Urgent News: Xbox One Version has been cancelled

@pobourque

An exact year-long delay sounds to me like it could be a Sony exclusive after all (like Milesavius previously suggested in this thread)- if the Microsoft lady has the correct info. I guess there is still hope it could arrive on Xbox next year, even though Focus’ PR says otherwise.

last edited by Kommodore77

@pobourque After their long silence and cancellation of the Xbox version, I wouldn't expect them to be too quick to inform retailers of the cancellation. I mean, they couldn't even release a working base game, so I wouldn't count on them being intelligent enough to let retailers know. Maybe their just hoping Microsoft won't notice so they don't have to pay the penalty fee for not being able to deliver on their contract.

@link000

What unnecessary backlash? They have few times (at least 3 times) announced something that happens to be not true and not a word of explanation after that. This game suffers from technical problems from day one, soon it will be 17 months, and no one will take any sort of responsibility for that, the only thing you can get is constant "please wait for the next update that will come soon" and this goes time after time, update after update, with no effect. This does not bother them to put this game on sale multiple times for price that is below pre-order one. So if they will avoid this backlash so much then they should "force" themselves for some honesty and transparency. Would bring much better PR effect than putting the head in the sand and pretending that nothing is happening after they messed up.

Community Managers or anyone which is related to this game! What is happening with that statement you yourself have announced over 2 weeks ago? Are you disrespectfully ignore your own worlds, your customers and avoiding responsibility once again?

last edited by Grey Seer

Lads, Ladies, whatever you refer to yourself as;

It's as simple as this. The Enhanced Edition is out on PC and PS4 on May 22nd, a first release on PS4 and a big free update on PC to add new features and smooth optimization, while the Xbox version is currently cancelled. Like that information or not, it is what it is.

We have all, including myself, been on the bad end of the questionable PR with Deathwing. So if you think continuing to bombard every forum with questions, demands and slander will make a difference, have at it but I draw the line at people telling devs to eat shit and die, get cancer etc which is now happening often and that's only the stuff I'm aware of (Unnecessary backlash).

I totally understand peoples disappointment and I empathise, the best information/advice I can give you being that Inquisitor; Martyr is still due for release on May 11th and it looks to be another solid 40K game, an open world ARPG. Seriously, look into it.

I myself am content with what I've seen/heard and will now simply wait for May to roll around.

@link000 I truly agree at this point. I just recently have heard that Inquisitor Martyr will be released on XONE, and I definitely check it out. There is supposedly Space Hulk Ascension coming in on 3rd of May, supposedly and at one point in time - Space Hulk Tactics from Cyanide Studios, developer that gave us Blood Bowl on XOne. So there are other games to look and wait for.

@mj

Look up the open world and boss system trailers on Youtube for a quick but fairly in depth look at Inquisitor; Martyr 🙂

@link000 And what have one game to another? I have bought a game that does not work despite that it should. For 17 months the developer is powerless to solve the problem and publisher do not care to keep up with there own words and give any explanation when things goes south not to mention showing any interest in the quality of products published under their brand and what their customers think. And on top of all that, your proposition is to buy some other game? I have Inquisitor Martyr already and what it changes in the situation of Space Hulk Deathwing and problems that this game has?

@grey-seer Well it means not to get overly aggressive with things, just a cheer up for the Xbox players that they are not left out on WH40k games.

I also think that this game will end up on xbox, this year or another. Maybe someone else will take over the coding. Will see.

Thank you.

@mj This is not about money, one game or the other and on what platform it is released. It is about honesty, elementary decency, and respect to the customer. Things that I can not see here in case of this game.

And here's me thinking we were commenting on a thread entitled; "Urgent News: Xbox One Version has been cancelled" and that telling people this 40K game may not release on XBOX ONE but that that another one will.

