Answering Frequently Asked Questions

What is true meaning of "no cockpit camera" statement?

1. Will be there just "flying around the truck" kind of view
    or
  2. there will be that "sitting on the roof" kind of view (which ISN'T cockpit view therefore it can't be called so)
    ?
    Even when it isn't proper "real kind of stuff for true realism and simulation and simulator etc", I quite like it.
    Actually some of mod vehicles use it as cockpit cam and due to a lack of FOV and not so comfy moving with camera, it was like driveing while looking thru a letterbox.
    In the end, "roof-view" was most useful...

@Sodoma

Agree with this. Even if there is still no cockpit view, I find roof view very handy for getting through tight spaces.

@Iyagovos

Hello.

First of all I'm very happy to see that this IP is in good hands regarding it's future.

Question: Is it possible to rework the visual model of the winch line to a more realistic one instead of the current grey spaghetti noodle we currently have? Would add a bit more immersion to the game.

@Hentaisocial
I've seen a lot of complaints like this one in the past few days. You guys are missing the point here. This isn't supposed to be a new game. These guys are basically taking over where oovee abandoned the game 2 years ago. This is the best thing that could happen for this game, it will hopefully get the attention it deserves now. And it won't be entirely up to the modders to keep this game going anymore. If it wasn't for the modders this game would have died out a long time ago. I'm just glad to see there is a team behind it now that actually cares.

@Sodoma They said there will be a view from the cabin with an animated steering wheel (which in the original Spintires was not rotating).

So In Single Player we won't have the ability to freeze time to either night or day? & Will we also not be able to turn off fuel so we can just off road & not worry about running out? And last if you unlock clocking points will they stay unlocked forever even if you go to a new map?

@JDog This supose to be a simulator -> real as possible (in reasonable way)
Somebody worked hard on day/night or even chaging of weather conditions. That is how world works.

But don't be sad, as you can turn on "god mod" in most FPS, cheating in here will be surely possible here as well...

@jon Yep!!! I wish & hope they eventually add all vehicles & maps on pc to console.

@Sodoma Well it would be nice if we can at least turn off damage in single player on console but I've got a feeling most cool features like this won't come to console Just pc.

@Iyagovos So in Single player on console we won't have the ability to freeze time to either night or day also when you unlock clocking points will they stay unlocked forever even if you go to a new map? And can we turn off fuel & damage? And last would it be possible in the future to add all maps & vehicles from pc to console?

Can we ever expect to see synced mud, lights, drivers and more players in multiplayer or is the simply a limitation of the game. Would be great to be able to have all these features as it would make MP way more enjoyable.

@Hazzard It was already said somwhere, its unlikely. Too deep problem for coding. RoughRider mentioned that I think.
It's sad, that can improve MP a LOT...

Hello. First I'd like to say that I'm very happy with these news about a new Spintires version.

I like to play simulation mode and I'd to know if is a possibility to include some diferents kinds of material to carry, like sand, rocks. To give the game diferents goals?
I like to logging, but I believe that it's gone be more playable if we have diferents missions and challenges.

Well, the game has limitations.

Yes, it has, but still... Seting up three different types of load and rule "cargo A just from A loading point to A objective" can't be that difficult, does it? Just imagine those possibilities for map-makers. I personally love maps with backstory...

My hope is that in Oct we get a great running game that touches up some of the current bugs/issues and offers updates and support for a few months, then in the hands of a new development team/publisher perhaps creating a true second spintires starting from scratch with a new engine that would enable much more possibilities for the game.

Sodoma, that isn't very hard actually. I was just talking about the guys who are talking about MP sync.

@Sodoma said in Answering Frequently Asked Questions:

Yes, it has, but still... Seting up three different types of load and rule "cargo A just from A loading point to A objective" can't be that difficult, does it? Just imagine those possibilities for map-makers. I personally love maps with backstory...

Yes Sodoma, that is exactly I think, with small improvements on resources avaliable in game can give us lot of possibilities.