Match Making Fail

Consonantly playing matches 30-40 TV down in Ladder ,matches are over b-4 then begin.Not sure is this is being addressed.

30-40TV down, so a whole 1 or 2 skills?

The SHOCK!!! The HORROR!!! Won't anyone thing of the children?

@darkson said in Match Making Fail:

30-40TV down, so a whole 1 or 2 skills?

The SHOCK!!! The HORROR!!! Won't anyone thing of the children?

Are you just a professional asshole? clearly he meant 300-400. Maybe offer some advice instead of being an asshole, and help the community grow instead of shaming players away from the game? It's bad enough that our head admin for pc is the biggest dick, you don't need to add to it.

Honestly, why is every post answered with negative dickishness from you and dode instead of an attempt to have conversations?

@dode74 I'd call 4/20 matches pretty constantly. Maybe actually offer him some advice and make your post useful?

@KidCrestHill
Inducements can't make up for tv, they aren't meant to really. But they can make matches better, if you choose the RIGHT inducements. Look at the opponents team to determine which inducements are most likely to help. If they seem reliant on a handful of leveled players while the rest seem unleveled, consider bribes. If they have a lot of hard hitters, an extra apoth can keep you in the game longer. Wizards are great for a single turn, but their usefulness is unpredictable... consider getting one only if there isn't a more obvious choice. well chosen star players can swing a match, though they might eat up some of your needed spp's. Try picking ones that directly counter what you see on the enemy roster. I favor Helf's for example, so Moranion is great when I see a lot of dodge, Sidewinder when guard is rampant, Buffy Zara for taking out ghouls and other undead annoyances, etc. Every team has a few stars that can counter enemy teams main playstyle to a point, so consider carefull whether to get one (remember when calcing the cost, that they are also an extra warm body... meaning they are as good as an apoth in terms of keeping equal numbers on the pitch. I am sure there are better players than me who can give better inducement advice, but I've had some luck with inducements helping make up these gaps.

@gatorlover said in Match Making Fail:

Are you just a professional asshole?

No, I don't get paid for it. Are you a professional thread necromancer?

If he meant 300-400 then he is obviously lying (or at least, vividly overstating), as shown by the screenshot provided.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

@gatorlover said in Match Making Fail:

@dode74 I'd call 4/20 matches pretty constantly. Maybe actually offer him some advice and make your post useful?

Then you and I have very different versions of "constantly". My post is useful because it gives context to the complaint. Also, I see 3 with >300TV difference. To expect no matches with that sort of TV difference is unrealistic.

Matches with that sort of TV difference are not "over before they are begun". In a TV+ environment a 400TV difference puts the match 60-40 in favour of the high-TV team (based on the data), which is far from insurmountable odds.

last edited by dode74

@dode74

And one that is 270. With his last two being 370 and 270, I get why he feels that way

No your post was not useful. Your post is part of the poison that has stagnated this game. Instead of encouraging the new player with ideas, you decided to shame him on a semantical argument. The decision to make you head admin with your dick attitude, over the more personable admins who have the ability to reply to complaints kindly, is a large part of why this community stays steady rather than growing.

"Matches with that sort of TV difference are not "over before they are begun"."

I know this, and you know this. New players, however, haven't yet learned how to cope with this. The fact that you can be such a raging asshole to so many new players and then justify yourself is exactly what I am talking about. If instead you would just try some civil conversation and kind teaching, he's still be playing. When the head admin for the official league shits on new players,. new players just stop trying this awesome game.

I'm well aware of the hundreds of resources to learn about this game. But a new player, who bought the game and uses the forums as the first place he looks, should be directed to these resources, not told to shut up based on a small exaggeration of a problem he is having. Seriously, you are an admin, start acting like one.

@Darkson

It was the top thread at the time I replied, if it was necro'd, it was by someone else who since deleted (or had an admin delete) their post. I do not however you don't deny the fact that you reply like an asshole instead of actually trying to help a new player. How about stop replying to new players complaints and let those with some decency do so, so we can encourage rather than scare off people wanting to get into the game?

last edited by Gatorlover

TIL applying some facts to a contextless statement is "being a raging asshole".

Adding context is, despite your whining, useful for everyone taking part. Had the OP come back with something after the facts were made straight I could have explained the situation to him more thoroughly but, given he did not, I didn't see much point.

As an aside, your post reads as if you have a personal beef with me (not that I particularly care) and, since you were the first (and only) one to fire off an ad hominem in this thread I suggest that there's only one person here making the thread toxic and it's not me. Your history of being repeatedly banned from these forums would support that.

@dode74

you seem very confused, I wasn't the one complaining. I was pointing out how big a dick you were being to the new player who WAS complaining. I was pointing out how easy it would have been to help that player instead of just being rude to them

last edited by Gatorlover

Look, the OP came here stating that he was "constantly" getting games 300-400TV (I assume 30-40 is a typo) down. Constantly means "continuously or always" and the data I offered shows that is not the case. We know that perception biases can lead to the occasional bit of bad luck as seeming like it happening all the time, and the data I offered was to provide the context and possibly dispel any such bias. If, given the real information, the OP still thought it was too much then it might be worthwhile adding tips etc. As it stands all we have is a complaint from the OP that suggests something is happening more than it should and "needs" to be addressed. So while you can attempt to white knight for all those newbies who, in your imagination, are apparently being scared away, perhaps it might be worth you taking a breath and not being offended when someone offers real information to help clarify a situation.

last edited by dode74

For completeness' sake, it should be noted that the TV difference displayed in goblin spy does not take the actual TV difference into account, but the difference of the TV-before-journeymen (i.e. the TV displayed in the game before a match actually starts).

Thus, there can be large differences from what is being displayed in the actual match-TV-difference which could have lead to the seemingly wrong impression of the OP.

Unfortunately, I know of no easy (automatic) way to get to the TV-with-journeymen and it doesn't seem to be provided by the stats about a match from the game.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.