PTS Update 16/04/2021 (13.6)

Hello everyone!

We have prepared a small update, here is the list of changes:

Trucks:

• Added trucks store images for ZiKZ 605-R and Khan 317 Sentinel
  • Ongoing customization set up for ZiKZ 605-R

Other changes:

• Improved collision for rocket semitrailer
  • Improved game behavior where it was impossible to click on winch points in certain areas of the screen due to HUD UI overlap
  • Fixed a bug where the Log Carrier Rear trailer capacity display changed depending on the direction of the scrolling in the trailer store
  • Fixed a bug where the rewards section of the 'Fuel Eight' contest description overlapped with the 'Cancel contest' button on the minimap
  • Fixed low res textures for some objects in the build
  • Fixed a bug where after buying curtains the "Northern coat of arms" this accessory disappeared.

Thank you all for you comments and feedback, have a great weekend!

last edited by enovikova

Great... playing at the weekend with good textures... 👍

Let's see if 13.6 allows me to enter Chernokamensk. 13.5 crashed whenever I tried to go there - either via a tunnel, or through the garage.

I’m watching gameplay from ‘hard mode’ by various you tubers and it looks like they’re starting with DLC trucks in the garage, which they then sell to offset the early game costs. Will these be disabled on official release?

@pandemonium i never had the dlc trucks in my garage even with the season pass, The start has been really fun and a really good challenge!!

@pandemonium They already did in a previous update

Ah!! Sweet Sweet Textures!! Thanks

Thank you for the good work. One little thing you forget, the textures on the Container. SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.16 - 20.16.32.87.png

It's cool, but I still don't understand what is the point of making an area to search for when I see the "through forests and mountains" icon in real terrain. Hard mode, of course. Maybe you should remove the icon and leave only the area? Let the icon appear when approaching an object by 20 meters, for example

SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.16 - 22.55.21.02 (4)_LI.jpg

SnowRunner Screenshot 2021.04.16 - 22.55.35.25 (5)_LI.jpg

@bazileka
Not something I'd thought about, because I have that option in the UI settings switched off anyway, because I hate having my main view cluttered up with a bunch of silly floating icons.
But yeah, that option should probably be enforced in Hard Mode, or as you say, limited to a 20-meter range would be a great compromise.

i installed this update....( the map i 'was' building) now ALL OF MY MAP HAS NO ROCKS, THE TERRAIN IS TOTALLY FLAT. All the models are where they should be ( hanging in empty space).. WTF is wrong with you all? I have 3 fuxxing months into making this map. I use the PTS editor because the editor for the game suxs! So what do i do, Jellyfosh?

last edited by rufus

@rufus
Why are you making maps using a PTS build and expecting it to be stable?
Why aren't you at least making backups if you're determined to?

last edited by grimdanfango

@rufus Public Test Server is not intended for a regular game, much less for creating maps. It can and will contain errors.

After playing around 30 hours in Amur region on PTS it's become increasingly obvious to me that the Superheavy Semi Trailer needs to be amended.

The issues with the supports underneath it getting stuck on terrain have been there from it's inception. However, the nature of the terrain in this region have nearly rendered it useless.

You really struggle to make it even shorter distances without it getting completely stuck to the ground.
It will hook up to the ground and the 'feet' of the supports will start to bend.
When this happens it's almost impossible to move the trailer.
Even using overpowered modded trucks with very high ground clearance won't help in these circumstances.
Sometimes you can bring in a second OP mod truck and try to winch the first truck with the trailer connected and it refuses to let go from the ground.

At one point I had to delete the trailer because I couldn't move it.

The challange of using this 8-slot trailer should come from it's impressive size. Not that it sticks to the ground all the time.

So please consider modifying the collision model of the support struts/legs.

last edited by Patte352

Why can't we refuel trucks in garage, repair option is exist, refuel - NO!?
I started hard mode, took F2070a to garage and repaired. Go out and... truck without fuel, no option to refuel.
How could you forget about it?

Another shortcoming - we start with the amount that is not enough to repair and equip the F2070 to earn money.
In the standard version, the GMC9500 has at least a sideboard that allows you to carry loads. Here we need to find it (a plus), but hardly anyone will go there.
Please increase the money limit for the repair and basic equipment of our first truck.

@Xandrass I played hard mode last night. The repair trailer at the garage is there for a reason. There are plenty of resources available for a player to get started.

I had no problems, utilizing those resources to repair the Fleetstar, equip it with flatbed and crane, and begin to knock out tasks in MI. Dude, use your head and figure it out. Starting capital needs no increase.

If you can’t take the time to go get fuel tanks, and position them around the map to be efficiently utilized, then hard mode isn’t for you and the basic mode probably more suitable.

But asking for a global change, which is actually a nerf because you aren’t willing to use brainpower and put in the time??? Really

last edited by secelit3

@secelit3 - tell me, what is the garage for, if it cannot be refilled (option paid as repair)?

@Xandrass said in PTS Update 16/04/2021 (13.6):

@secelit3 - tell me, what is the garage for, if it cannot be refilled (option paid as repair)?

If they add it they add it, but I didn’t have a problem with the request for refuel at the garage. It was the request for additional capital that made me feel the need to post a response. Your argument for fuel is valid, although I think fuel storage at the garage should require refueling and not allow free, unlimited fuel.

last edited by secelit3

@secelit3 said in PTS Update 16/04/2021 (13.6):

Your argument for fuel is valid, although I think fuel storage at the garage should require refueling and not allow free, unlimited fuel.

You're right.
But then we either pay for refueling in the garage or deliver fuel, "refuel" the garage and then use it to the full.
It is easier to add the refueling fee option, ideally along with the repair of the vehicle (additional point on the list).

As timber yards appeared, sawmills should require logs to be turned into boards. Large logs - 4 boards, small / medium - 2 boards.

Seems likely enough they'll add paid refueling at garages at some point. If/when they do, I just hope they make sure the price is higher than elsewhere, otherwise it'll just reduce the usefulness of fuel trailers all over again. Keep it expensive, so it's only useful as a last-resort.