Consoles

Can we expect to see an alpha or beta on consoles?

Really looking to try this game out in the early stages.

Hello, we haven't announced anything on that front yet, but it stays an option. We'll announce here and on social media any console testing sessions!

I hope there is a Beta out soon. I want in on that I haven't played Insurgency since it was a free Half Life 2 Mod on steam.

Thank you for bringing this to consoles!I really hope this is out before Fall, but either way really looking forward to this one!

@poohty_t said in Consoles:

Thank you for bringing this to consoles!I really hope this is out before Fall, but either way really looking forward to this one!

Same here. I'm really glad they are bringing a game in this genre (hardcore, realistic, tactical, shooter) to consoles. I think we will begin to see more of these types of titles attempt to bridge the gap in the future as developers begin to realize that there is untapped potential here. I believe there are more HC fans who own consoles and would appreciate games like these than some folks realize.

last edited by Kean_1

@kean_1 said in Consoles:

Same here. I'm really glad they are bringing a game in this genre (hardcore, realistic, tactical, shooter) to consoles. I think we will begin to see more of these types of titles attempt to bridge the gap in the future as developers begin to realize that there is untapped potential here. I believe there are more HC fans who own consoles and would appreciate games like these than some folks realize.

Agreed. Perfect timing as well. BF is going to stay in the past. As much as i've always enjoyed BF, i really wanted a modern day shooter. I could care less about ww2 and many people are feeling this way. So this will be music to their ears. Hope it gets advertised well so people know about it !

@kean_1 said in Consoles:

Agreed. Perfect timing as well. BF is going to stay in the past. As much as i've always enjoyed BF, i really wanted a modern day shooter. I could care less about ww2 and many people are feeling this way. So this will be music to their ears. Hope it gets advertised well so people know about it !

same the only question i have is will it be download only or will it be available at game stop like alot of games because game stop or any other real places arent mentioning sandstorm and im just curious

last edited by XXKE0NxDDKxx

@xxke0nxddkxx said in Consoles:

same the only question i have is will it be download only or will it be available at game stop like alot of games because game stop or any other real places arent mentioning sandstorm and im just curious

B&M retailers probably aren't mentioning it because there has been no release date confirmed yet. ....either way, I wouldn't rely on Game Stop for anything to be honest and I don't think the absence of any news about this game from outlets like GS is necessarily an indicator that Sandstorm will be digital only.

@poohty_t Its going to be out next year for console and in september for PC. Apparently there were issues with optimization on console versions.