Grand strategy type campaign

GW! stop retonning your lore into a worse version!

man i wish someone would recreate the magic of Star wars Empire at war

its no total war, but the feeling of managing what your shipyard fleet construction and where they were positionned on the ''map'' was amazing, i still play it again from time to time

the empire's galatic conquest is such a treat,

when you spawn a couple capital ship and dispach your onboard bomber to destroy the shield gens before the main bulk of the assault gets off hyperspace is simply awesome

i really wish tindalos would make such a galactic conquest mod, warhammer fit so well in it and BFG:A is such a good game to get immersed in

@hjalfnar_hgv said in Grand strategy type campaign:

@kadaeux As far as I know the whole shaman thing is not the official background anymore. The Emperor is just the most powerful human perpetual of all times, according to John Grammaticus. Probably the very first human one.

Nope. It's 100% still there. Grammaticus is far from well informed, the issue there is no character in 40k or 30k knows basically anything about the Emperor, and that's by design. Why does nobody actually know the Emperor's name? We were told quite explicitly it's because names have power.

@ashardalon said in Grand strategy type campaign:

GW! stop retonning your lore into a worse version!

They don't actually. People are quick to claim Retcons, but they forget that GW and Black Library's official canon policy is that it is all canon. It is all truth, lies, misdirection, propaganda, distorted information and so on and so forth. Official GW policy is basically a shrug. The only thing close to ever being official retcons (And were stated as being such) were

A: The Grey Knights murdering Sisters of Battle for "extra protection"
B: The Dolmen Gate nonsense. and
C: Those few novels the Black Library officially declared "heretic tomes" because they were so old and so divergent from the main 40k stuff it was decided they were to be officially non-canonised.

@kadaeux said in Grand strategy type campaign:

@hjalfnar_hgv said in Grand strategy type campaign:

@kadaeux As far as I know the whole shaman thing is not the official background anymore. The Emperor is just the most powerful human perpetual of all times, according to John Grammaticus. Probably the very first human one.

Nope. It's 100% still there. Grammaticus is far from well informed, the issue there is no character in 40k or 30k knows basically anything about the Emperor, and that's by design. Why does nobody actually know the Emperor's name? We were told quite explicitly it's because names have power.

kindof want to mention that the oldest craftworld eldar, the farseer but forgot his name, mentions in one book that he learned the emperors name during negotiations
also mentioned that he would never share it with anyone
but if he didnt die since then there is one person in the galaxy that does know His name