Battle Time Limit

One of the things that bugged me about the last game was the 20 min battle time limit. I can understand this for multiplayer since not everyone has endless amounts of time to dedicate to playing.

But it makes no sense to me to keep this feature for single player in Armada II. I for one LOVE planning things out and using every strategy at my disposal to pick apart the enemy with minimal loss to my ships. Artificial time limit on games really takes the fun out of things for me in skirmish or custom battle.

@ultrascythe said in Battle Time Limit:

One of the things that bugged me about the last game was the 20 min battle time limit. I can understand this for multiplayer since not everyone has endless amounts of time to dedicate to playing.

But it makes no sense to me to keep this feature for single player in Armada II. I for one LOVE planning things out and using every strategy at my disposal to pick apart the enemy with minimal loss to my ships. Artificial time limit on games really takes the fun out of things for me in skirmish or custom battle.

I actually disagree sort-of. Mostly because, despite planning, I never had a match even come close to running that long. If you ran out of time on a BFG:A match you were doing something wrong or simply avoiding your enemy.

I suspect if they have a battle time limit it will be longer in BFG2 with the fleet size increases, but that really depends on a bunch of other elements too.

i would love the removal of the timer
have had several amazing games end in a tie
would prevent eldar winning by time out and the few times they do go over 20min its usually an amazing game where neither truly gets the upper hand
there is no benefit to having limited time
you can always warp out if the match is too long

I tell myself the time limit represents something critical is going to happen. For example: reinforcements will arrive, or supplies are to low to maintain the engagement...something.

Lets also keep in mind that this game represents a TT game where the battle has a limited amount of turns. I'm fine with it.

i say we meet in the middle and have an option to remove it or increase/decrease it for single player and perhaps an option for people engaging in multi to be able to agree to increases/decreases in the time limit.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.