Steam PTS - Incompatible saves

Hello PTS Runners!

Due to an unforseen issue, Steam saves on the PTS are not compatible with the live version of the game. Returning to the live branch after playing on the PTS will result in issues with the save.

If you are planning to use the PTS on Steam, please create a backup of your save files beforehand, or wait until this issue is resolved to play on the PTS.

Thanks for your understanding.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Will PTS saves work when season 5 goes public?

@Din_Plug They should (but better do backup anyway), but I don't think it is good idea to play until public releases.

I lost all of my progress with the trials on the main menu by doing this back-n-forth with the pts. Is there a way to get them back ?

Sans titre.jpg

last edited by DJbarro

@DJbarro try to switch to PTS again, trials should be there again, are they?

the savegame is updated to version 15, so when you switch to version 14, game cannot show your save slots/trials, but files are still there, so if you switch to PTS, they reappear

I suggest putting a version number in the save file so you can check the saved version with the "load save" function. So you know in advance whether the save is compatible with the current game version.

@DeXteRrBDN Thanks for the advice, but yesterday I found another way to get them back.

@DJbarro said in Steam PTS - Incompatible saves:

@DeXteRrBDN Thanks for the advice, but yesterday I found another way to get them back.

what do you mean? did you manage to restore savegames (without using a backup) to stable version?

@DeXteRrBDN no

I found their status (isfinished true or false) in one of the save file.
I just changed the value of false to true.
Only doable on PC of course.

Which I would have read your hint before doing my thing, I would have tried it first !!

@DJbarro I tried it, But it did not work for me. I still got the same error.

last edited by Scopias

Is there any update on the issues or a time scale for a possible fix, I fell into the trap of installing the PTS to have a gander and now my original save wont load at all, and as I have cloud saves on I don't have access to any backups or save the file to edit. Love the game but at the mo I'm totally handicapped and can't play at all without starting again and losing my 90 hour save.

To everyone that plays on Steam, best you can do without corrupting your saves once you've loaded PTS, is to wait for full release of Season 5 on non-beta version. From my experience of moving saves between different versions on Epic, saves used to be fully compatible after PTS ended. Since PTS got the bugs itself, it's best not to play or load your save games at all, since it may contain bugs that might broke things further down when switched to non-beta version.

Any progress on the save game fix?

Are you guys working on a fix in order to recover the Save dated because like me and the others did not expect this to happen when opting into the pts.

Can we please get an update on whether or not there will be a fix for this? I have more than 200 hours of play time on my main save. I'm currently unable to play because of this problem. I haven't played for a week because my save is stuck in limbo.

Can we get an official response as to whether or not this problem will resolve itself when the new content is released?

I'm very frustrated by this. Some sort of official communication would be much appreciated.