[Beta] Custom teams need to not be in open ladder on launch.

Currently you can que into Cyanide's open ladder with a custom team of your own creation. This means you can make an all linewoman Amazon team with blodge, 4 re-rolls, and an apocathary for only 1020 TV. You can make a Lizardman team and give all the Saurus block, which is usually hard to obtain. Another possibility is to create a normal Chaos team but stack kill skills on one player without drastically raising the TV, giving you a huge advantage.

Not only is this a turn-off to any new player who probably won't recognize what's going on but it really destroys a good deal of what makes this game fun, which is leveling up. Proper SPP allocation also takes some amount of skill and allowing custom teams destroys that, and having that level six get injured will have far less meaning if you can just re-make the exact same team.

The game already recognizes in team skill descriptions that part of the game's balance is in how some teams are weak early but strong later, and custom teams throws this completely out the window. Custom teams should really stay in custom leagues and not be represented in open ladder, or it will really destroy the balance of teams we already see.

@fluffyburrito if this is true I'm getting a refund and this is a new low for cyanide!

No custom team etc should ever be in a competitive ladder EVER.

It is too early to start the refund-talk, yet ;). This is still the beta with its specific beta-ladder, which is way more open than COL will be. I haven't seen any official comment regarding custom teams, but it has been confirmed in the steam-beta-forums, that mixed teams (which are a part of the beta-ladder) will not be allowed in COL.

@Arne said in [Beta] Custom teams need to not be in open ladder on launch.:

It is too early to start the refund-talk, yet ;). This is still the beta with its specific beta-ladder, which is way more open than COL will be. I haven't seen any official comment regarding custom teams, but it has been confirmed in the steam-beta-forums, that mixed teams (which are a part of the beta-ladder) will not be allowed in COL.

Wouldnt put any thing past cyanide if I'm honest I'm still holding a grudge over how Xbox360/PS3 players was treated 😂

Blood Bowl Moderator

Every league is customisable and i fully expect the col admins to not allow custom teams in.

@gcoleman76 said in [Beta] Custom teams need to not be in open ladder on launch.:

Every league is customisable and i fully expect the col admins to not allow custom teams in.

You give them too much credit, given how utterly lazy they have been so far, and how they have openly encouraged using bugs.

Allowing bugs also discourages new players, who won't know about them or how to use them, and the admin team not only allows it, but vocally encourages it.

Given that fair play is not even a blip on their radar, I don't think we can give them this much credit.

The fact that they haven't shown up to comment is pretty much proof imo, since they are quick to comment whenever they can look good, and only slow when the answer is them admitting they are making the bad decision.

Focus Team

Mixed teams on the open ladder is only a beta thing.

@Focus_Guillaume said in [Beta] Custom teams need to not be in open ladder on launch.:

Mixed teams on the open ladder is only a beta thing.

What about team editor teams that are not mixed?

Focus Team

Same, the current COL will not change.
We have however some ideas to include the new features around the environment but we'll discuss it later!

@Theadminscheated said in [Beta] Custom teams need to not be in open ladder on launch.:

@gcoleman76 said in [Beta] Custom teams need to not be in open ladder on launch.:

You give them too much credit, given how utterly lazy they have been so far, and how they have openly encouraged using bugs.

Allowing bugs also discourages new players, who won't know about them or how to use them, and the admin team not only allows it, but vocally encourages it.

Given that fair play is not even a blip on their radar, I don't think we can give them this much credit.

The fact that they haven't shown up to comment is pretty much proof imo, since they are quick to comment whenever they can look good, and only slow when the answer is them admitting they are making the bad decision.

And I think you give them too little credit, also can you show links where they have openly encouraged using bugs? or is this just another "IMO so must be a fact" conjecture?

BB was never a balanced game, nor is it meant to be , just ask a halfling team that's playing a dwarf team 😉

again you confuse fact with your conjecture, I took a day to respond to this, why? was it because I had the time as I was not working on game script and didnt have lots of posts to deal with? was it because I felt you had something to contribute in a positive manner? was it out of respect as you clearly have it for others? or was it because I feel some idiots need to understand how stupid they sound? I wonder what you think it will be

I think 'openly encouraged using bugs' referred to some bugs (like the TD foul) in the game which were too hard or impractical to police, so were accepted as 'house rules' instead for the time being.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

@Theadminscheated said in [Beta] Custom teams need to not be in open ladder on launch.:

Actually the fact that new players don't know the rules as per TT, and reasonably assume that what the game allows them to do is legal, is one reason that some of the bugs are managed in this manner.

As for commenting on the matter, this thread is titled Open Ladder, not Champion Ladder. We don't manage Open Ladder at all.

I would imagine that the mixed and custom teams are allowed in the open ladder beta as to not segment the beta player base. Coaches would likely not enjoy long wait times that could result from having 3 separate ladders in beta

@dode74 said in [Beta] Custom teams need to not be in open ladder on launch.:

Actually the fact that new players don't know the rules as per TT, and reasonably assume that what the game allows them to do is legal, is one reason that some of the bugs are managed in this manner.

Wait, did you just argue that new players can't figure out that fouling from across the pitch when scoring a touch down isn't part of the rules?

Wow, you must be surrounded by some pretty stupid people IRL if you don't think players could figure that out.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

"If the game allows it then it's allowed" is quite reasonably the way many, and I would argue most, people operate. Many (most?) don't go and read the rulebook for a tabletop version of a PC game in order to play the PC game. So yes, I would say that they would rationalise it as something like a post-score celebration or somesuch.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.