I am new to the modding scene and I have come across an error

@joridiculous Thank you for your help here. I find this software easy to use and quick to use due to its simularity to the CAD softwares that I use.

@architectwilliam said in I am new to the modding scene and I have come across an error:

@iyagovos I have resolved all the issues, I only have questions now

• How do I add more than one Materials without it being weird with the first one

• How would I go at making custom models such as Signage (IK I can Google this Easily)

How did you resolve the issue with the stock models not rendering in-game @ArchitectWilliam ?
I'd like to fix this on my maps as well...

@mexican_420 I cleared the meshes,textures,models files and reinstalled the custom ones. I dont know if that fixed it but it fixed after that for me at least.

@digital-x I am having trouble getting the custom model i made to load it it said it cant find the right document and xmlnode something

@architectwilliam

XML| Can't open XML classes/models/Bypass_Sign.X: cant Locate root XML Node ModelBrand
XML| Cant open XML classes/model/Bypass_Sign.xml: Cant locate root XML Node ModelBrand

Edit: Corrected the XML File

last edited by ArchitectWilliam

@architectwilliam Fixed the Issue, just trying to figure out how to texture the thing havent done anything like this before.

Edit: Unable to select the model in the editor

Did you reset the Xform of the object? Does the model show in the model list, but appear blank?

At the top of the editor along the bar click the red "resources" button and try again.

@digital-x I dont see it at all no name no image

Edit: I think i did reset the XForm I am not sure. it confuses me a bit.

Edit: XML:Cant load 'meshes/models/direct_sign.xml': Error Parsing Start Element Tag

OK I'll break it down see if this helps.

In the Media Folder:

Classes>Models <object name.xml>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ModelBrand>
<PhysicsModel>
<Body Collisions="Dynamic" Friction="0.8"/>
</PhysicsModel>
</ModelBrand>

Meshes>Models <object name>.X and <object name.xml>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CombineXMesh Type="Model">
<Material
Type="matte"
DiffuseMap="models/wall.png"

>
</Material>

</CombineXMesh>

Does that make sense?

Take the .x object (the physical model you made in .x format) and place THAT in meshes>models inside the Media folder. Does your model have a collision? "cdt" ? Copy the object you made in the Editor and name it cdt then save, and highlight the two selections, and select "export both" or the equivalent of what program you use.

@digital-x Yeah, I think i was missing the first half with the class folder.

yeah I made sure it has a cdt attached to it

Sweet, let me know how it goes mate.

Add me on Steam: digitalxak might be quicker.