INTRO

If you think the fog in this game makes it seem dull, there is a way to disable it.

-No downloads required- 🙂

First, I'd like to tell you how the fog works. There are configuration files called .xml files in a certain folder that are basically WordPad notes saved as a different file type that are formatted to make things in a program be the way they are. For example, the fog thickness is changed by changing a value of a number in a line of code. 0.000 would be no fog, and 0.010 would be the normal amount of fog.

SECTION 1 (File Explorer)
(if you do not know how to get to your game directory manually using File Explorer, read section 2 first)

Now, the part you came here for. How do you disable the fog? Navigate to your Spintires Mudrunner directory in File Explorer, in the game directory folder, navigate to

----📁Media.zip (or just Media if that's what you set it to)
------L📁classes
---------L📁daytimes

In 📁daytimes are the config .xml files you will change. Open the first .xml file with either Notepad, Notepad++, or WordPad. Scan until you find a line saying Fog Density and change that value from whatever it is to 0.000. Do this to every .xml file in 📁daytimes accept the night_to_day one if you want a foggy morning 😉

SECTION 2 (Steam)

Now for the guys that don't know how the fwippity fwop to get to the game directory.
Open Steam and go to your Library. Right-Click on Spintires: Mudrunner on your never ending list of games ;-; and click Properties. A window will pop up in the middle of your screen that has tabs. Click on the Local Files tab and then under that in the window contents click on Browse Local Files. A File Explorer window with your game directory will open. And this my friends is how you get to your game directory if your a noob to computers ;-; Do section 1.

And that my dudes is how to disable fog in Spintires Mudrunner! Be sure to rate this post if it helped you any! 😃

last edited by A Slice Of Pizza