No, Chainsaw??

Hiya,

I've just realised there is no Chainsaw, any reason for that??

Thank,
James

I'm not sure terminators are often equiped with chainswords man.
In my representation, chainswords are for tactical space marines and Terminators are equiped, either with powergear (in most of case), either with specific weapon like thunder hammer of energetic sword.

Awwwww ☹ ☹ ..... They had chainsaws in the "SpaceHulk Vengeance of the blood angels" that I played on the Sega Saturn 😉

Its a cool idea, but terminators can't take chainswords in the lore sadly. Terminators in canon actually have very limited weapon choices, due to the size and bulk of the armor and whatnot

There is the potential possibility of Chain fists but a Power fist would out do it in most, if not all regards. Probably the same reason there's only a Power sword and no Chain sword.

I see what your all saying but still would be cool though.

Are certain weapons limited to certain melee weapons?

Thanks,
James

yeah theres limits on what different space marines can take. as an example, only assault marines have access to an eviscerator (within the astartes) and only terminators have access to chainfists, which are their only choice for chain weapons. power weapons tend to be less restricted. Its kind of like how only terminators can take assault cannons since theyre going to make the most of it, while a power armored marine could never be able to carry one. since termie armor is so huge, chainswords would likely be broken or be too small to hold. Plus where a chainsword could rip through flak or carapace armor, chainfists and powerfists can rip through tanks, so it serves the needs of termies better

last edited by jb0809

@jb0809 said in No, Chainsaw??:

yeah theres limits on what different space marines can take. as an example, only assault marines have access to an eviscerator (within the astartes) and only terminators have access to chainfists, which are their only choice for chain weapons. power weapons tend to be less restricted. Its kind of like how only terminators can take assault cannons since theyre going to make the most of it, while a power armored marine could never be able to carry one. since termie armor is so huge, chainswords would likely be broken or be too small to hold. Plus where a chainsword could rip through flak or carapace armor, chainfists and powerfists can rip through tanks, so it serves the needs of termies better

Oh right nice one that's good to know thanks for that 🙂 🙂 :-).

What I was getting at with my previous question was, are certain weapons in the game itself limited to certain melee weapons?

For example, standard bolter can have a powerfist ONLY or can you have the power sword or mace

and the same goes for the rest of the weapons.

Thanks,
James

@roibr said in No, Chainsaw??:

Just wait 😜

Maybe not a Chainsword, but as Epic as an Chainsword and it has a Chain aswell

Streum On Team

@james_1984 Some melee weapons do limit the use of firearms since they come with a shield (Purgatory Sword, Power Hammer, Mace of Absolution) or because they require both hands to wield (Lightning Claws). The rest of the melee options, like the Power Fist, the Power Sword or the Crozius Arcanum, can be used with other weapons.

@streumon-f8 said in No, Chainsaw??:

@james_1984 Some melee weapons do limit the use of firearms since they come with a shield (Purgatory Sword, Power Hammer, Mace of Absolution) or because they require both hands to wield (Lightning Claws). The rest of the melee options, like the Power Fist, the Power Sword or the Crozius Arcanum, can be used with other weapons.

Do this only occur with the Librarian and Chaplin class or does this go for all classes?

Thanks,
James

Streum On Team

@james_1984 said in No, Chainsaw??:

@streumon-f8 said in No, Chainsaw??:

Do this only occur with the Librarian and Chaplin class or does this go for all classes?

Thanks,
James

All except the Assault, which is a melee-only class. ⚔

last edited by StreumOn - F8

Ok, super, thanks again StreumOn :-).

James

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.