Vampire Hypno Gaze counts as blitz

Vs. AI. If you move a vampire, fail bloodlust, move vampire, hypno gaze, eat team mate... it thinks you blitzed. I tried this 3 times after failing bloodlust, every time it counted as blitz. Same sequence with passed bloodlust does not count as blitz.

Focus Team

Did you declare a blitz action as a first action after you use the vampire that failed bloodlust?
It's a known bug on our side, if the bite is triggered while a blitz is used with the next player, the blitz action is lost.

I can't say for certainty that I did, but that does make sense. I know at least once I did. Not sure about the other couple of times it happened.

Side note: It was very confusing the first time I triggered Bloodlust of how to bite my guy to "close the action". Even if you throw a block or hypno gaze or whatever after failing BL, you should still get the option in the pop up window. Not sure if that screws up the programming as your turn is "done" after performing an action, but might help in situations like this. Same theory behind doing one action at a time with other positionals to prevent bugs. If you can manually close the blood lust before moving on to the next person, could end the bug there.

last edited by JohnnyFeyev
Focus Team

@JohnnyFeyev said in Vampire Hypno Gaze counts as blitz:

Even if you throw a block or hypno gaze or whatever after failing BL, you should still get the option in the pop up window.

Yes it's already implemented on our side so will be here for the release 🙂
We're not sure to have the time to fix the Blitz issue for the day of the release but at least with the contextual action available it's an easy workaround until the fix.

I agree. It's nice when everything works perfectly, but as long as their is a workaround it should be good.

@Focus_Guillaume

Yes it's already implemented on our side so will be here for the release 🙂

Do you mean it will be implemented kind of like this:
0_1503666848494_bloodlust.jpg
So at the end of the Vampire's activation, if he failed Bloodlust at the start, you will be given an option to bite before you activate next player?

Great news, this variant is much more intuitive and doesn't interrupt the game flow.

Yeah, I get the "Bite Teammate" option, but only if I decide to do nothing else. If you throw a block or hypno gaze, you don't have the option. I'm confident that's what will be fixed on release, which is great news.

By the way, What would it take to see a Netheos v. Guillaume Blood Bowl match?

Focus Team

Hey, there would be no challenge! 🕶

Community Manager

@Focus_Guillaume said in Vampire Hypno Gaze counts as blitz:

Hey, there would be no challenge! 🕶

You mean no challenge for me! Although I might struggle to beat your 5784 hours played in the game 😕

@Netheos @Focus_Guillaume Maybe handicap Guillaume. Give him no reroll Ogres.

Can't confirm this but I bloodlusted on my turn and bit a thrall that was standing next to my wolf holding the ball. If you picture it like a grid:

Wolf holding ball = 5
Thrall bit by vampire = 7
Vampire = 4

Skaven lineman with ST3 is in 1 = marked by vampire.
Goblin in 3 giving assist on ball.

No other marks or assists. Skaven lineman still gets 2 die block on ball, even though vampire should have offered assist. Might need to check if you bloodlust and bite someone it might eliminate their tackle zone even though it shows their zones on the field. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can reproduce it.

@Focus_Guillaume I think this covers an issue I discovered but want to be certain.

Sequence of events is as follows - roll bloodlust, and fail, move next to thrall and hypno gaze opponent then bite thrall. When I then try and blitz with another guy it says my blitz has been used.

I have had a similar issue when blocking - fail bloodlust, block opponent and follow up to be next to a thrall, bite thrall...now told my blitz has been used.

I'd also say that the controls for blood lust is a little counter intuative....when you select bite thrall option you should be able to select where to move first, but it prevents you moving from the moment you click it.

Focus Team

@JohnnyFeyev said in Vampire Hypno Gaze counts as blitz:

Can't confirm this but I bloodlusted on my turn and bit a thrall that was standing next to my wolf holding the ball. If you picture it like a grid:

Wolf holding ball = 5
Thrall bit by vampire = 7
Vampire = 4

Skaven lineman with ST3 is in 1 = marked by vampire.
Goblin in 3 giving assist on ball.

No other marks or assists. Skaven lineman still gets 2 die block on ball, even though vampire should have offered assist. Might need to check if you bloodlust and bite someone it might eliminate their tackle zone even though it shows their zones on the field. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can reproduce it.

I'm sorry but I don't totally understand the situation

Basically, the skaven in the upper left got a 2die block on my wolf in the center, which should have been a 1 die block because of the vampire assist in square 4, but since he bloodlusted, it may have taken his TZs away- so he wasn't offering the assist when the skaven hit my wolf.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.