The PTS comes to Steam!

Howdy SnowRunners!

We have good news! The Public Test Server is now on Steam for the first time!

To access the PTS on Steam, go to your games library and right-click on SnowRunner > Properties > Betas and select the PTS in the list.

As a reminder, you'll find below the change notes of updates 15.0 and 15.1 of the PTS. Feedback is greatly appreciated, as always. 😄

[Update 15.0]

General additions

[DLC] Two new maps in the Don region

• Industrial Zone
  • Antonovsky Reservation

[DLC] Two new TATRA trucks

• TATRA Force T815-7
  • TATRA Phoenix

Free for all players

• New exterior stickers
  • Fully playable “immersive mode”: HUD elements such as gearbox and functions menu are hidden in this mode and only shown when a player uses them

Bug Fixes

Mods

• Fixed a bug where players got a missing mods message each time when they tried to load a game save in which some of the mods were deactivated
  • Improved error handling for the mod browser
  • Fixed a bug in the game editor where the borders of the zone for crafting were not displayed
  • Fixed a bug where the numbers were shown instead of the name of the mod map on the first load
  • The approximate amount of memory that mods will take is now displayed at the dev panel on the polygon
  • Added a hotkey for dev panel hide function on polygon

Hard Mode

• Fixed a bug where fuel canisters were instantly replenished after purchasing another addon in the garage
  • Fixed a bug where the player was unable to change 'Metric System' in the Settings menu during the normal game right after exiting a 'Hard Mode' game

Trucks

• Fixed a bug where the legs of some heavy semi-trailers could get stuck in the ground after purchasing it for the Tatra 813 truck
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to attach a trailer that required a saddle when the saddle was not equipped on the Tatra T813
  • Tweaked driver position for Tatra 805
  • Fixed a bug where rear wheels of trucks with articulated frames were displayed as not attached to frame after the save load
  • Fixed a bug where Heavy Crane was incorrectly mounted to Western Star 4964 in some cases
  • Fixed a bug where the 'Cat CT681' truck could not move if the suspension was completely broken and the suspension axle was lowered
  • Fixed a bug where fuel tank addon collided with fuel tank trailer on ZiKZ 5368
  • Improved back winch placement on Tatra 813
  • Improved gauge lights on GMC Brigadier

General fixes

• Fixed a bug where players were not able to load cement from Quarry for the task "Cement for the Region"
  • Fixed a bug where the "Turn on the engine on winched truck" option disappeared if the "C" button was bound to another button
  • Fixed a bug where in some cases selling a medium log trailer did not give any money
  • Fixed a bug where cargo did not appear on the map if the client activated the task while the host was on another map
  • Fixed a bug where the “Turn on/off engine” prompt displayed on the screen after entering and exiting the garage
  • Fixed a bug where garage sounds were played before loading was complete when player recovered to the garage from another level
  • Fixed a bug where in some cases items to deliver could be duplicated when the player restarted Orbital Velocity objective
  • Fixed a bug where too many cargos were listed in the task description of For Hard-to-reach Places objective
  • Fixed a bug where location marker was not displayed for BA-20 armored car during “The Price of Victory” contract
  • Fixed a bug where All-terrain tires got "mud-terrain" written and mud-terrain tires had "all-terrain" written on them.
  • Fixed a bug where the number of the flattened tires on the mini-map was incorrect when all 4 wheels were fully damaged
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to buy trailers if a car was packed on the platform of the truck
  • Fixed a bug where cargo could disappear during packing/unpacking of cargo at a certain position of the trailer
  • Fixed a bug where the "Model collector" achievement was not unlocked for some players
  • Fixed a bug where it was possible to equip seismic vibrator and metal detector at the same time on some vehicles

[Update 15.1]

Changes

Trucks

• Updated models, textures, and addons setup for TATRA Force and TATRA Phoenix
  • Added unique skin for Don 71

Modding

• Supported custom pictures for custom cargo

Bug Fixes

Controls

• Fixed a bug where control scheme “B” didn’t have a keybind for toggling the camera
last edited by Madorren

I own the year 2 pass but I can't load the new maps or buy the new trucks. Am I missing something?

@CosmicCuttlefish please contact us at snowrunner@saber3d.com and attach the screenshots showing the problem, we will investigate this issue.

I also own Year 2 Pass on Steam, just re-downloaded the entire game with PTS option and the Phase 5 doesn't load as well.

This might be due to Steam validating if the user has the certificate for owing the DLC or not, i'm searching for DLCs available on Steam Store and SteamDB websites, apparently there are no DLC related with Phase 5, in my theory, if the DLC manifest isn't active, PTS version will not load the testing content due to that certificate restriction.

And again, this is my theory. Doesn't mean I'm right... could be the issue!

--Edited--
For the sake of testing to figure what was going on, I had to restore cut DLC IDs with a dlc unlocker for phase 5 and its content to be loaded as it normally should.

In order to fix this, the DLC IDs needs to be restored and activated again.

last edited by AltSierra117

@Madorren Is crossplay available yet ?

@ukgamer808 between epic and steam, yes, we've been testing it yesterday, works good.

Loaded into the PTS on steam, booted the game up and when I loaded into my save game and two achievements unlocked. (Workaholic, and Aint` no rest for the trucker?) I hadn't completed the requirements for either achievement but they unlocked.

Also I couldn't access the Don map and the new Tatra trucks, even thou I have both season passes.

Also, my Steam profile picture wasn't loading in game.

Game doesnt see DON region including new tasks and other things.

After loading into the Steam PTS once and switching back to the live version my latest save game is not recognized any more due to an incompatibility issue.

Also the two new maps don't show up on the PTS even though I own the Season 2 Pass on Steam. The 2 new TATRA trucks aren't available either.

last edited by Alstafar

my pts keeps crashing on steam i just cant play the game when loading my saved game works fine in none pts

@ukgamer808 said in The PTS comes to Steam!:

Is crossplay available yet ?

You should be able to test it on the PTS (only available on Steam and EGS) 🙂

@Alstafar yep, savegame is being shared right now between stable and PTS version

once you go to PTS, you cant go back to stable version, so savegame got updated to version 15 and won't load in version 14

I reported via email also and they told me they were working to address it, so I think this is something that will be fixed in next versions

@DeXteRrBDN Thanks for the info, good to see that I'm not alone 🙂

Why beta still doesnt work on steam? Five days and no fix...

Thanks so much for immersive mode. Much nicer not having the HUD on screen all the time. Please revamp day/night time cycle. It cycles way to fast. Really sucks having to pause and change time every couple minutes.

@Zaprowsdower910 said in The PTS comes to Steam!:

Please revamp day/night time cycle. It cycles way to fast. Really sucks having to pause and change time every couple minutes.

The last time I checked, elapsed time is 1 hour in-game for ~3 minutes real time, so there are ~24 minutes of night and ~48 minutes of day. If your game day only lasts "a couple minutes", something is wrong with your game, and you should get that on video and file a bug report.

Note that there is a bug where continuing a game doesn't pick up at the time of day you closed the game, but rather the last time you did "something important" like a region change or certain garage activities. I recommend doing a region change in the morning (just change back and forth) if you feel that the game always drops you late in the day when you start.

last edited by mendel

@mendel said in The PTS comes to Steam!:

there is a bug where continuing a game doesn't pick up at the time of day you closed the game

really annoying in hard mode

When you will fix PTS on steam 😕

Looks like PTS was removed on Steam. Just downloaded a patch that put me back on the live branch without actually opting out of the beta branch.