Community Alpha Testing

Given some of the issues that the first game had such as balance, and multiplayer I think it would be a good idea to have the game developers conduct a Player based Alpha test to help them in shaping some of the game mechanics at a time when they can still be changed so as to not make the same mistakes as the first game. Having participated in several game Alphas I think that if they take those of us from the community who are willing to play the game at certain hours, be able to write reports and provide feedback the dev's could make a better game out of the gate rather than realize in beta or worse in release that the game mechanic might kill the game (such as the way multiplayer progress was handled in the first game)

in the previous game, we tested balance for months before release. i'm sure we will get to again when they feel the game is that far along in development. yes, the wait is killing me

Well, I would love to do so again, especially to ensure the translation to German is as on point as it was in the last game. The German 40k community is already quite frustrated by Games Workshops strange attitude towards foreign languages (there are no localized unit names anymore so your novels and codizes are a weird mix of German and English) and I would love to help iron out any mistakes that just simply always happen during a translation.

@hjalfnar_hgv said in Community Alpha Testing:

Well, I would love to do so again, especially to ensure the translation to German is as on point as it was in the last game. The German 40k community is already quite frustrated by Games Workshops strange attitude towards foreign languages (there are no localized unit names anymore so your novels and codizes are a weird mix of German and English) and I would love to help iron out any mistakes that just simply always happen during a translation.

Yeah I've already told the devs i'm willing to do it again :p

Would be happy to help again too with Alpha-Beta builds.

I am looking forward to getting the chance to help out again as well, especially considering I'm doing game design in university now as well. (Also the reason why I have been lurking so much.)

Community Manager

Thank you all for volunteering to help us out - should we need it, we will be sure to ask!

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.