@Grey-Seer Deathwing has been updated atleast 8 times since release and in that time I have experienced 1 bug, involving poor AI. If your game still isn't working you could now well be in a minority, to which I will once again say that the Enhanced Edition is a FREE update designed to address a multitude of things for PC players including optimization. If you expect anything more in the way of compensation, prepare for disappointment.

@link000 How great for you that your game runs so smoothly, I'm in the minority you know and from 17 months my game looks more or less like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNVV9NI2I0I&t=176s my spec is above recommended, reported this on day 1 and what? They even struggled for a long time to even put it on "known issue list" and it disappeared from it any other patch to appear once again in the next? Nothing has been done about it, I was cooperative and have done all things that developer and publisher have asked of me. 17 months and nothing, they have no idea what is going one, they can only repeat that there will be an update "soon" and I should give it a shoot, an update that will change nothing as all previous ones all this time, the thing that developers have admitted themselves to me. Yeah, I'm in the minority so that means that I have wasted my money because developers and publishers do not take any responsibility for their products? It is a free update for people who preordered the game for -15% and those who purchase in on sale for -60%.

@link000 said in Urgent News: Xbox One Version has been cancelled:

Lads, Ladies, whatever you refer to yourself as;

We have all, including myself, been on the bad end of the questionable PR with Deathwing. So if you think continuing to bombard every forum with questions, demands and slander will make a difference, have at it

Have you really “been on the bad end of the questionable PR”?!?

• A PC owner: who has endured 1 very minor bug in all the time they’ve played SHD on PC.
  • A PS4 Pro owner: who’s getting what they wanted (EE on PS4) on May 22nd 2018.
  • Who: hasn’t had to endure an unplayable SHD game, nor had to wait for ages with an unplayable game or no game at all, nor have the game they wanted cancelled at the last minute 😁!
  • Who: has probably only had to wait a bit longer than they might have liked for the EE to arrive, whilst still being able to play SHD on their trusty PC though with 1 very minor bug to endure 😭?

Truth be told, I am only signed up to this 1 forum. I personally DO NOT “bombard every forum with questions, demands and slander”, so what you’ve written here is slanderous in itself!

Additionally, because I only ever use this 1 forum, I’d really like to see the official SHD Xbox cancellation statement on the official SHD forum, so that I can read the bloody thing properly and accept it as a legitimate version.

Where is the statement please?

@Grey-Seer;

Low Level Fatal Errors like that are usually associated with software/hardware interaction problems which is likely the result of interference from other programs or possibly hardware failure. I doubt it's a result of Deathwing itself otherwise it would be a far more common problem.

As for what price people bought Deathwing at, that's entirely your own problem.

@Kommodore77

So your situation is worse because you only have the one option to play Deathwing on?
That's neither the developers or my own concern and your own tough luck. Nor am I lucky because I know how to build, maintain as well as afford a PC.
And in terms of the bug, I'd say the AI getting stuck, preventing them from moving and in turn being able to complete objectives isn't minor but having played games for well over 20 years now I know not to get my pants in a twist over bugs/glitches, they happen.

Having wanted Deathwing on the PS4 in order to play with the same group of capable friends I played and conquered Space Marine with, it's been a long 4 years since I started following Deathwing, including extensive delays with little or no word.
In that time, an Enhanced Edition was promised and EVERYONE involved, PC or console, suffered in silence as even the existence of the Enhanced Edition was in question for some time. Evidently, the reasoning behind which now likely sits at the feet of a problem coding the Xbox version they've now shelved indefinitely.
Which is unfortunate for those who desired the Xbox version but your end result being worse doesn't exactly excuse the PR in relation to those who will now benefit from the EE.

There was a statement here, a single sentence posted by a community manager stating Deathwing would release on PC and PS4 only.
Hardly a quality piece of PR but short and to the point. Not to mention I copied the longer version into here, knowing others would wish to see it. It doesn't lose much intrinsic value just because you'd rather a CM post it, a simple internet search would verify its authenticity. It's your time, spend it how you like.

