Entire Campaign Vanished

The computer shut down momentarily and once up and running again logged back into the task I was about to complete (delivering the third of three large pipes in the Factory Lands of Don) only to find that the entire campaign that had been going on since Michigan had vanished.
KSIVA:p:ee10a as at 1630 ACST
Normally in the event of a power outage, once the power is back on, we can resume from the point of disruption. Not so in this case unfortunately-a thousand hours or so gone up in smoke. Not happy Jan.

@mendel Sabre, about a month after first release.

@Xenomethean said in Entire Campaign Vanished:

@mendel Sabre, about a month after first release.

Does this mean you have the Epic Game Store version for PC?

in that case, make a copy of %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage\backupSlots
and then you can see if there's a CompleteSave.dat in there that you can use to restore your progress. (The actual save game folder is the folder in base\storage with the random string of letters and digits.)

@mendel Yes, the Epic Store download and PTS a day or two later.

Is there a difference between base and PTS save game locations? I don't want to stuff up my base game by playing around with files.

@Xenomethean Right, sorry, I didn't notice the forum you posted this in.

I'm not really certain you should be relying on a 1000-hour campaign on a testing server, that thing is neither guaranteed to stay available not guaranteed not to break things.

For the PTS, the savegame folder is in SnowRunnerBeta, so

%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\SnowRunnerBeta\base\storage

and you'll also find the backup slots for the PTS there.

last edited by mendel

I had at exactly the same point a crash yesterday. But in for me only some hours were lost.
You can be very glad its your first crash in Snowrunner. I lost a lot of saves over the last year.