Two (or more) question re new bug feats of an editor and game:

First: How do you delete "Mods" permanently from folder and editor? (the stuff in \Media_mods)

And.., to get my Map to work in "new" game, how? I rebuild in "New" editor and the game Still say its "old version".

@joridiculous said in Two (or more) question re new bug feats of an editor and game::

First: How do you delete "Mods" permanently from folder and editor? (the stuff in \Media_mods)

And.., to get my Map to work in "new" game, how? I rebuild in "New" editor and the game Still say its "old version".

First: If it's a mod that you've uploaded to the workshop, you would need to delete it from the workshop too. Because if there's a file in the workshop, even if it's blank/empty(0.000MB), that corresponds to a folder in Media \ _mods, it will automatically repopulate that folder in Media \ _mods if deleted.

And..., I don't know why that would be. But it concerns me. So I'm going to check and see if my map works still or not. I haven't tried it recently. :FingersCrossed:

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy Thank you! That worked.. Even though i newer uploaded anything to WS..

btw: It is trying to play a "manually installed" map.

Its is really stupid. I got the same error trying to go to Proving ground .. https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/6249/the-newer-ending-broken-missing-or-old-version-bullcrap/2

last edited by joridiculous

@joridiculous Yeah, just creating a new mod/_mod folder plants a file for it in the workshop. Whether you upload anything or not.

I ran into a problem trying to get my map to work too. I had to delete some models that I got from one of the custom map objects packs you can find on other sites. Now it works in the game again. No big loss. But I'd really like to know how/why those models still work in the editor. WTF is up with that? Man...it's ALWAYS SOMETHING with this goddamn game. I'm getting pretty effing sick and tired of it. 😠

BTW the proving ground still works for me. With the latest game version and STM 1.7.1.

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy Yeah, im pretty fed up. Im sticking to ver_18_01_29b and STM 1.6.10a ..
At least i can play my own map and other non WS mess.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.