Banned. Don't understant

Hello, Don't know how to reach referee so i ask here

I was in the Col as usual, ork team this season 5-3-1 average. And connecting today i'm banned.

I can see no reason on my side quite strange, can someone help.

My team was "Komrad Skad". Did not leave any match with them. Leaved with 2 others team to reset bad start.

Plz contact me. This pseudo is not my real one IG

Thx

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

Hello Derien,

We're sorry about that, there was a glitch in the system and it caused you to be banned and your teams removed. I have unbanned your account from the league however you will need to create a new fresh team to rejoin the ladder.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience.

VG Purist
CCL Administrator

Don't worry, even though it was a human error (it has to be, dode said elsewhere it was all done manually) you shouldn't expect them to admit to it, let alone apologize for the mistake (the inconvenience? Own your problem and tell us how you will ensure it doesn't happen again). That isn't how they do things.

They banned me too, then undid it, but no actual fix or compensation for banning a high ranking team right at the end of the season. they think getting to add a brand new team at the end is the same as having your old team with a great record.

last edited by Theadminscheated

@Theadminscheated said in Banned. Don't understant:

Don't worry, even though it was a human error (it has to be, dode said elsewhere it was all done manually) you shouldn't expect them to admit to it, let alone apologize for the mistake (the inconvenience? Own your problem and tell us how you will ensure it doesn't happen again). That isn't how they do things.

While you're probably right about it being human error, the post above you does apologize for the error. I'm not sure what more you would expect... hanging a specific person out to dry for making the error? Flogged in the public square? An afternoon in the pillory with one ear nailed? Deleted will still be deleted.

They banned me too, then undid it, but no actual fix or compensation for banning a high ranking team right at the end of the season. they think getting to add a brand new team at the end is the same as having your old team with a great record.

There's no fix for deletion, and the competition moderators can't create custom teams with any team editor to replace anything that was deleted. What sort of compensation do you really imagine you're owed? This isn't a mistake made by Cyanide/Focus, it's almost certainly a volunteer moderator making a mistake. It's a bummer, but it is what it is.

Besides, this season has no end-of-season tournament so... it's not like anyone is working toward anything tangible.

Well ok

Thx for unbanning, and reply quickly too.

Try not to ban me next time 😃

The teams weren't deleted just removed.

there is a fix for that, but it would take some work by the mods and inconvenience. The league could be changed temporarily to invite, invites could be sent to the affected teams. You'd want to email the teams ahead of time to let them know

It may not have a tournament, but it will still announce end of season winners. I was only rank 60 or so, but a few more wins and I coulda been in contention for the mention on the champions thread.

Might seem like no big deal, but to me it is.

Possible other options- some sort of small award to the players affected. some cyans, or some forum flair. something acknowledging the player was unfairly hurt.

Adding the teams removed who were in the top 100 to the season champions list as honorable mentions. Some players, like me, actually do care about dumb things like that.

An actual personal apology from the one responsible. Not generic crap about invoncenience. They emailed the ban letter, they can email an apology to the players too.

Some other meaningless award would be fine. its more about acknowledging the mistake rather than calling it a glitch to disown it then anything else.

Nobody is disowning anything: a mistake was made which resulted in the teams being removed from the league. Anyone who has had anything to do with accident investigation knows full well that there are many contributory and causal factors involved in most cases, and this is one of those: there are things that people at every level, from Cyanide downwards, could have done to prevent this from happening. With that in mind, no individual will be coming forward to "take responsibility" because we are all responsible at some level and as a group we apologise for the inconvenience.

That said, the admin team has also worked to identify one of the main causal factors at our end (the way old information was being kept) and we have altered our system to prevent this kind of mistake from happening again.

@dode74

But of course, players affected just get the middle finger, amiright? "sorry we fucked up, screw you, we have your money so we don't care"?

But of course, players affected just get the middle finger, amiright?

@crazyguy_co said in Champion Ladder grievance:

The more you repeat a false statement, the less false it becomes amiright?

Careful, champ.. using unique colloquialisms is a dead giveaway, even if we ignore you using dashes instead of colons, and the account having been created the day after your most recent post with your last duplicate 😉

But, y'know... keep pretending this is about a legitimate grievance instead of a childish vendetta!

