Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition - Angels of Vengeance
Community Manager

Greeting Brothers,

As we get closer to the release of Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition, we'll showcase some of the new content coming to PS4 and PC May 22.

In your missions in the Space Hulk Olethros, solo or online cooperative multiplayer with up to four players, the Enhanced Edition brings a deep class customization to unlock armour and weapon skins, attachments, perks and more for aesthetic and gameplay customization.

See below a first glimpse of the various Terminator armor available for the Heavy class:

Youtube Video

One of the sets of armor available for all classes is the Angels of Vengeance Terminator armor.

The Angels of Vengeance is a Loyalist Chapter of Space Marines and a Second Founding Successor Chapter of the Dark Angels.

Created during the Second Founding, the Angels of Vengeance have retained the original black colour-scheme of the Dark Angels. Regarded as some of the most stubborn fighters of the Imperium of Man, these Space Marines have risked the future of their chapter many times, by throwing themselves in the most dire situations, and refusing to retreat even when their chances were almost nil.

0_1524054397614_Angels_of_Vengeance_02.jpg

The Angels of Vengeance embody the stubborn devotion of the original Dark Angels Legion above all else, with this trait bordering on single-mindedness. It is also said that the Angels of Vengeance are unrelenting in their persecution of foes to the Imperium, maintaining not only an extreme hatred of Xenos but an even more fanatical disdain for traitors and Chaos Space Marines.

The Chapter's future has been put in jeopardy several times, beginning with their depletion in the Forgotten Wars. More recently, in the aftermath of the Siege of Apolis their losses were so heavy that the Chapter was forced to spend a century rebuilding itself before it could be deployed for battle once more. The Chapter, like all of the Unforgiven, has close ties to the Dark Angels.

0_1524053765683_Angels_of_Vengeance_01.jpg

The Chapter has two Companies that are dedicated to hunting the Fallen and are modeled after the Dark Angels' Deathwing and Ravenwing. They are the Terminator-armoured Dreadwing and the mobile Raptorwing Companies.

We can't wait to see you in the Space Hulk with your friends as a squad of Terminator-armoured Dreadwing!

Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition arrives for PlayStation 4 and PC on May 22, 2018. http://spacehulk-deathwing.com/shop

last edited by Iyagovos

Awesome stuff! On another note, is there a way to add this screenshot editor thing in the game?! I would spend hours making badass poses 😃

Community Manager

@valrak said in Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition - Angels of Vengeance:

Awesome stuff! On another note, is there a way to add this screenshot editor thing in the game?! I would spend hours making badass poses 😃

I'm not sure it will be easy to make available for players, sadly. I'll ask.

Camera/Photo modes are becoming more common in games nowadays. Given how great Deathwing looks, it definitely deserves one.

Streum On Team

@valrak said in Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition - Angels of Vengeance:

Interesting idea! That's going in today's feedback report 👍

last edited by StreumOn - F8

@netheos thanks for this great description Netheos ! We can't wait to play with amazing stuff! Does playing successors chapters will influence on gameplay too or only visual customisation ? (which is already great ! ^^)

I'd like to see a screenshot tool or ability to view saved replays etc i mentioned this years ago.
When me and my friends played the original ghost recon we would spend a lot of time watching and reviewing our games from cool camera angles. All there needs to be is a "free camera" and a "save replay" button at the end of missions and a menu item to view saved ones.

https://forums.focus-home.com/assets/uploads/files/1524054381818-angels_of_vengeance_02-resized.jpg

Groovy. So. How do we get the sword as an offhand weapon paired with a bolter? It'd be soo much fun.
New_loadouts.dlc ? 🙂

Let me +10000 the ask for an ingame picture taker. Or even just an external character view while in game so we can use our existing F12 or Screenshot functionality (Steam or nVidia for example)

Like others, I would spend forever creating awesome looking shots.

Plus, when you've level'd up and are rocking your new pimp gear you wanna see it sometimes 🙂

Community Manager

@astartesultra said in Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition - Angels of Vengeance:

@netheos thanks for this great description Netheos ! We can't wait to play with amazing stuff! Does playing successors chapters will influence on gameplay too or only visual customisation ? (which is already great ! ^^)

The main "skin" of the armour doesn't impact the gameplay, although you can add adornments, displayed on the armour, and they have gameplay impact.

@netheos yes thank you Netheos, that's very cool! But when i saw the great picture in tweeter of the terminator from angels of vengeance chapter, i was wondering if, for example, a specific class of this chapter would be abble to uses bolter mark IV and a powersword. Would be really amazing!

last edited by AstartesUltra

Will the Enhanced Edition allow you to play coop while still seeing the story portions of the game such as cutscenes? I heard that the original game stripped that stuff out when playing multiplayer and that really bums me out because I want to play this through with a friend but I don't want to miss the story elements.

@johndotpizza said in Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition - Angels of Vengeance:

Will the Enhanced Edition allow you to play coop while still seeing the story portions of the game such as cutscenes? I heard that the original game stripped that stuff out when playing multiplayer and that really bums me out because I want to play this through with a friend but I don't want to miss the story elements.

@Netheos I'd really appreciate a response on this!

Given that the story elements are not present in Chapters 1 to 9 when playing multiplayer in the current version I cannot see them being in EE as effectively they stop game-play
The maps and objective order is identical to single player and multiplayer Chapters 1 to 9 it is just that the cut scenes are not there

last edited by Woodcot3

@woodcot3 said in Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition - Angels of Vengeance:

Given that the story elements are not present in Chapters 1 to 9 when playing multiplayer in the current version I cannot see them being in EE as effectively they stop game-play
The maps and objective order is identical to single player and multiplayer Chapters 1 to 9 it is just that the cut scenes are not there

That's exactly the problem. I want to experience the story with my friend. We'll be missing out on the cutscenes entirely and would have to find them on YouTube or something afterwards if they aren't present in coop. We're 40k fans so we're in it for the story as much as the gameplay.

I understand why they are not there in multiplayer so playing through the campaign cooperatively would certainly be a nice touch for sure... i think the devs missed a trick there for sure

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.