Spintires: MudRunner - Workshop Map Support

Make rear-view mirrors, please!!!

Community Manager

@shadowsincere Thanks for passing that along, I'll shoot a message over to the dev team to let them know

Sony won"t allow mods on ps4. Sony want you to buy a new game instead of extend old game's life with free mods.

@iyagovos, I wanna thank you for correcting the Settings Paths in the editor to have it's own Cache folder now. Thank you.

Community Manager

@tattoo Will pass that on to the devs, glad it's helped!

@iyagovos, Have you acknowledged the problem with the new editor and np++ plugins as well as the problem with spawning mods in the proving grounds with the new updates of the game and editor?

People are having problems spawning mods in the proving grounds and also having problems with the np++ plugins.

I tried both and neither work for me. I have both new versions of the game and editor installed. I also did a fresh install of both by deleting the old version before installing the new versions because I overwrote it the first time and had errors.

Thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention when trying to spawn a mod in the MR proving grounds, I don't see my MR mods in the MR editor but I see the mods I have in the old ST editor. So something is not reading correctly.

last edited by Tattoo
Community Manager

@tattoo

Hi Tattoo,

I'd not actually heard of a problem with the new editor and np++ (notepad++?) plugins. Could you give me more details on this? Is it crashing, or are you just unable to do it?

@iyagovos how can you not have heard about it? It is posted several places including steam and right here on this forum.

@bregel said in Bregel's Garage:

@joridiculous said in Bregel's Garage:

@mexican_420 Someone with same or similar problem here: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/6073/trouble-with-modification-at-proving-grounds

The dude posted several days ago and still no respond, what a nice support. I ve try to install into different pc both editor and the game, also changing the user id but still fail.

@vladn said in Trouble with modification at proving grounds:

After the last update i can't test modifications at proving grounds becouse the game refers to
..\Spintires Combine Tools\Media_mods
instead of
..\Spintires Mudrunner - Editor Beta\Media_mods
Both edditors work fine, the paths are checked, reinstallation of Mudrunner and Mudrunner
Editor didn't help, as well as using previous beta.

Where could be the problem?

@forces said in Bregel's Garage:

@mexican_420 yes and thats the issue, the Mud runner still reads the spintires editor cache folder, ¡it wasnt updated! well done pavel missing things again!, ¿whats next timebombs?

@bregel said in Bregel's Garage:

I ve been working to convert some of my old mod for several days, suddenly today all vehicle inside editor _mods folder not shows up in proving ground, and seems the plugin for notepad++ also refuse to work like yesterday. I have try reinstall the game, editor, also the steam client including changing the steam library folder, but still not work. Any help would be appreciated.

@forces said in Bregel's Garage:

@bregel I had the same issue, I found a way to fix it too, ill make a video since is a bit long to do it by text

the latest editor update broke everything for some users, my mud runner was loading my spintires editor _mods folder, not the mud runner editor _mods folder

@mexican_420 said in Bregel's Garage:

@Bregel
@Forces
I saw a post in here somewhere from @Tattoo about the Mudrunner editor now having it's own cache instead of being tied to the Spintires editor... Might be relevant?

Community Manager

@joridiculous I had heard about the issues with the proving grounds. I hadn't heard about the issues with notepad++, though it does seem like I missed one of those in there, too.

@iyagovos said in Spintires: MudRunner - Workshop Map Support:

@tattoo

Hi Tattoo,

I'd not actually heard of a problem with the new editor and np++ (notepad++?) plugins. Could you give me more details on this? Is it crashing, or are you just unable to do it?

No, it's not crashing. The little popup menu in NP++ is not coming up now. Forces said he got it to work buy copy/paste the plugins manually but that didn't work for me.

Community Manager

Thanks! I'll pass that information on, and we'll hopefully get something working 🙂

@Iyagovos
I'm concerned about the workshop maps getting a huge mess.... There are a lot maps without proper naming/editing the xml.
So they turn out to be this random numbers/characters in-game even though some are named correct in WS.
It will get hard to browse maps or even worse as I showed before with screen shots with the Russian names messing up
our select map menu.... For now its still somehow manageable but I fear for future where we can't even find the maps anymore in our list.
0_1524075125292_Screenshot_1.png

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.