"Bare Minimum" contract - Fuel semi-trailer can't be delivered with low amount of fuel or empty <13.2>

https://streamable.com/783nd8
As you can see in the clip, when I try to deliver it with 370L/3700L of fuel - nothing happens, but when I pour some more fuel in (1295L/3700L) the contract can be completed.

I reported that exact same bug during previous PTS (12.2), but instead of fixing it you guys just added fuel to the trailer to make players less likely to run into it:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/57410/the-wrong-turn-task-maintenance-trailer-can-t-be-delivered-without-fuel-12-2-still-present-in-12-4

Please fix this for real this time. This is the only fuel trailer on the entire Northern Aegis map and people are likely to empty it before delivering it. All tasks/contracts that require fuel/maintenance trailers to be delivered are affected by this bug.

so let me see if I understand this. you used a resource from a mission trailer and are unhappy the game is punishing you for doing so?

@Vert_Startail said in "Bare Minimum" contract - Fuel semi-trailer can't be delivered with low amount of fuel or empty <13.2>:

so let me see if I understand this. you used a resource from a mission trailer and are unhappy the game is punishing you for doing so?

The contract requires you to get the Fuel Carrier Semi-Trailer to the Old Water Pump, it doesn't specify how much fuel has to be in the trailer if any. If this is working as intended then they should add a fuel requirement to the contract. It's broken either way. Are you a part of the QA team at Saber?

When the game came out you could not complete such a mission if a tiny amount of fuel was missing, so you had to fill it back up to maximum amount for it to complete. This created a lot of confusion as people kept taking fuel from mission trailers and thought it is a bug.

I think the game should not allow you to take fuel from a fuel trailer tied to a mission, then this problem would have never come up. Either they write in each and every mission description that it should be full or they simple disallow you to take fuel out of it.

The same thing happens with the prototype trailer. Likewise, if you scan with the trailer after you recover him from the station until it is empty, you cannot finish the task until you fill up with fuel again.
I think there must be around 15% fuel left in the trailers ... but I never tested it exactly.

I agree that this needs an error message at least -- some indication that the trailer needs to be full. The game can do it with trucks. I rescued the CAT745c in Mountain River by filling it up and then towing it to the sawmill; it used up fuel while it was being towed, and it was clearly indicated in the upper right corner of the HUD that fuel was missing, and how much. If that is a requirement for the trailer, then that should be clearly indicated in the same way.

The amount needed seems to be 10%+. Lost Trailer did not complete for me (PTS, hard mode) when it was empty; it did not complete at 72L; but it completed at 92L (of 900L). (I had the trailer connected and in pace in the target zone and was filling from another trailer while tracking the mission; it immediately completed once I added 20L to 72L.)

Since Amynue was unable to deliver on 370/3700, I'm guessing the amount needs to exceed 10% of the full capacity.

last edited by mendel