Console Modding. An under-informed subjective opinion.

@hydrowasul And that's an entirely reasonable attitude to have.

Much too often I see modders and mod users alike displaying very sad attitudes towards each other. Modders who create content seemingly not because they enjoy doing do (at least not primarily) but for the respect and fame? And users who see themselves as paying (mod) customers, making entirely unreasonable demands.

I'm not really active in this modding community, but I was rather active in the World of Warcraft addon community for many years. I only ever made addons that I myself wanted, and then decided to share if it was something at all usable. Many of them only ever got a handful of downloads, but that didn't bother me in the slightest. Some people might create content with the primary goal of sharing it, and not necessarily for personal use, and that's also fine, but at least do it because you enjoy doing it.

You have the right to do whatever you want with your content, but users don't owe you a thing, nor do you owe them.

Which brings me back to one of my key points.

Modding on PC platform is less problematic because the PC is a more open platform. Anyone can host a server, anyone can create a community, anyone can upload/download. There NEED be no management overhead beyond the minimal.

Console platforms are significantly more constrained. From code approval to linking to external hosts (or paying for internal hosts) to non-approved content (or checking each upload before approval). Even in its most 'admin-light' form, I would expect there is a different resource requirement to make this happen, and for a smaller publisher, this is a lot of work for little or no return.

The DLC model is much much easier.

What COULD occur in a perfect world, would be that the spintyres team put out a request on the modding page for content creators to opt-in to their content being considered for inclusion in future releases of the game (either for free or for a nominal 'thank you' sum). Then the spintyres team could deliver a one shot 'truck pack' DLC or 'map pack' DLC, which would include these maps in them.

Would be wonderful but again, as seen here already, there will always be some people who don't share the view of others. Still, I'm sure if spintyres saw some maps they considered to be truly fantastic and worthy of inclusion 'as is', they would be willing to talk to the creator about using it in a future DLC. I see no reason why not.