3rd Person POV

Aloha gents & ladies,

Just a thought that crossed through my mind, any word on a third person point of view? Maybe even a mod down the road? The SOCOM mod still has quite the following and the server does get activity. It's a nice refresh from the first person POV aspect. Any info/thoughts from the community?

I highly doubt there will be any 3rd Person POV since that goes directly against any aspect of realism in this game. After all, the game is built on a realistic risk-reward system, you have to risk poking your head out and getting shot in order to gain any knowledge on enemy positions. Now I haven't heard of the SOCOM mod, but I'll assume it's a mod for insurgency; if so, then I guess you have at least some hope from the community for a mod.

Community Manager

Hi there,

This isn't something that's currently planned.

@cream-cheese said in 3rd Person POV:

I highly doubt there will be any 3rd Person POV since that goes directly against any aspect of realism in this game. After all, the game is built on a realistic risk-reward system, you have to risk poking your head out and getting shot in order to gain any knowledge on enemy positions. Now I haven't heard of the SOCOM mod, but I'll assume it's a mod for insurgency; if so, then I guess you have at least some hope from the community for a mod.

Makes sense. Maybe sometime down the road. Don't get me wrong, just having the game released will be satisfying.

@iyagovos said in 3rd Person POV:

Hi there,

This isn't something that's currently planned.

Appreciate the response!

Yeahh, I feel ya. It was just a quick thought. It's fun to get out of 1st once an awhile.

I hope so, also i was playing in 3rd person due to a glitch in the alpha, browsing too quick in the loadout menu and made me spawn in it.

@vengefulmosquito Speaking of alpha iv never played in the alpha if there were vehicles in it how fluent do the drive and how are the reloading mechanics.

Myself and about a hundred people I know cannot play any 1st person shooters due to nausea and puking even though I still suffer from PTSD from Sony firing Jeff and Zipper , a large group of folks I know can only play 3rd person shooters

@iyagovos can you at least attempt it for those who cannot play 1st person without puking? thanks

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.