Today, we're very happy to unveil an update that adds Workshop Map Support to MudRunner on PC. What this means for you is that we now officially support map mods in MudRunner, and players will be able to upload and download their creations through the Steam Workshop, in the same way that they can for trucks.
You will find an update to both MudRunner and the MudRunner Editor.
Should you need help learning how modding tools work in MudRunner, here is our official guide. This will teach you to make both map mods and vehicle mods.
Another great community made guide, made by Torridon88, can be found here.
- Multiple bug fixes and improvements to level editing mode.
- Undo/redo history now works for changing object position and orientation.
- Trucks are now better visualised on the map. Truck/trailer/addon picker dialog added.
- Truck orientation can now be arbitrary. (Trucks are no longer required to be landed.)
- Mods can now contain levels that are properly exported to the workshop.
- Improvements were made to the "import mudrunner-2016 level" function.
- Truck textures are now better optimised when exporting to the workshop.
- Added "default screenshot for the item" function added for mods.
If you want to play older maps on this new version, you will need to convert them to the game using the conversion tool in the edtior. Once this is done, the older maps will be compatible with MudRunner
Should you not want to move to this new update just yet, you are able to stay on the current branch by going to public branch ver_18_01_29b in your available betas.
Thank you, and we'll talk to you soon,
The MudRunner team.