TD SPP for the player holding the ball when an opponent concedes

People usually concede when they've suffered severe setbacks and the opponent can just walk the ball straight into the end zone. Often, that means that a ball carrier has managed to get past the opponents line and out of range of any players trying to stop him. If the game were to continue, it would be a guaranteed touchdown.
Sometimes it's done because it means the conceder knows/thinks he can't win anymore, but it is also often done to deny the winner a vital level up, as a final FU to the opponent.
Getting conceded to does give you extra gold and an extra MVP, but random SPP going on a skink, skeleton or zombie doesn't compensate for getting it on the Saurus, Tomb Gaurdian or Flesh Golem that you've managed to pick up/hand off to.
Targeted SPP means a lot more than random SPP, but at the same time, a concede means that you lose the opportunity for future random SPP from various blocks and passes etc, so the extra MVP should not go away.

Therefore, I suggest that if the opponent concedes, the player currently holding the ball should get 3 SPP for a touchdown in addition to the current rewards handed out for a conceded game. Obviously, this should not apply if it's the conceding player that is holding the ball, only if it's in the hands of the winning team.

Alternative suggestion:

Allow concession only during your own turn. If you concede during the opponent's turn, the opponent can still finish his turn before the concession comes into effect (as if you had conceded at the beginning of your next turn).

Probably easier to implement and also doesn't grant you extra spp for something that only potentially happens, just because you have the ball.

Also, if your opponent disconnects during your turn, you should be allowed to finish your turn after the disconnection timer times out.

last edited by ugh

@ugh said in TD SPP for the player holding the ball when an opponent concedes:

Alternative suggestion:

Allow concession only during your own turn. If you concede during the opponent's turn, the opponent can still finish his turn before the concession comes into effect (as if you had conceded at the beginning of your next turn).

Probably easier to implement and also doesn't grant you extra spp for something that only potentially happens, just because you have the ball.

Also, if your opponent disconnects during your turn, you should be allowed to finish your turn after the disconnection timer times out.

Doesn't fix the problem. Scoring very often includes stalling, aka giving the opponent several turns to concede in time anyway.

@steave

It does if you're in scoring range when holding the ball, i.e. when in stalling mode. Then you can use your turn to score, if you're able to do so. If not, it might also not have worked in the other scenario, i.e. when the other player would not have conceded.

Also, you can use the turn to try to gather as many other SPP as you can by blocking and passing.

last edited by ugh

@ugh said in TD SPP for the player holding the ball when an opponent concedes:

@steave

It does if you're in scoring range when holding the ball, i.e. when in stalling mode. Then you can use your turn to score, if you're able to do so. If not, it might also not have worked in the other scenario, i.e. when the other player would not have conceded.

Also, you can use the turn to try to gather as many other SPP as you can by blocking and passing.

I take my turn 6 and run the ball 1 tile from the end zone, no one else is in blitz range. I pass the turn.
Opponent starts his turn by conceding. it is during his turn, so according to your proposed rules, the game ends immediately. I don't get to score.

@steave

True, then I amend my proposal to the following:

If a player concedes, it should have the same effect as if his only next action would be an 'End Turn' for the remainder of all of his remaining turns (including the one he is in if he is active).

The non-conceder could be allowed to either get one more turn or to play to the end of the half or even to the end of the game, though that would probably be considered too much farming in competitive leagues.

Simply holding the ball is definitely not a good enough criterion to award an additional 3 SPP over the 5 you get for the concede in my opinion.

Another alternative (though I don't like it as much personally): Allow the non-conceder the choice between the targeted 3SPP and the untargeted 5SPP.

@steave said in TD SPP for the player holding the ball when an opponent concedes:

I take my turn 6 and run the ball 1 tile from the end zone, no one else is in blitz range. I pass the turn.
Opponent starts his turn by conceding. it is during his turn, so according to your proposed rules, the game ends immediately. I don't get to score.

It's certainly a way to prevent stalling 😉

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.