P.S. If you consider anything I've said slanderous and/or found it offensive, Emperor help you.

@link000

My spec is above recommended, 17 months have passed and I had 2-3 system reinstallation launching this game was the first thing I have done after those and it did not helped, I have a few games on this engine too, and no such problems with them. Why such "interference from other programs or possibly hardware failure" applies only to this game and to no other? If I'm above recommended that means that I expect smoothly working game. It is not and they have done nothing about it for all this time, and contact with the support is another matter. Streum on studio pretending that nobody is at home and I must hurry them after few days every single time I contact them to get some answers and in Focus Home Interactive official support are working "just IT guys" that know nothing and are pretending that they have nothing to do with this game.

Community Manager

@kommodore77 said in Urgent News: Xbox One Version has been cancelled:

Additionally, because I only ever use this 1 forum, I’d really like to see the official SHD Xbox cancellation statement on the official SHD forum, so that I can read the bloody thing properly and accept it as a legitimate version.

Where is the statement please?

Here is the statement:

We are sorry to announce that Space Hulk: Deathwing will unfortunately not be released on Xbox One, despite the significant time and effort devoted to trying to rectify code development issues.

We apologize to Xbox One players who were eagerly waiting to exterminate Xenos aboard the Space Hulk. It was a difficult but carefully thought through decision, and we wish to thank our community for their commitment and understanding.

@link000 said in Urgent News: Xbox One Version has been cancelled:

@Kommodore77

There was a statement here, a single sentence posted by a community manager stating Deathwing would release on PC and PS4 only.
Hardly a quality piece of PR but short and to the point. Not to mention I copied the longer version into here, knowing others would wish to see it. It doesn't lose much intrinsic value just because you'd rather a CM post it, a simple internet search would verify its authenticity. It's your time, spend it how you like.

P.S. If you consider anything I've said slanderous and/or found it offensive, Emperor help you.

Frankly, I’m tired of your self-proclaimed empathy, when all I see you say in Xbox-related threads (from someone with zero issues) is: tough luck buster! Buy a PS4 and play single-player if psplus is too expensive for you! or if people are so “obsessed” with W40k, buy Inquisitor Martyr! As well as posting in this thread on the day of the Xbox cancellation “A whole day of announcements, it’s out on PC and PS4 May 22nd, what more do you want?” (Link000 paraphrased). Oh! Maybe the Xbox version would have been nice!!!
You honestly remind me of the trolls on Facebook or Valrak’s comments section and as far as I can see, your empathy exclusively reaches as far as Focus and Streumon. Your above comments are what I’d describe as “unnecessary”!

There was also a statement here, stating that a more in-depth official statement was on its way! Everyone interested has waited longer than promised (as usual), but the official Xbox statement has FINALLY (after a struggle) been posted HERE on the official SHD forum (despite the very understated approach) where it categorically SHOULD be without question!!! How unprofessional and pointless is it, if I can’t even rely on the official forum of this game to post important official news about this game?!?
Why should I rely on other fans, however eager to please, for official news which should invariably be posted on the official forum?!?

Fundamentally, the point is (as I’ve said before), that if the PR were more competent and did their jobs properly, then the backlash - that you claim: “most of which is OTT and unnecessary” and “absolutely pathetic” (Link000) - would most likely not have occurred or would at least been at a minimum, compared to what it’s become, because, as everyone knows, the internet is notoriously toxic regardless and there’s always the gits!

C’est la vie!

last edited by Kommodore77

@Kommodore77

So you finally got your response, literally word for word the exact statement I'd posted, left for a day and then had to come back again to cry just a little bit harder about it?

There is indeed, always "gits". Reality must be a serious struggle for you.

last edited by Link000

Mediocre game studio. Can't even figure out how to make a working game. This game is already dead people. Cool you can be different colored terminators now. Enhanced my ass.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.