We've noticed that a lot of you are asking similar questions, and so that we answer all of them in one easy way, we decided to put together a post answering them all! Please find the most commonly asked questions below, but if you have any that aren't covered here, please let us know.
The Spintires: MudRunner team.
Will there be mod support on consoles?
The first goal of the team at Saber was to bring the Spintires experience to consoles in a new improved version. Releasing the best possible base game was the first priority. Now the goal is to fix the last remaining technical issues and bring some of the most requested features in the game (wheel support on consoles and working mirrors in cockpit view are on the list).
We hear your requests about mods on consoles and we understand them. They won't be available in the short run on PS4 and Xbox One. But we plan to support Spintires: MudRunner in the long run and we'll develop future updates with community feedback in mind.
Will there be Spintires: MudRunner DLC?
- Yes, at this time, we have released two free DLC - The Valley and The Ridge, and will be releasing a new expansion called American Wilds later this year. You can read more about American Wilds here.
Is there an official Spintires: MudRunner Discord channel?
- Yes! Access it here.
Does Spintires: MudRunner require an online connection?
No, you won't need to be online to play the game. You'll need to activate it only once, but once done, the only time you'll need to connect is to download patches and updates.
Does Spintires: MudRunner have first-person
Yes! Spintires: MudRunner supports cockpit mode!
Does Spintires: MudRunner have multi-USB support, for wheels, pedals and gearsticks?
- Yes, on PC. The game supports wheels, pedals and gearsticks, even if they are seperate devices.
Will consoles be able to use wheels/pedals/gearshifts?
- Yes, we support wheels/pedals and gearshifts on consoles. More information about peripheral support in Spintires: MudRunner can be found here.
Do you support multiplayer saves?
- Yes, Spintires: MudRunner supports multiplayer saves.
Will there be cross-platform play?
- At this time, we don't plan to support cross-platform play.
What is real-time mud?
- Muddy terrain, rivers, and other obstacles all realistically react to the weight and movement of your vehicle, thanks to the game's advanced physics engine. "Real-time mud" is the term we came up with to summarize all this!
Is there PC Mod support?
- Yes, of course!
Are you able to change time of day?
- Yes, in Casual mode you will be able to skip night at the cost of fuel.
Will Spintires: MudRunner have VR support?
- This is a feature that isn't currently planned for Spintires: MudRunner
Will lights, sound and mud be synced in multiplayer?
- Due to technical constraints of the game engine, we don't have the ability to implement multiplayer light, sound and mud sync at this time.
Will there be a map editor?
- Yes, on PC. As we will not be supporting mods on consoles, there also will not be a map editor on consoles either.
Is this a re-release of Spintires?
- Spintires: MudRunner is the ultimate version of Spintires. Developed not only for PC but also for the first time for PS4 and Xbox One. It's a huge upgrade over its predecessor, as this edition comes complete with "a brand new Sandbox Map joining the original game's 5 environments, a total graphical overhaul, a new Challenge mode with 9 new dedicated maps, 13 new vehicles and other comprehensive improvements." Original Spintires players on Steam will get 50% off MudRunner as a loyalty discount up until the release of American Wilds on October 23rd.
Will there be a Nintendo Switch version?
- Yes! Spintires: MudRunner will be coming to Nintendo Switch in 2018.
Can you clarify the involvement of Pavel in Spintires: MudRunner?
- Pavel Zagrebelny, the creator of the original Spintires, is back at Saber Interactive as vision holder and lead developer on Spintires: MudRunner, and therefore, is fully involved in the project.
Focus Home (we) will be the ones publishing it, so we'll be releasing it, handling future updates (along with the dev team) and distributing it, too.
What will be the recommended settings/specs?
- The recommended settings for Spintires: MudRunner should be very similar to the original game, but may change as we get closer to release.
Do you plan to support Mac and Linux?
- At this time, we don't plan to support Mac and Linux with Spintires: MudRunner.
Will there be vehicle customisation?
- No. This means that you won't be able to add decals, change vehicle colours, or add rim spinners. Rest assured that you will be able to modify vehicles with log bays, trailers, and other modifications as you could in the original Spintires.
How will deliveries be handled?
- Deliveries will work the same way that they always have.
What framerate will Spintires: MudRunner run at?
- Locked to 30fps on consoles, locked to 60fps on PC.
Will there be 4k compatibility on consoles?
- We’re in discussions to bring PS4 Pro and Xbox One X features to the game, but we have nothing to confirm yet.
What languages will be available?
- At release, Spintires: MudRunner will be playable in 8 languages - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian and Polish.
Will there be tracked vehicles?
- This is not currently planned.
Will you support dedicated servers?
- This is not currently planned.