@VoodooMike

It sounds like you missed me, and thought I was gone?

My team wasn't affected, but its safe to assume yours was? Which is why you made another troll alt to argue with?

@dode74

But of course, players affected just get the middle finger, amiright? "sorry we fucked up, screw you, we have your money so we don't care"?

I don't have your money, so I've no idea what you are on about. We've offered an apology and that's the limit of the admin team's capability here.

last edited by dode74

@Gatorlover said in Banned. Don't understant:

It sounds like you missed me, and thought I was gone?

Heh, I had no illusions that you were gone, I'm just impressed you created yet another dupe because you were getting ready for that one to be banned too. Not so impressed that you haven't learned to cover your tracks (or even to stop chaining one dupe after the next in close chronological order) but given that @netheos seems to have given up killing your accounts it's probably a waste of time.

I mean, unless you're trying to pretend there are multiple vocal malcontents running around?

My team wasn't affected, but its safe to assume yours was? Which is why you made another troll alt to argue with?

Nope, never been kicked out of CCL for any reason. I also don't argue relevant things with you once I identify your latest dupe account because you change your supposed viewpoints from dupe to dupe in order to maximize your ability to fight with CCL moderators, Focus, or me - the people you blame for the original ban on @crazyguy_co.

Another tip: only two people have used "troll" or "trolling" in the BB2 section of the forum to refer to anything but the player type. Both of them are, unsurprisingly, you. 😉

So what I hear you saying is,

you don't discuss things with people, just the alt accounts you make to argue with, so you can sound really smart when you totally own their arguments.

real people are just too scary?

Given that nothing in any of my posts could be used to label me as a malcontent, and it was you whining about the status quo in the other thread, maybe you should reexamine what your conclusion that there is only one "vocal malcontent" on here means.

hint- it doesn't indicate me.

Crazyguy_co and yourself seem to be the only ones complaining. Well, no I guess technically Isarnwolf was too, but not to the level of you and your alt.

last edited by Gatorlover

you don't discuss things with people, just the alt accounts you make to argue with, so you can sound really smart when you totally own their arguments.

Hey, at least you acknowledge that you got "owned" in each of the arguments! As for the idea that I create duplicate accounts... I think that'll be a hard sell, champ. Everyone knows I'm way to fond of myself to ever pretend to be someone else. Why be you when I can be me?

You, on the other hand... well... one can scarcely blame you for trying on different faces.

hint- it doesn't indicate me.

Your typing characteristics do, every time... like using dashes instead of colons like that. You being a malcontent isn't everything... there are others (though not recently on this forum, and not to the degree you have been).. there are people who use ellipses (I do, for example, but with different frequency).. there are people who say "amiright?" though not on this forum other than you.... there are people who capitalize words often for emphasis instead of using built in emphasis systems (but not with the same frequency). etc... etc... etc...

I'm not even sure why you waste your time trying to deny any of this. I suspect you're not convincing anyone of your alternative facts, and the actual forum admins can check the associated IP addresses with ARIN to see which webhost they come from, or sites like ip2location to see general geographic location - if they care to.

All it really tells me is that you're a loser who can't handle taking responsibility for the things you say and do, trying to slough them off by assuming new identities each time you feel (by your own admission) that you got spanked or banned... but who lacks the self-control to stay away from the same people who administered them the last time 😉

There is something strangley sad about someone who congratulates himself like that on defeating his own bad arguments.

Is this a lack of real life validation? It's ok champ, you matter! You are important to someone!

I have the same problem, just started up the game and now I'm banned. I've conceded once this season and had to leave a second game because I couldn't move the map any more. I thought a reconnect would fix it, but after leaving I couldn't rejoin the game (there was no option). Even if you consider both as concedes, I don't understand why I'm banned now.

Everyone who has been banned has had 6 or more concessions/disconnections. What's your coach name in-game?

As I said, I had two so far. My coach name is "Condor Drake"

You're not on our list, so should not be banned by my reckoning. I'll look into it.

@Equinox - you should have received an email from at your registered email address regarding this.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.