PS5 - Cannot load PS4 saves due to DLC that was a Free Pre-Order..

This is pretty lame. I pre-ordered GreedFall on PS4, and with that, I got the Adventurer's Gear DLC for free. I got the PS5 Upgrade, but now in order to play my saves I need to BUY the Free DLC I got for pre-ordering?? This is not ok. If you got the DLC free before for pre-ordering, you should get it free on PS5, especially if it locks game saves out.
Fix this, Focus!!!

Hello @countz3r0! Can you please try to follow the following steps and let me know how it goes?

• Redownload it from your PS5 from the PS store where it should appear as “owned” and you can download it for free.
  • Make sure to do this before launching the upgraded version to avoid license / game launch issues.
  • Make sure to do this before migrating your saves from PS4 to PS5 to avoid save incompatibility issues.

I have the same problem. I hvae installed both version. PS4 version has the "adventure dlc" - PS5 version not. I can't download the DLC, because the PS5 shop doesn't recognize I already own the DLC ...

Me too! The PS4 disc version cannot play the migrated save files because the DLC is missing. The store didn't recognize that I already had it and I had to buy it again but I still cannot load the save files! Please fix this!!!

@Hecate The Adventurer's Gear DLC has never appeared as "Owned" for PS5. I checked it before I installed, and I saw a $2.99 price on it. This needs to be fixed. This is not ok, and it is not something I did wrong, as your support is gently suggesting.

I bought the DLC and it works. Thanx for nothing ... 😞

I just bought the adventure dlc even thought I already owned it on Ps4. The psn store dod not recognise that I already owned the dlc so had to buy it again... But it still tells me to buy the dlc for ps5 version. How can I fix this? Must I unistall ps4 version or reinstall ps5 version? Both are on my ps5 ssd. Did I acidentally buy the ps4 dlc again and not the ps5 version? I was on ps5 version of game when I bought it. Is this a glitch? And will it be patched?

You bought the DLC and it worked? How? I bought it again too but it doesn't even acknowledge it! Are you playing the PS4 version on PS5 or the PS5 version?

@Ksigri same problem with me. Ps4 version it works... But ps5 version it does not even acknowledge I bought it... And I bought it today. Second time. Since I bought it on ps4 last year already

@Ksigri When I play the PS4 version on my PS5 the DLC is acknowledged as "bought". It was not the case with the PS5 version of the game. After bying it again, it worked for me. So, I play the PS5 version, with the DLC and I can load my prevoiously imorted save files ...

I uninstalled both versions and only installed the ps5 version and reinstalled the dlc, but it still tells me that I need the additional dlc. This is definitely a glitch that needs to be patched. This also makes me not want to buy the expansion dlc, because it cannot garentee that it will even work. I bought the adventure dlc twice now. Once on ps4 and now on ps5, but it only works on ps4 version.

last edited by Celoleng