Spintires: MudRunner - April Community Update
Community Manager

0_1525099341752_Resized-MudRunner-Ridge_Start-up-image_Pic1_1920x1080.jpg

Hello all!

It's time for another one of those regular Community Updates!

This time around, we're actually going to start off talking about something a little more immediate, and making an announcement!

We're happy to announce The Ridge, the second free DLC for Spintires: MudRunner, coming soon to PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

In The Ridge DLC, we'll be introducing a brand new map, two new vehicles, and, for the first time, a brand-new gameplay mode.

On The Ridge, you will find a towering mountain ridge that divides the map into two areas, and that is incredibly difficult to cross. This will be made trickier with the introduction of the two new vehicles, the D-538 and the B-6A. We will have more details on these vehicles in the future in individual vehicle profiles, but both vehicles will also introduce new add-ons to the game as well!

These new add-ons will help players tackle the difficult new game mode being introduced to The Ridge, Scavenge.

Scavenge mode, unique to The Ridge, is a mode where there are no log stations. This means that you won't be able to just collect logs and transport them. Instead, there are now random "scavenge locations". These locations are two or three locations that are randomly selected each time you start the map, and spawn static logs which must be collected with a crane!

We don't currently have a specific planned release date for The Ridge, but it should arrive around the end of May. We will continue to add screenshots to this post as we have them to share with you. As stated above, this will be for PC, PS4 and Xbox One!

As has become the norm for these community updates, I'll also let you know what the team are currently working on, and what to expect in the future.

We continue to work on MudRunner USA, and will have more information on this in the future, but we are currently looking into our options towards licensed vehicles for this.

We are hugely grateful to the dedicated and passionate modding community for helping us make Spintires: MudRunner the best game it can be, but, for now, we're only exploring what options we have, no concrete plans to implement mods on consoles in the short run.

Lastly, the Nintendo Switch version of Spintires: MudRunner is still in development, but we don't have much more to say about this currently.

Thank you, all, and we'll talk to you soon!

last edited by Netheos

Great news. Is always nice to see new content added to the game .
@Iyagovos The B-6A is the Gaz Tigr ? 🙂

last edited by TheDeestroyer

Any new content till I get my pc built is a welcome addition.

Community Moderator - Spintires

New type of gameplay, can't wait!
I am definitely not complaining about new vehicles or map, but new type of gameplay...!

April community :
...we're only exploring what options we have, no concrete plans to implement mods on consoles in the short run...

March community :
...we don't have any concrete plans to implement mods at this time...

February community :
...we're continuing to explore the options of adding mods to the console versions of the game..

Do you really explore ? I don't think...

I cross my fingers, so that the map is more work than that of the valley.

last edited by Mike flanagan

"We don't currently have a specific planned release date for The Ridge, but we currently plan for a release date at the end of May." This sentance honestly hurt my eyes and brain at the same time. "Although we don't have a specific date for release, we are hoping to have it out for the end of May" Just throughing some examples out since I was a douche enough to criticise your writing. LOVE your game though. Thanks for the ongoing updates and support.

Community Manager

@doumbledour You're right it wasn't the best phrasing. Updated, thanks!

Definitely a big step in the right direction with the random spawns. A game like this can thrive on that feature.

Just don't make logs balance on a cliff edge for our truck's sake 😉

I was hopping for a tracked vehicle announcement for this DLC 😞

Looking forward to it nonetheless.

Good news, we are waiting 🙂

Great news! Looking forward to it! Thanks!

OK this may not be the pick up trucks and trail maps some of the community were hoping for (not me, I'm not that bothered 😜 ), but WOW - I'm excited for this DLC! 👏 👌 😎 😎

last edited by DIFFLOCK66

@difflock66 said in Spintires: MudRunner - April Community Update:

OK this may not be the pick up trucks and trail maps some of the community were hoping for (not me, I'm not that bothered 😜 ), but WOW - I'm excited for this DLC! 👏 👌 😎 😎

Yup. I could still give less than 2 shats about more logging. And this new map better be leaps and bounds better than the "slapped together the weekend before it was due" map that we got with The Valley DLC...

last edited by Mexican_420

Ah that’s great news. Looking forward to it

good stuff boys, new content is always welcome and appreciated also can anyone find out real life versions of those new vehicles? ty in advance

last edited by zamal
Community Moderator - Spintires

By that picture, it seems to be this
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAZ-538
Or some close version.
I have no idea what is hidden behind that other vehicle number...

@Netheos Just to be clear...is the release date for the new DLC coming towards the end of May? Or is the actual DLC coming towards the end of May? I'm very excited for it!

last edited by simhunt77

Good news! Shared all over the place 🙂 Can wait to play live on my youtube channel.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.