Slamming Gears with a mouse!!

@joridiculous said in Slamming Gears with a mouse!!:

it took me a little while to get a hold of this.. i'd be in a pinch and the 1-2 seconds could make the difference.. However i do agree with @mudhappy, a little practice and it'll come to you. i still lose a little momentum now and then.
Rufus
ps: i play PC, the console might be a little different, .._ indulge me- is there a difference between shifting and 'slamming gears'??

i do have and used a controller for this game, but this is the only driving type game i have where i prefer to use KB. a lot of my friends find it funny i feel using a controller is awkward with this game. lol quick release for KB would be a very nice addition imo.

back on topic.
while i do agree there are times to slam gears. i actually drive 99% of the time with the throttle in the "sweet spot" if you will. that balance point where traction vs. power tends to merge. my throttle moves very little actually depending on terrain. imo, most situations that needs a "gear slam" are usually spots where i need to be in auto to get going and then slam into 1+ for steep quick hill climb or the like when trailing. while with logging it is mostly used for doing "speed runs" from what i have noticed. shifting between 1+ and auto for keeping maximum speed.

last edited by A Former User

@joridiculous . The zoom I know what you mean on that now that its connected to the steering.......@rufus when it comes to slamming gears sometimes I try to shift from Auto to 1+ for speed then back to Auto to keep vehicle from stalling when in a hurry, but in sticky situations I use 1-3 and R1-3 and try to rock the vehicle back and forth trying not to use the winch as much as possible that's when it becomes disconnected and you go one direction to far. then your scrambling to get it back in the desired gear.

@08_jk_ do you use 'tattoo's shift mod'? or the stock shifter? my game has improved tremendously since i started using it a while ago. i'm not sure if i added the link correctly.. if i ever have to reset my mods after an update or crash, this is the very first mod i install, i can't play with out it.. hope it helps__Rufus
http://www.mudrunnermods.com/shift-lever-skull-v1-0/

@joridiculous said in Slamming Gears with a mouse!!:

@rufus Why do you link off site when he's thread is right here.. https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/2138/tattoo/2?page=1

Obviously didn't know there was a thread about it... 😛

@mexican_420
i couldn't figure out how to get it from here. i'm not the best with computers. just thought it might help his game...Rufus

i had searched the forum for tattoo, tattoo shifter, and tattoo mods. and received no results.
i'm at a loss, as to why. 🙃

@rufus said in Slamming Gears with a mouse!!:

i had searched the forum for tattoo, tattoo shifter, and tattoo mods. and received no results.
i'm at a loss, as to why. 🙃

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Was busy with RealLife stuff today.

I searched the forums for tattoo and my shifters came right up.
Did you hit the 3 lines next to the focus forums icon/image at the top left, then go down to search? That's how I did it.

Tattoo's GearBoxes v2.0 for Mudrunner

I guess I could put a link to them in my sig. I don't like that tho. It makes posts longer and I don't like that.

They are also on ST.nl except hazzard didn't post the updates so it's still the old versions. Not much different. Just a texture fix but the model is exactly the same.

last edited by Tattoo

Yes I have had Tattoo's shifter mod for awhile and it's a great improvement over the stock one. Thanks Tattoo For Sharing that.

thanks Tattoo.. i had always used the search bar next to the notification drop down (top right).. and have never received anything useful. Now i can check for content and not keep repeating previously posted topics.. HUGE help, thank you again__Rufus