Urgent News: Xbox One Version has been cancelled

@astartesultra lucky for me I already own a rickety old ps4, but I was hoping to see the game enhanced in all its glory on my X1X.

So this is all about an ”official statement this week” I think. Reliable as always.

last edited by Grey Seer

Hi all,

We can confirm that Space Hulk: Deathwing is coming to only PC and PS4.

If this is that ”official statement” of which you were talking about it is no wonder that everything related to this game is going so slow when typing one sentence takes a week...

last edited by Grey Seer

I just could make a fool of myself. Is today's Friday free of work in France? It is here in Sweden, but apparently not everywhere. So if not, there is time for some proper ”this week’s statement” after all. Sorry for being venomous if I was too quick in my jurgament, I’m trying to pay attention to such details but sometimes I make mistakes and what I write in such situations can be misunderstood greatly.

I love the comms managers here. You have couple of posts creating a conversation, and out of the blue, you get a vague info from the community manager. Just drop the bomb and leave us pondering over it, so we focus on something else instead of having a sort of conversation.

I hope Xbox version will be released, but will need to be released with lots of additional bells and whistles to keep us happy. Lets wait another year for an official statement.

@grey-seer We're working on a more official statement, I know that what I said above is short, but it's all we're able to say at the moment.

Today isn't off in France, but we are off on Monday.

@iyagovos

In early october of 2017 (6 months ago) you show us this 2 low quality videos from EE

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/1217/space-hulk-deathwing-enhanced-edition-overview-thread

6 months later, you should show us something new, we have been more than patient

@rioku Hi there,

We actually unveiled a new video just yesterday.

Youtube Video

Thank you very much @Iyagovos i didn´t notice new post in that thread.

Again thank you, very apreciate.

@iyagovos said in Urgent News: Xbox One Version has been cancelled:

@grey-seer We're working on a more official statement, I know that what I said above is short, but it's all we're able to say at the moment.

Today isn't off in France, but we are off on Monday.

Honestly how hard is it to just post "We had to cancel Xbox version due to "X,Y,Z" reasons" Why all the secrecy? It does absolutely nothing but add more fuel to already raging inferno that the SHDW community has towards Focus and the Devs. Didn't someone (from the Devs or Focus I can't remember) say something at the Focus Event earlier this year to the effect that the December 2017 release date was the fault of others and not their own (when in fact it was plastered all over the SHDW website and not just Amazon!) Seriously who ever is in charge of PR for this game needs to be replaced. You would think that with all the uproar about "lack of transparency, information, and community engagement" in the past year someone would have taken notice and learned their lesson. Nope! Here we are again with nothing more than vague responses and promises of "more news to come" & "we will have an official statement.....soon"

Strange how Valrak says the recent Xbox beta version was “absolutely fabulous” but the official comments imply it’s been totally scrapped.

Why go to all that trouble to fully optimise it when it looks like it’ll never release?

You obviously have your reasons.

@kommodore77 I do not think Valrak had in mind Xbox beta, I do not know if there were any consoles betas at all, I did not hear about any. He said that he is not a console guy too.

So, now we can safely assume that there will be none statement this week. Maybe in the next one, who knows with Focus, they do not like to explain to there customers their own words when they turn out to be untrue for some reasons. Who knows, maybe there is some struggle between developers and them? But we do not have any information so we do not know that. They can as well be busy with heavy drinking for preorder money and they have no time for someones like bothersome customers who spoil the fun by wanting some explanation and communication instead of sitting quietly as they should, who are they after all?

@grey-seer true brother! Maybe I misinterpreted what Valrak said 😬
Anyway, We wait for the statement for a bit of transparency, or not 🤒

It’s a 🤬 shame if it’s only ever coming to PS4 and not the more powerful X1X 🤮
I was always under the impression that PS4 is harder to programme than Xbox, and that the X1X is said to be a breeze - supposedly taking less than a day to create an X1X patch for some, though that’s just what I’ve heard.

I hope I’m wrong and it releases later on.

Maybe the chaos dlc and a few add ons have melded with it when it’s back out of the warp 🤪

@kommodore77 said in Urgent News: Xbox One Version has been cancelled:

@grey-seer true brother! Maybe I misinterpreted what Valrak said 😬
Anyway, We wait for the statement for a bit of transparency, or not 🤒

It’s a 🤬 shame if it’s only ever coming to PS4 and not the more powerful X1X 🤮
I was always under the impression that PS4 is harder to programme than Xbox, and that the X1X is said to be a breeze - supposedly taking less than a day to create an X1X patch for some, though that’s just what I’ve heard.

I hope I’m wrong and it releases later on.

In all honesty, it's probably another backdoor Sony deal. What other reason would they have to remove all mention of Xbox from the site? Add to this that SHDW is, to be honest, a relatively unknown game, but there's suddenly a bunch of marketing from Sony about it.

@kommodore77 said in Urgent News: Xbox One Version has been cancelled:

Maybe the chaos dlc and a few add ons have melded with it when it’s back out of the warp 🤪

They struggled with launching the game, there are unsolved technical problems to this day, mixed reviews, and this EE is another torment. Is someone really hoping for some DLC to this game?