, that it from 537, maybe 543 or newer mazes.
For example
and blueprint
mazfrontsusp.jpg
Imho, i think the balance bar stroke is very large..
P.S. I also wanted to add, so that they finally remove the shaft drawn on all trucks and replace them with moving shafts...

last edited by yansors

@Amynue said in ZiKZ 605-R suspension feedback - 13.2 (updated 10.04.2021):

4. Rear suspension is slightly lower than the front:
SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.08 - 17.58.38cr.jpg (one red line is lined up with top of the frame and second red line is lined up with tyre contact point. Both green and blue lines are same lenght.)

Rear suspension should really be higher, it even gets in conflict with the sidebed:
Unbenannt483k.jpg

This is how the trailers spawn on that truck right now:
Unbenannt484k.jpg

last edited by bellerophon

And still no answer from saber/focus to this great topic. πŸ‘Ž
@Amynue put so much effort in to show the issues with the suspension.

@Jellyfoosh are you there???
@rudeborya

last edited by Eversman

The balance assembly of the rear suspension was originally a triangle, but now it is modified to an inverted triangle. The rear suspension is dragged upward by this part, causing the front of the car to tilt upward. Solves a problem, but at the same time creates a new one。

In 13.3 they significantly reduced rear suspension travel. This is good because this addressed an issue which I forgot to mention in my post. There are bump-stops on the frame which limit the movement of the upper wishbone arms. Previously rear suspension traveled farther than that causing bump-stops to penetrate the upper wishbone arms. Also wishbone arms were colliding with the frame which can be seen in the clip from point #3.
Here is comparison of 13.2 and 13.3:
maz 13.2 13.3 compare.jpg

last edited by Amynue

In 13.5 they fixed issues #1 and #4.

They lowered front suspension to match the height of the rear:
alt text

Now camber is changing depending on suspension movement:
SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 18.16.48.22_cr.jpg

They might have also fixed #2, but now that the camber varies, it's very hard to tell by eye.

Issue #3 is almost fixed since it was mostly caused by #1 and too much suspension travel. There is still some stretching but nowhere near as bad as it was in 13.2

Sadly a new issue with misplaced rear axles also appeared in 13.5

Added issue #9 to the first post

@Amynue
you are our hero!
i wish most of vehicles would been made with such expertise!!

In 13.6 they fixed issue #9 which appeared in 13.5

What's really impressive they made it so that now the entire 3D model of wishbone arms rotates. Previously one end of the arm was welded to the frame and the other end was welded to the upright. The rest of the 3D model bended as suspension moved and it kind of looked as if it rotated but it really didn't:
alt text
They also twisted which wasn't right.
I didn't even mention this in my first post since I thought there is no way they are going to make them actually rotate since even in Mudrunner they didn't.

alt text

Unfortunately this magic was only applied to the rear suspension. Wishbone arms don't rotate in the front:
alt text

I hope they will adapt that to the front suspension as well.

Overall, I'm impressed we've come this far. Now it's a pleasure to look at the rear suspension do its thing.

In terms of driveline however we are still behind Mudrunner. I checked - and not only ZiKZ - but all vehicles in the game seem to have a problem with driveshafts not spinning at very low speeds (issue #8). So fixing that would benefit all trucks with visible driveshafts. We also need this to be brought back from Mudrunner!:
alt text

Shfts like in MR, right.
BTW why they add this cargo? Ok, it has 7313, but why 537?
alt text537 is actually a tractor(or ballast tractor) like Kolobs... So make them for kolobs too...
![alt text](8683df53-c0fe-48a2-b6f4-e29be0a13a34-image.png image url)
If u wanna make addons why u ignor KET-T or crane?
alt text
alt text

last edited by yansors

@Amynue said in ZiKZ 605-R suspension feedback - 13.2 ( 13.6 - Issue #3 and #9 fixed):

Unfortunately this magic was only applied to the rear suspension. Wishbone arms don't rotate in the front:
alt text

Does i see this correct? The upper part of the shock compresses instead of the lower part gets moved in the upper part.

Nothing was changed in 13.7 as far as I can tell. Truck and Suspension files are 1:1 with 13.6.

Apparently Streamable is blocked in Russia, so I've reuploaded all videos to YouTube.