PTS Update 06/05/2021 (13.12)

@Ada ah, makes sense.
I guess I’m the one with inadequate hardware, I can’t run ultra shadows anyway 😕

I did experience FPS drops specifically on cosmodrome a few updates back, but that was fixed at one point.

@Unster i have noticed that there is fuelmass if you put cistern on truck. Empty it, then go to fill it, the suspension does react to amount of fuel.
Although the empty cistern does weight too much and the fuel amount makes too little of a difference.

@ZeesuS Really? Last time I checked and specifically looked for this when filling up, I saw no movement in the suspension. In MR or ST, it's obvious that fuel has mass. Even if there is some in SR, it's not enough. Cargo masses are also kind of messed up. For example, those sequoia trunks in the Wisconsin region act like they're made of paper.

@Unster thats cause most truck suspensions bottom out even with empty cistern.
The p512 has enough stiff suspension to show the small movement when filling the cistern.

I admit that the masses of addons and cargos are messed, but so is vehicle weights, suspension stiffness and engine powers. Not to mention the gearboxes and jelly axles..

@ZeesuS I've seen a couple of trucks driving around bottomed out (the White Westerstar and one of the Longhorns), but even on other trucks I haven't seen the suspension move while fueling up. I'll check again the next time.

Edit: Nope. No movement on the Paystar 5070. I'm pretty sure that one isn't bottomed out.

last edited by Unster

Zikz 605R roof rack is full of fuel (200L) when purchased in Hard Mode. Should be empty like all other fuel attachments in HM.

Hello.

I am in the first map of the Game and I have seen a different behavior in some missions when you have to deliver a trailer of 2000L gasoline.

As an example, put two missions to deliver a 2000L gasoline trailer on the first map.
In both missions they force you to deliver a 100% full gas tank, ok.
In one of them, when taking the trailer 100% loaded to the indicated area, the mission has been completed and the trailer has not disappeared the trailer at 100% gasoline for you to use. On the other hand, in the other mission, I have delivered the 100% gasoline trailer but at the end of the mission the trailer has disappeared.

Seeing this my question is the following:

When do you get the gas tank when you deliver it on a mission and when not?
When playing hard, this information is very important.

Thank you.

@Fair201
Mission where you have to deliver trailers and more, it's often so, that the trailers stay, until you have deliver all parts of the mission/contract. But at the end of a task/contract, the trailers are dissapearing.
Like the courtain trailers in Cosmodrome, the all stay on the map (or in the town) until you have deliver all three. Same is with the fuel trailers. If the mission is only the fuel trailer, or one part of more parts of a mission is a trailer, the trailer dissapears. If the mission is a trailer, 2 bricks and 2 woods, the trailer stays until you have deliver al other parts. Or he dissapers, if it's the last you delivered.

@Fratzegeballer

Okay great

But what I did not know is that the trailer has to be full of gasoline, so to get gasoline you have to go to the gas station yes or yes

@Fair201
Does it have to be full, or just not be completely empty. I used to remember something around 15% fuel as a clue.
Or is there an indication in the task that it must be 100% full?

@Fratzegeballer

I'm on the mission of the first map where you have to bring a 5000L mega trailer. He has about 300L left and he does not complete my mission.

I understand that if you have to have a minimum of 15%, you need about 750L?

@Fair201
Yeah, try to refill... last time in HM I deliver this trailer, he wasn't full.

As comparison the 900L scout trailer in Lake Kovd:
I finished this task with 129L in this trailer - but 89 was to less.
But I've never tried exactly how many % are really necessary.

last edited by Fratzegeballer

@Unster said in PTS Update 06/05/2021 (13.12):

@cement-road Fuel mass was never a concept that existed in this game. It was a thing in MR, but devs decided to not implement it for SR for some reason.

This is wrong. I tipped a truck with a tanker addon, and emptying it had an immediate effect on the physics.

I was able to complete Lost Trailer with 92L/900L (after adding 20L to 72L). I'm guessing the amount of fuel must be greater than 10% of its total capacity.

You can use a truck with a small fuel tank to fill the trailer fairly accurately; I achieved 20L granularity by using a CK1500 with 80L tank that was empty, so I could then put 20L into the CK1500 and then put it in the trailer from there.

@mendel said in PTS Update 06/05/2021 (13.12):

This is wrong. I tipped a truck with a tanker addon, and emptying it had an immediate effect on the physics.

What effect did you notice?

Fuel in trailers adds 0.85kg of mass per 1L of fuel (because the typical density of petroleum is 881 kg/m³, and I guess they rounded down slightly).

https://www.reddit.com/r/snowrunner/comments/ibvqw8/trailer_and_addon_weight_overview_including_fuel/

(Not quite, fuel does have mass, but this chart I linked is incorrect, see later post: https://forums.focus-home.com/post/223064)

last edited by grimdanfango

@mendel said in PTS Update 06/05/2021 (13.12):

What effect did you notice?

tipped tanker
That's on Island lake close to the sawmill, left image is with fuel in (and mirrored!), right image is with fuel out, you can pump it back and forth and see it lift and fall.

last edited by mendel

@mendel OK, though I don't really see a difference in the screenshots. I suppose there could be some difference when your truck is flipped over, but when it's on the wheels, I never saw any difference while filling up.

@mendel OK, though I don't really see a difference in the screenshots. I suppose there could be some difference when your truck is flipped over, but when it's on the wheels, I never saw any difference while filling up.

Just for you:

click to show

I used the exact same camera position for both shots. The left one is just mirrored. That is the exact same grass at the bottom edge, and you can see how much the tank is down in the mud if you compare it with the grass in the mirrored shots.

last edited by mendel